Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
2. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
3. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
4. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
5. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism and metaphor used in the play.
1) Discuss the title of the play and the metaphor of Nora as a doll.
2) Discuss the symbolism of the Christmas tree.
3) Discuss the symbolism of Nora's costume and the tarantella that she dances at the party.
4) Expand your discussion to include other symbols and metaphors throughout the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the author builds tension in the play.
1) How does the author use foreshadowing to hint at events to come in the play?
2) How do the lies and deceptions in the play contribute to its tension?
3) What is the audience afraid will happen in the play?
4) How does the author use Krogstad's letter in the letterbox to generate tension in the last act of the play, and what other devices does the author use in the play to create tension?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the meaning of money to the characters in the play.
1) Why is money important to Nora? What does money mean to her? Why does she want money, and how does she feel about it? Where does money fit in Nora's hierarchy of priorities?
2) What does money mean to Torvald? Why is he happy to have his new job? In what ways does he expect money to improve his life? Where does money fit in Torvald's hierarchy of priorities?
3) How do Nora and Torvald view borrowing, and why?
4) How does Mrs. Linde view money, and why does she marry her first husband for financial reasons?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)