Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
2. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
3. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
4. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
5. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Mrs. Linde's character.
1) Is Mrs. Linde truly a friend to Nora? Why does she tell Krogstad not to intercept his letter before Torvald can read it?
2) What has Mrs. Linde learned from her background? How is her view of life and marriage different from Nora's?
3) Compare Mrs. Linde's proposed relationship with Krogstad with Nora's relationship with Torvald.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss propriety and social rules in the play.
1) How do the characters discuss Doctor Rank's syphilis? Why do they use euphemisms and not talk directly about the subject?
2) How are the social rules in the play different for men and women?
3) How does Torvald feel about being socially proper, and why?
Essay Topic 3
In the play, the characters are often self-interested and even self-absorbed. Discuss selfishness in the play.
1) In what ways is Nora self-centered and self-absorbed? How does she view other people's problems? How does she view her own problems and priorities?
2) In what ways is Torvald self-centered and self-absorbed? How does he respond to Krogstad's letter when he thinks it will ruin him? Who is he most concerned about and why? Why does he feel the need to impose his own views on his wife?
3) In what ways are other characters, like Doctor Rank, Mrs. Linde, and Krogstad, self-centered? How does self-interest shape society?
This section contains 1,819 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)