Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
2. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
3. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
4. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
5. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
Discuss Krogstad's character.
1) How is Krogstad similar to Nora, and how is he different from her?
2) To what extent is Krogstad a villain? Are Krogstad's actions forgivable?
3) Compare Nora's view of Krogstad to Mrs. Linde's view of Krogstad. Why does Mrs. Linde still want a life with Krogstad, after what he's done?
Discuss how the author builds tension in the play.
1) How does the author use foreshadowing to hint at events to come in the play?
2) How do the lies and deceptions in the play contribute to its tension?
3) What is the audience afraid will happen in the play?
4) How does the author use Krogstad's letter in the letterbox to generate tension in the last act of the play, and what other devices does the author use in the play to create tension?
Discuss the concept of imposing ideas onto another person in the novel.
1) How does Torvald impose his own ideas onto Nora? Why does he do this? How successful is he at it?
2) How does a culture impose its ideas onto the people of the culture?
3) How do parents impose ideas and beliefs onto children? In what ways is this positive, and in what ways is it negative?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)