|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
(a) She says it's a surprise for Doctor Rank.
(b) She says it's a surprise for her husband.
(c) She says it's a present for the children.
(d) She says it's none of the maid's business.
2. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
(a) being a gambler
(b) being too prideful
(c) being too fond of food and drink
(d) being too generous with his money
3. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
(a) Yes, Krogstad won't tell Torvald if Nora is prepared to pay off the bond.
(b) No, Doctor Rank would never have given Nora the money.
(c) Yes, but Krogstad would have demanded more than the value of the bond.
(d) No, Krogstad would never have given up the bond.
4. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
(a) She says she knows what it says and it's true.
(b) She says the letter is full of lies.
(c) She says she doesn't know what it says.
(d) She says she wrote the letter herself.
5. What evidence does Doctor Rank believe supports his jealousy?
(a) Mrs. Linde is Nora's childhood friend.
(b) Mrs. Linde has gotten a job at the bank.
(c) Mrs. Linde is in the house as he's speaking.
(d) Mrs. Linde was critical of Doctor Rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
2. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
3. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
4. What does Doctor Rank say he's gained from his "scientific investigation"?
5. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
2. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
3. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
4. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
5. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
6. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
7. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
8. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
9. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
10. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)