|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Nora is dancing?
(a) Her hair comes down.
(b) Her shoe breaks.
(c) Her shawl flies off.
(d) She trips and falls.
2. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) loving him above anything else
(b) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
(c) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
(d) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
3. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) his own inability to control her
(b) her father's lack of principles
(c) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
(d) Krogstad's wiley enticements
4. What reason does Mrs. Linde give Krogstad for her coming to town?
(a) to find a better apartment
(b) to be with him
(c) to find a better job
(d) to flee her home life
5. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
(a) He says he will give in at first, but plot to remove the threat.
(b) He says he will ignore them and be damned.
(c) He says he will threaten Krogstad with action for blackmail.
(d) He says he will be forced to give in to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krogstad respond to the maid's message?
2. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
3. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
4. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
5. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
2. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
3. What does Torvald play on the piano?
4. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
5. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
6. Why does Nora confess what's happened to Mrs. Linde?
7. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
8. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
9. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
10. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)