|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Nora's dance received by the guests at the party?
(a) The guests were angered and asked her to leave.
(b) The guests were embarrassed by her dance.
(c) The guests enjoyed her dance.
(d) The guests were offended and started to leave.
2. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(c) running away
(d) confessing to their wrongdoing
3. Why did Nora like talking to the maids when she lived at her father's house?
(a) They knew lots of secrets.
(b) They sang songs and told stories.
(c) They understood what it was like to be a woman.
(d) They didn't moralize.
4. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He waits out on the street.
(b) He comes up the back stairs.
(c) He comes from the floor above.
(d) He comes through a window.
5. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to see Doctor Rank
(b) to see Krogstad
(c) to see Torvald
(d) to the bank
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
2. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
3. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
4. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
5. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
2. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
3. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
4. What does Nora tell Torvald she needs his help to do, in order to keep him distracted?
5. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
6. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
7. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
8. What does Krogstad want most?
9. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
10. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)