|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
(a) Torvald is afraid of getting ill again.
(b) Torvald hates things that are ugly.
(c) Rank is ashamed for Torvald to see him sick.
(d) Rank doesn't want Torvald to know he is dying.
2. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
(a) The door is locked.
(b) Nora goes out to him.
(c) Doctor Rank trips him.
(d) Doctor Rank stops him.
3. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) five years
(b) six months
(c) one month
(d) one year
4. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black border
(b) a card with a black cross
(c) a card with a black angel
(d) a card with a black star
5. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
(a) a recluse in a cave
(b) a shipwrecked man
(c) a condemned prisoner
(d) a gambler out of money
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
2. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
3. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
4. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
5. How does Krogstad respond to the maid's message?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torvald play on the piano?
2. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
3. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
4. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
5. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
6. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
7. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
8. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
9. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
10. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)