|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
(a) that they will call the police if he doesn't leave
(b) that no one is home
(c) that no one is allowed in on Christmas day
(d) that Nora refuses to see him
2. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
(b) trying to read a book
(c) cleaning around the house
(d) making tea
3. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) take Torvald out of the house
(b) confess to Torvald
(c) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(d) stop Torvald from getting the mail
4. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
(a) to completely sever their relationship
(b) to see if he would still chase her
(c) to tell him the bitter truth
(d) because her husband forced her to
5. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
(a) She says she doesn't know what it says.
(b) She says she wrote the letter herself.
(c) She says the letter is full of lies.
(d) She says she knows what it says and it's true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
2. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
3. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
4. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
5. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
2. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
3. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
4. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
5. What does Nora tell Torvald she needs his help to do, in order to keep him distracted?
6. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
7. What does Torvald play on the piano?
8. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
9. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
10. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)