|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
(a) He says Mrs. Linde will take his place as the Helmers' friend.
(b) He says Mrs. Linde will take all the attention away from his death.
(c) He says Mrs. Linde will be in all the newspapers.
(d) He says Mrs. Linde will take over his position in the town.
2. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) one year
(b) six months
(c) one month
(d) five years
3. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a book
(b) a nightcap
(c) a hat
(d) a cigar
4. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) stop Torvald from getting the mail
(b) take Torvald out of the house
(c) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(d) confess to Torvald
5. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
(a) He says he will ignore them and be damned.
(b) He says he will threaten Krogstad with action for blackmail.
(c) He says he will give in at first, but plot to remove the threat.
(d) He says he will be forced to give in to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
2. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
3. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
4. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
5. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
2. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
3. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
4. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
5. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
6. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
7. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
8. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
9. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
10. What does Torvald play on the piano?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)