|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
(a) He says he will give in at first, but plot to remove the threat.
(b) He says he will threaten Krogstad with action for blackmail.
(c) He says he will ignore them and be damned.
(d) He says he will be forced to give in to them.
2. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
(a) keep it
(b) hide it in a safe place
(c) give it to Torvald
(d) burn it
3. What evidence does Doctor Rank believe supports his jealousy?
(a) Mrs. Linde is in the house as he's speaking.
(b) Mrs. Linde is Nora's childhood friend.
(c) Mrs. Linde has gotten a job at the bank.
(d) Mrs. Linde was critical of Doctor Rank.
4. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
(a) He says Mrs. Linde will take all the attention away from his death.
(b) He says Mrs. Linde will take over his position in the town.
(c) He says Mrs. Linde will take his place as the Helmers' friend.
(d) He says Mrs. Linde will be in all the newspapers.
5. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) six months
(b) a year and a half
(c) a year
(d) two years
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
2. How does Nora answer, when Torvald asks if she understands what she has done?
3. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
4. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
5. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
2. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
3. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
4. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
5. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
6. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
7. Describe Torvald's reaction to the news of Doctor Rank's impending death.
8. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
9. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
10. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)