|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Nora is dancing?
(a) Her shawl flies off.
(b) Her hair comes down.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) Her shoe breaks.
2. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
(a) a silly excuse
(b) a beautiful lie
(c) a song by a little bird
(d) a mockery of law
3. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(a) 750 pounds
(b) 1,000 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
4. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He comes from the floor above.
(b) He waits out on the street.
(c) He comes through a window.
(d) He comes up the back stairs.
5. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
(a) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is stupid.
(b) Doctor Rank secretly loves Nora.
(c) Doctor Rank hides his great anger at Nora.
(d) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is selfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
2. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
3. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
4. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
5. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
2. What does Torvald play on the piano?
3. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
4. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
5. What does Krogstad want most?
6. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
7. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
8. What does Nora tell Torvald she needs his help to do, in order to keep him distracted?
9. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
10. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)