|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
(a) that Nora refuses to see him
(b) that they will call the police if he doesn't leave
(c) that no one is home
(d) that no one is allowed in on Christmas day
2. What criticism does Torvald make of Nora's Tarantella dance at the party?
(a) He says it was too perfect.
(b) He says it was too erratic.
(c) He says it was too slow and cautious.
(d) He says it was too realistic.
3. What's the first thing Krogstad suggests Nora is considering?
(a) turning herself over to the police
(b) running away
(c) stealing the bond
(d) killing him
4. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(b) take Torvald out of the house
(c) confess to Torvald
(d) stop Torvald from getting the mail
5. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
(b) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
(c) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
(d) No, she stays at the dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
2. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
3. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
4. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
5. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
2. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
3. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
4. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
5. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
6. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
7. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
8. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
9. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
10. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)