|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Nora is dancing?
(a) She trips and falls.
(b) Her shoe breaks.
(c) Her hair comes down.
(d) Her shawl flies off.
2. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
(a) send Nora a present
(b) leave forever
(c) apologize to Mrs. Linde
(d) explain to Torvald what has happened
3. What does Nora ask Krogstad to think of, to beg him for mercy?
(a) her children
(b) her husband
(c) her feelings
(d) her reputation
4. What does Krogstad say he has in his pocket?
(a) a letter that will clear her of wrongdoing
(b) the bond
(c) a letter for Torvald
(d) a confession to his own forgery
5. What criticism does Torvald make of Nora's Tarantella dance at the party?
(a) He says it was too erratic.
(b) He says it was too slow and cautious.
(c) He says it was too perfect.
(d) He says it was too realistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
2. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
3. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
4. How does Rank say Nora and Torvald will respond to his death?
5. What reason does Mrs. Linde give Krogstad for her coming to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
2. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
3. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
4. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
5. What does Torvald play on the piano?
6. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
7. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
8. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
9. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
10. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)