|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
(a) He says he will protect her like a hunted dove saved from a hawk's claws.
(b) He says he will protect her like a ground squirrel frightened by a bird of prey's shadow.
(c) He says he will protect her like a baby chick fallen from a nest.
(d) He says he will protect her like a wounded deer saved from a hunter's arrow.
2. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her purse
(b) her gloves
(c) her knitting
(d) her coat
3. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) six months
(b) a year and a half
(c) a year
(d) two years
4. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
(a) in his billfold
(b) in the fire
(c) in the letter box
(d) on the table
5. Why does Nora say she refuses to show him anything else?
(a) She says Doctor Rank was naughty.
(b) She says Doctor Rank is making fun of her.
(c) She says she wants the rest of the costume to be a surprise.
(d) She says Doctor Rank is too sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
2. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
3. What happens while Nora is dancing?
4. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
5. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
2. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
3. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
4. Why does Nora confess what's happened to Mrs. Linde?
5. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
6. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
7. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
8. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
9. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
10. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)