|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora ask Krogstad to think of, to beg him for mercy?
(a) her feelings
(b) her children
(c) her husband
(d) her reputation
2. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
(a) Yes, Krogstad won't tell Torvald if Nora is prepared to pay off the bond.
(b) No, Doctor Rank would never have given Nora the money.
(c) No, Krogstad would never have given up the bond.
(d) Yes, but Krogstad would have demanded more than the value of the bond.
3. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
(a) a recluse in a cave
(b) a gambler out of money
(c) a shipwrecked man
(d) a condemned prisoner
4. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black star
(b) a card with a black border
(c) a card with a black angel
(d) a card with a black cross
5. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) She doesn't know what they mean.
(b) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
(c) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
(d) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
2. Why did Nora like talking to the maids when she lived at her father's house?
3. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
4. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
5. How does Krogstad respond to the maid's message?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
2. Why does Nora confess what's happened to Mrs. Linde?
3. What does Torvald play on the piano?
4. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
5. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
6. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
7. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
8. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
9. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
10. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)