|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rank say Nora and Torvald will respond to his death?
(a) He says they will mourn for a long time.
(b) He says they will be sad for three seasons.
(c) He says they will dance on his grave.
(d) He says they will soon forget him.
2. How does Krogstad respond to the maid's message?
(a) He storms into the house and goes straight to Torvald's study.
(b) He goes away but keeps returning.
(c) He promises to come back with the police.
(d) He doesn't believe it and refuses to leave.
3. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
(a) She says she wrote the letter herself.
(b) She says the letter is full of lies.
(c) She says she knows what it says and it's true.
(d) She says she doesn't know what it says.
4. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) Krogstad's wiley enticements
(b) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
(c) her father's lack of principles
(d) his own inability to control her
5. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
(a) that no one is allowed in on Christmas day
(b) that Nora refuses to see him
(c) that no one is home
(d) that they will call the police if he doesn't leave
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
2. What criticism does Torvald make of Nora's Tarantella dance at the party?
3. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
4. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
5. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
2. What does Krogstad want most?
3. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
4. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
5. Why does Nora confess what's happened to Mrs. Linde?
6. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
7. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
8. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
9. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
10. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)