|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Nora is dancing?
(a) She trips and falls.
(b) Her shoe breaks.
(c) Her shawl flies off.
(d) Her hair comes down.
2. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
(b) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
(c) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
(d) ignored her father's wrongdoings
3. What reason does Mrs. Linde give Krogstad for her coming to town?
(a) to find a better job
(b) to find a better apartment
(c) to flee her home life
(d) to be with him
4. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) six months
(b) five years
(c) one month
(d) one year
5. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
(a) He throws it in the stove without looking at it.
(b) He keeps it to remind him of what Nora has done.
(c) He reads it and then burns it with a lighter.
(d) He reads it and tears it up, trampling it on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krogstad think of Mrs. Linde?
2. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
3. What does Nora put on herself, when Torvald goes in to read the letters?
4. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
5. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
2. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
3. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
4. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
5. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
6. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
7. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
8. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
9. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
10. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)