|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
(a) his character
(b) his innocence
(c) his love
(d) his weakness
2. What criticism does Torvald make of Nora's Tarantella dance at the party?
(a) He says it was too slow and cautious.
(b) He says it was too perfect.
(c) He says it was too erratic.
(d) He says it was too realistic.
3. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
(a) Doctor Rank secretly loves Nora.
(b) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is selfish.
(c) Doctor Rank hides his great anger at Nora.
(d) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is stupid.
4. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
(a) He says he will ignore them and be damned.
(b) He says he will give in at first, but plot to remove the threat.
(c) He says he will be forced to give in to them.
(d) He says he will threaten Krogstad with action for blackmail.
5. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) read the rest of the mail
(b) give her the mail to put on his desk
(c) toss the mail into the fire
(d) leave the mail until the morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
2. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
3. What happens while Nora is dancing?
4. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
5. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
2. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
3. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
4. What does Nora tell Torvald she needs his help to do, in order to keep him distracted?
5. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
6. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
7. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
8. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
9. What does Krogstad want most?
10. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)