|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
(b) Krogstad's wiley enticements
(c) his own inability to control her
(d) her father's lack of principles
2. What confuses Rank about Nora's behavior?
(a) Nora seems to enjoy being with him more than with Torvald.
(b) Nora never makes a joke with Torvald around.
(c) Nora is always kind, even when she doesn't mean it.
(d) Nora is always upset at the slightest, most insignificant thing.
3. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) two years
(b) a year and a half
(c) six months
(d) a year
4. How was Nora's dance received by the guests at the party?
(a) The guests were offended and started to leave.
(b) The guests were angered and asked her to leave.
(c) The guests were embarrassed by her dance.
(d) The guests enjoyed her dance.
5. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
(a) miserable creature
(b) monstrous crow
(c) little lark
(d) little squirrel
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
2. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
3. What does Krogstad say he has in his pocket?
4. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
5. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
2. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
3. What does Nora tell Torvald she needs his help to do, in order to keep him distracted?
4. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
5. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
6. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
7. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
8. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
9. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
10. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)