|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krogstad say he has in his pocket?
(a) a letter for Torvald
(b) the bond
(c) a letter that will clear her of wrongdoing
(d) a confession to his own forgery
2. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
(a) No, Doctor Rank would never have given Nora the money.
(b) No, Krogstad would never have given up the bond.
(c) Yes, Krogstad won't tell Torvald if Nora is prepared to pay off the bond.
(d) Yes, but Krogstad would have demanded more than the value of the bond.
3. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
(a) He says he will give in at first, but plot to remove the threat.
(b) He says he will be forced to give in to them.
(c) He says he will ignore them and be damned.
(d) He says he will threaten Krogstad with action for blackmail.
4. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
(b) She doesn't know what they mean.
(c) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
(d) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
5. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
(a) She says she's been doing some sewing for Nora.
(b) She says she forgot a purse last time she visited.
(c) She says she's waiting to see Nora's dress.
(d) She says she wants to loan Nora a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
2. How does Doctor Rank respond when Nora asks what he would do if she asked him a huge favor?
3. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
4. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
5. How does Nora answer, when Torvald asks if she understands what she has done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Torvald's reaction to the news of Doctor Rank's impending death.
2. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
3. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
4. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
5. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
6. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
7. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
8. What does Torvald play on the piano?
9. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
10. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)