|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
(a) so he doesn't know where she lives
(b) so Torvald will be nearby
(c) to have privacy
(d) so Nora will be nearby
2. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(b) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
(c) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
(d) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
3. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to see Krogstad
(b) to see Doctor Rank
(c) to see Torvald
(d) to the bank
4. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
(b) No, she stays at the dance.
(c) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
(d) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
5. How does Nora answer, when Torvald asks if she understands what she has done?
(a) She says that she doesn't know what it means anymore.
(b) She says that she understood from the beginning.
(c) She says that she never understood.
(d) She says that yes, she is beginning to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
2. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
3. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
4. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
5. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)