|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a broken hairpin
(b) a wire from a brush
(c) a broken key
(d) a sewing needle
2. What does Doctor Rank say he's gained from his "scientific investigation"?
3. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
(a) to tell him the bitter truth
(b) because her husband forced her to
(c) to see if he would still chase her
(d) to completely sever their relationship
4. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) No, she stays at the dance.
(b) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
(c) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
(d) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
5. What's the first thing Krogstad suggests Nora is considering?
(a) killing him
(b) running away
(c) turning herself over to the police
(d) stealing the bond
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
2. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
3. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
4. What does Krogstad say he has in his pocket?
5. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
2. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
3. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
4. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
5. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
6. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
7. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
8. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
9. Describe Torvald's reaction to the news of Doctor Rank's impending death.
10. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)