|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
(b) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
(c) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(d) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
2. Who does Nora say must have been tampering with the mailbox?
(a) the maid
(b) Mrs. Linde
(c) the children
(d) a guest from the party
3. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) one year
(b) six months
(c) one month
(d) five years
4. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
(a) his love
(b) his innocence
(c) his character
(d) his weakness
5. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
(a) He keeps it to remind him of what Nora has done.
(b) He reads it and then burns it with a lighter.
(c) He throws it in the stove without looking at it.
(d) He reads it and tears it up, trampling it on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
2. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
3. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
4. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
5. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
2. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
3. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
4. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
5. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
6. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
7. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
8. Describe Rank's ideas of costumes for himself and Nora at the next fancy dress ball.
9. What does Nora tell Torvald she needs his help to do, in order to keep him distracted?
10. What does Torvald play on the piano?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)