|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He comes through a window.
(b) He waits out on the street.
(c) He comes from the floor above.
(d) He comes up the back stairs.
2. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
(a) to see if he would still chase her
(b) because her husband forced her to
(c) to completely sever their relationship
(d) to tell him the bitter truth
3. What is Krogstad's initial reaction to the fact that the Helmers are at a dance?
4. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
(b) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
(c) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(d) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
5. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
(a) so Nora will be nearby
(b) so Torvald will be nearby
(c) to have privacy
(d) so he doesn't know where she lives
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
2. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
3. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
4. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
5. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
2. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
3. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
4. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
5. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
6. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
7. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
8. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
9. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
10. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)