|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
(a) on the table
(b) in his billfold
(c) in the fire
(d) in the letter box
2. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) take Torvald out of the house
(b) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(c) confess to Torvald
(d) stop Torvald from getting the mail
3. What stops Nora from leaving?
(a) Torvald, coming out of his study
(b) Nora's doubts about what is in the letter
(c) Nora's doubts about leaving her children
(d) the maid coming in from the kitchen
4. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) one month
(b) one year
(c) five years
(d) six months
5. Why did Nora like talking to the maids when she lived at her father's house?
(a) They sang songs and told stories.
(b) They didn't moralize.
(c) They understood what it was like to be a woman.
(d) They knew lots of secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
2. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
3. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
4. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
5. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
2. Why does Nora confess what's happened to Mrs. Linde?
3. What does Krogstad want most?
4. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
5. What fantasy does Torvald say he has about his wife when he's bringing her home from a party?
6. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
7. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
8. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
9. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
10. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)