|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Rank about Nora's behavior?
(a) Nora never makes a joke with Torvald around.
(b) Nora seems to enjoy being with him more than with Torvald.
(c) Nora is always upset at the slightest, most insignificant thing.
(d) Nora is always kind, even when she doesn't mean it.
2. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
(a) He says he will protect her like a baby chick fallen from a nest.
(b) He says he will protect her like a wounded deer saved from a hunter's arrow.
(c) He says he will protect her like a hunted dove saved from a hawk's claws.
(d) He says he will protect her like a ground squirrel frightened by a bird of prey's shadow.
3. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
(a) little lark
(b) little squirrel
(c) miserable creature
(d) monstrous crow
4. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her knitting
(b) her gloves
(c) her purse
(d) her coat
5. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(b) 750 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
2. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
3. What final doubt does Krogstad have about Mrs. Linde?
4. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
5. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
2. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
3. What does Torvald play on the piano?
4. Why does Helmer say he prefers embroidery to knitting?
5. Why does Nora confess what's happened to Mrs. Linde?
6. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
7. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
8. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
9. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
10. Describe Torvald's reaction to Nora's wrongdoing.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)