|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Nora's dance received by the guests at the party?
(a) The guests enjoyed her dance.
(b) The guests were embarrassed by her dance.
(c) The guests were angered and asked her to leave.
(d) The guests were offended and started to leave.
2. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
(a) lace gloves
(b) a garter
(c) silk stockings
(d) a silk scarf
3. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to see Doctor Rank
(b) to see Torvald
(c) to the bank
(d) to see Krogstad
4. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
(b) She doesn't know what they mean.
(c) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
(d) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
5. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her coat
(b) her purse
(c) her gloves
(d) her knitting
Short Answer Questions
1. What final doubt does Krogstad have about Mrs. Linde?
2. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
3. What stops Nora from leaving?
4. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
5. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
Short Essay Questions
1. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
2. What does Nora ask Doctor Rank to do for her, after the maid gives Nora the card?
3. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction when Krogstad offers to ask Torvald for his letter back?
4. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
5. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
6. Why can't Nora ask Doctor Rank for help, after he tells her his feelings?
7. What is the significance of Nora calling for the lamp?
8. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
9. What does Torvald play on the piano?
10. Describe Torvald's reaction to receiving the letter with the bond enclosed.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)