|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Doctor Rank's illness?
(a) an inherited genetic cause
(b) a venereal disease his father had
(c) exposure to weather
(d) an accident
2. How does Krogstad re-enter the house unnoticed by Nora?
(a) Krogstad picks the lock.
(b) Krogstad comes in through the window.
(c) The door was left ajar.
(d) Krogstad comes in through the kitchen.
3. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
(b) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
(c) repossessing all her belongings
(d) pretending they're having an affair
4. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
(b) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
(c) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
(d) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
5. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(b) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
(c) Things were dull without her.
(d) He was sad to be away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora tell her children about the "stranger man"?
2. What happened to the nurse's own daughter?
3. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
4. What does Krogstad ask Nora about Mrs. Linde?
5. How long were they gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
2. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
3. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
4. Why is Torvald reluctant to give Nora money for Christmas?
5. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
6. What example does Torvald give Nora, to try and show her why borrowing is bad?
7. Why does Mrs. Linde think Torvald might still be ill?
8. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
9. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
10. What is Nora's reaction to seeing Mrs. Linde?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)