|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
(a) a paper releasing him from all liability
(b) a bond for the money
(c) a contract obliging her to keep the transaction secret
(d) a contract with her house as security
2. What is Nora's relationship with her children's nurse?
(a) Nora knew the nurse when Nora was a teenager.
(b) Nora hired the nurse when she had her third child.
(c) The nurse was Nora's nurse when she was young.
(d) Nora hired the nurse when she had her first child.
3. What does Torvald like about his new job?
(a) He likes that he won't need to work hard.
(b) He likes the prestige of his new position.
(c) He likes that he'll gain political power.
(d) He likes the financial security.
4. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) Things were dull without her.
(b) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
(c) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(d) He was sad to be away from her.
5. What does Nora do when Krogstad confronts her about the fake signature?
(a) She is ambiguous whether it's true, maintaining that the accusation can't be proved.
(b) She makes up a story to explain what Krogstad thinks is wrong.
(c) She confesses that she faked the signature.
(d) She laughs and tells him that he's wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
2. What game does Nora play with her children?
3. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
4. What does Nora ask the maid to bring to her after Krogstad has left?
5. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
2. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
3. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
4. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
5. What is Nora's attitude toward Torvald's rules?
6. Why is Torvald looking forward to the Christmas dinner?
7. What was Nora's attitude toward Krogstad when she first borrowed money from him?
8. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
9. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
10. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)