|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Torvald's real reason for wanting to fire Krogstad?
(a) He believes Krogstad is immoral.
(b) Krogstad knows a secret about Torvald's past.
(c) Krogstad has slovenly habits and is tardy to work.
(d) Krogstad is too familiar and friendly with him in public.
2. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
(a) from a moneylender
(b) from her sister
(c) from doing odd jobs
(d) from her father
3. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
4. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
(a) She tries to fix a vase.
(b) She tries to read a book.
(c) She tries to work on needlework.
(d) She tries to clean the house.
5. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
(b) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
(c) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
(d) upset because their mother isn't with them
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
2. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
3. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
4. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
5. How does Torvald try to cheer up Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Torvald when Nora comes home, and what is its significance?
2. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
3. Why does Mrs. Linde think Torvald might still be ill?
4. Does Nora realize the seriousness of faking a signature?
5. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
6. What does Mrs. Linde hope Nora can do for her?
7. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
8. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
9. What is Nora's attitude toward Torvald's rules?
10. Why does Nora say she wants to tear the fancy-dress costumes into a hundred thousand pieces?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)