|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
(a) He committed an "indiscretion" and then could find no work.
(b) He was too ill to hold down a normal job.
(c) He was in debt and needed extra money.
(d) He went to jail and then could find no work.
2. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) upset because their mother isn't with them
(b) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
(c) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
(d) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
3. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
4. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
(a) Yes, Doctor Rand goes directly to the study to meet with him.
(b) Yes, but Doctor Rand is early and waits in the hall for him.
(c) No, but Torvald goes to meet with him immediately.
(d) No, Torvald is surprised and doesn't want to see him.
5. Who has Mrs. Linde had to support?
(a) her mother and aunt
(b) her mother, brother, and sister
(c) her grandmother and two nephews
(d) her mother and two younger brothers
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Torvald out of his study?
2. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
3. What does Mrs. Linde say her husband left her monetarily?
4. Where does Torvald believe Nora got Christmas presents the last year?
5. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Linde feel, now that no one's depending on her financially anymore?
2. What is Nora's attitude toward Torvald's rules?
3. Why doesn't Nora talk to Torvald about her old friends?
4. Does Nora realize the seriousness of faking a signature?
5. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
6. Why is Torvald looking forward to the Christmas dinner?
7. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
8. Why does Nora say she wants to tear the fancy-dress costumes into a hundred thousand pieces?
9. What is Nora's attitude towards the law?
10. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)