|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
(b) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(c) He was sad to be away from her.
(d) Things were dull without her.
2. Why doesn't the nurse want Nora to go out?
(a) Torvald wanted Nora to be in when he returned.
(b) There's too much work to do around the house.
(c) The children want their mother's attention.
(d) It's cold, and she thinks Nora may get ill.
3. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
4. Who has Mrs. Linde had to support?
(a) her mother and two younger brothers
(b) her mother and aunt
(c) her mother, brother, and sister
(d) her grandmother and two nephews
5. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
(a) every month
(d) twice a week
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
2. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
3. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
4. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
5. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nora say she wants to tear the fancy-dress costumes into a hundred thousand pieces?
2. Why does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde that her father didn't give her the money for the trip that saved Torvald's life?
3. Why does Mrs. Linde think Torvald might still be ill?
4. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
5. What distracts Nora from decorating the Christmas tree?
6. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
7. How does Mrs. Linde feel, now that no one's depending on her financially anymore?
8. Why is Torvald looking forward to the Christmas dinner?
9. What does Mrs. Linde hope Nora can do for her?
10. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)