|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job has Torvald just accepted?
(a) manager of the bank
(b) legal clerk for the town
(c) head accountant for the bank
(d) head counsel for the mayor
2. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
(a) by steamer
(b) by carriage
(c) on foot
(d) by train
3. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
(a) No, Nora never thought to write.
(b) Yes, Nora wrote her right away.
(c) No, but Nora meant to write.
(d) Yes, but Nora put it off and wrote her months later.
4. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
(b) a bank manager
(c) her mother
(d) her father
5. How much did the trip cost?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(b) 500 pounds
(c) 100 pounds
(d) 250 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
2. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
3. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
4. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
5. How does Krogstad re-enter the house unnoticed by Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example does Torvald give Nora, to try and show her why borrowing is bad?
2. What distracts Nora from decorating the Christmas tree?
3. Does Nora realize the seriousness of faking a signature?
4. What is Nora's attitude towards the law?
5. Why is Torvald looking forward to the Christmas dinner?
6. What was Nora's attitude toward Krogstad when she first borrowed money from him?
7. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
8. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
9. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
10. What is Nora's reaction to seeing Mrs. Linde?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)