|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald give to the maid after his conversation with Nora about Krogstad?
(a) Nora's present, to be stored away until she recants
(b) a message for the police about Krogstad
(c) a present to wrap for Nora
(d) a letter firing Krogstad
2. What does Krogstad ask Nora about Mrs. Linde?
(a) whether she is staying in town long
(b) whether she has mentioned him to Nora
(c) whether Torvald is giving her a job at the bank
(d) whether she is a widow
3. What is Torvald's real reason for wanting to fire Krogstad?
(a) Krogstad is too familiar and friendly with him in public.
(b) Krogstad knows a secret about Torvald's past.
(c) Krogstad has slovenly habits and is tardy to work.
(d) He believes Krogstad is immoral.
4. How does Mrs. Linde feel about her husband?
(a) She sometimes misses him terribly and sometimes is glad he's gone.
(b) She misses him horribly.
(c) She is angry at him for leaving her nothing.
(d) She has no sorrow at his death.
5. What does Torvald initially think is the reason Nora wants him to let Krogstad keep his job?
(a) Torvald thinks Nora feels sorry for Krogstad.
(b) Torvald thinks Nora was threatened by Krogstad.
(c) Torvald thinks Nora has made a careless promise to the man.
(d) Torvald thinks Nora must have secret feelings for Krogstad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Torvald not want to spend money?
2. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
3. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
4. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
5. What idea does Mrs. Linde inadvertently put into Nora's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nora say she wants to tear the fancy-dress costumes into a hundred thousand pieces?
2. Does Nora realize the seriousness of faking a signature?
3. Why doesn't Nora talk to Torvald about her old friends?
4. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
5. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
6. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
7. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
8. Why does Torvald ask Nora to name a "reasonable" present?
9. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
10. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)