|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
(a) Torvald wanted more free time.
(b) Torvald needed the possibility of advancement.
(c) Torvald objected to the way the firm was run.
(d) Nora hated his job and wanted him to leave it.
2. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
3. What is Torvald's real reason for wanting to fire Krogstad?
(a) He believes Krogstad is immoral.
(b) Krogstad is too familiar and friendly with him in public.
(c) Krogstad knows a secret about Torvald's past.
(d) Krogstad has slovenly habits and is tardy to work.
4. Why doesn't the nurse want Nora to go out?
(a) Torvald wanted Nora to be in when he returned.
(b) There's too much work to do around the house.
(c) The children want their mother's attention.
(d) It's cold, and she thinks Nora may get ill.
5. What caused Doctor Rank's illness?
(a) a venereal disease his father had
(b) an accident
(c) an inherited genetic cause
(d) exposure to weather
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work has Nora taken on to make ends meet?
2. What does Torvald initially think is the reason Nora wants him to let Krogstad keep his job?
3. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
4. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
5. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torvald say an atmosphere of lies does?
2. Why does Torvald ask Nora to name a "reasonable" present?
3. Why is Torvald reluctant to give Nora money for Christmas?
4. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
5. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
6. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
7. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
8. How does Mrs. Linde feel, now that no one's depending on her financially anymore?
9. Why does Mrs. Linde think Torvald might still be ill?
10. What does Mrs. Linde hope Nora can do for her?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)