|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
(a) a contract with her house as security
(b) a paper releasing him from all liability
(c) a bond for the money
(d) a contract obliging her to keep the transaction secret
2. What idea does Mrs. Linde inadvertently put into Nora's head?
(a) to ask Doctor Rank to take responsibility for the false signature
(b) to steal the incriminating paper from Krogstad
(c) to claim Krogstad took unfair advantage of her
(d) to ask Doctor Rank to help her pay off her debt
3. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
4. Who did Krogstad see walking with Torvald?
(a) a complete stranger
(b) Doctor Rank
(c) Mrs. Linde
5. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
(a) No, but Nora used to know Mrs. Linde.
(b) Yes, but it takes a moment for Nora to recognize her.
(c) No, Nora never met Mrs. Linde before.
(d) Yes, Nora recognizes her right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
2. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
3. How does Nora say Mrs. Linde looks?
4. How does Nora check if her husband is in?
5. What made Torvald ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torvald say an atmosphere of lies does?
2. Where is Torvald when Nora comes home, and what is its significance?
3. What is Nora's reaction when the maid hands her the card from whoever has arrived at the door?
4. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
5. How does Torvald respond to Nora's suggestion that she will soon be "out of the way"?
6. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
7. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
8. What distracts Nora from decorating the Christmas tree?
9. Why does Torvald ask Nora to name a "reasonable" present?
10. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)