|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald give to the maid after his conversation with Nora about Krogstad?
(a) Nora's present, to be stored away until she recants
(b) a message for the police about Krogstad
(c) a letter firing Krogstad
(d) a present to wrap for Nora
2. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
3. What made Torvald ill?
(b) an accident
(c) a harsh, cold winter
(d) a genetic disease
4. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
(a) Torvald wanted more free time.
(b) Nora hated his job and wanted him to leave it.
(c) Torvald objected to the way the firm was run.
(d) Torvald needed the possibility of advancement.
5. What brings Torvald out of his study?
(a) a loud noise from the other room
(b) worry over what Nora has bought
(c) a desire to see his dearly loved wife
(d) anger that Nora is late
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
2. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
3. What type of work has Nora taken on to make ends meet?
4. Who has Mrs. Linde had to support?
5. What is Nora going to the costume ball as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
2. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
3. Describe Torvald's reaction to the news of Doctor Rank's impending death.
4. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
5. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
6. Why is Torvald reluctant to give Nora money for Christmas?
7. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
8. Why does Krogstad say it would be useless for Nora to kill herself?
9. Describe how Nora dances the Tarantella and Torvald's reaction.
10. What comparison does Nora seem to be making between her father and Torvald?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)