|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
(a) The signature is clearly Nora's handwriting.
(b) Nora wouldn't have had time to get the document signed.
(c) The signature is dated three days after Nora's father's death.
(d) The signature is in the wrong kind of ink.
2. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
3. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
(a) the dogs
(b) the neighbors
(d) the maids
4. How does Nora say Mrs. Linde looks?
(a) more tired but happier
(b) thinner and paler
(c) younger but sadder
(d) plumper and darker
5. What is Nora's relationship with her children's nurse?
(a) Nora hired the nurse when she had her first child.
(b) Nora knew the nurse when Nora was a teenager.
(c) Nora hired the nurse when she had her third child.
(d) The nurse was Nora's nurse when she was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the trip cost?
2. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
3. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
4. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
5. What does Torvald say to tell any callers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nora's attitude toward Krogstad when she first borrowed money from him?
2. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
3. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
4. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
5. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
6. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
7. How does Mrs. Linde feel, now that no one's depending on her financially anymore?
8. What example does Torvald give Nora, to try and show her why borrowing is bad?
9. What is Nora's reaction to seeing Mrs. Linde?
10. Why doesn't Nora talk to Torvald about her old friends?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)