|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
(b) repossessing all her belongings
(c) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
(d) pretending they're having an affair
2. What does Nora finally ask Torvald for as a Christmas present?
(a) a dinner together
(d) a dance
3. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
(a) No, Nora never thought to write.
(b) No, but Nora meant to write.
(c) Yes, but Nora put it off and wrote her months later.
(d) Yes, Nora wrote her right away.
4. What was Torvald's previous profession?
(a) store manager
(d) stock broker
5. Why didn't Torvald make money at his previous profession?
(a) He would not spend money on advertising.
(b) He made bad investments.
(c) He was too upstanding.
(d) He didn't spend enough time on his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
2. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
3. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
4. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
5. What reason does Nora give for wanting Krogstad to keep his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
2. Why does Torvald say that his wife asking him to keeps Krogstad means he could never do it?
3. What example does Torvald give Nora, to try and show her why borrowing is bad?
4. Why does Torvald ask Nora to name a "reasonable" present?
5. What is Krogstad's response when Nora tells him she can't help him?
6. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
7. Does Nora realize the seriousness of faking a signature?
8. What is Nora's reaction to seeing Mrs. Linde?
9. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
10. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)