|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
(a) Doctor Rank said Krogstad was morally corrupt, but Mrs. Linde knows he's a good person.
(b) Doctor Rank said he'd heard Mrs. Linde mentioned many times, but Torvald seemed not to have heard of her.
(c) Doctor Rank said Torvald was always healthy, but Mrs. Linde knows he's been ill.
(d) Doctor Rank said Torvald was happy about his position at the bank, but Torvald seemed upset about it.
2. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
(a) No, but Nora used to know Mrs. Linde.
(b) Yes, Nora recognizes her right away.
(c) Yes, but it takes a moment for Nora to recognize her.
(d) No, Nora never met Mrs. Linde before.
3. How does Torvald try to cheer up Nora?
(a) by giving her a kiss
(b) by giving her money
(c) by giving her a ring
(d) by dancing with her
4. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
(a) to wrap Christmas presents
(b) to the nurse
(c) outside to play
(d) up to their rooms
5. How many children does Nora have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Nora play with her children?
2. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
3. What caused Doctor Rank's illness?
4. What does Torvald believe happened to last year's presents?
5. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
2. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
3. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
4. Why is Torvald looking forward to the Christmas dinner?
5. What distracts Nora from decorating the Christmas tree?
6. Where is Torvald when Nora comes home, and what is its significance?
7. What is Nora's attitude towards the law?
8. What was Nora's attitude toward Krogstad when she first borrowed money from him?
9. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
10. Why does Torvald say that his wife asking him to keeps Krogstad means he could never do it?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)