|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
(a) No, Nora never thought to write.
(b) Yes, but Nora put it off and wrote her months later.
(c) No, but Nora meant to write.
(d) Yes, Nora wrote her right away.
2. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
(a) a business letter
(b) a Christmas ornament
(c) a gift for Nora
(d) a pen
3. What caused Doctor Rank's illness?
(a) an inherited genetic cause
(b) exposure to weather
(c) an accident
(d) a venereal disease his father had
4. Why didn't Torvald make money at his previous profession?
(a) He made bad investments.
(b) He would not spend money on advertising.
(c) He didn't spend enough time on his work.
(d) He was too upstanding.
5. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
(b) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(c) Things were dull without her.
(d) He was sad to be away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else was supposed to sign the document?
2. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
3. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
4. What game does Nora play with her children?
5. What does Nora threaten to throw Krogstad out of the house for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Torvald when Nora comes home, and what is its significance?
2. What is Krogstad's response when Nora tells him she can't help him?
3. What is Nora's attitude towards the law?
4. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
5. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
6. Why is Torvald looking forward to the Christmas dinner?
7. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
8. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
9. What does Torvald say an atmosphere of lies does?
10. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)