|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nora say Mrs. Linde looks?
(a) plumper and darker
(b) younger but sadder
(c) thinner and paler
(d) more tired but happier
2. What does Torvald like about his new job?
(a) He likes the financial security.
(b) He likes that he won't need to work hard.
(c) He likes that he'll gain political power.
(d) He likes the prestige of his new position.
3. What does Torvald initially think is the reason Nora wants him to let Krogstad keep his job?
(a) Torvald thinks Nora has made a careless promise to the man.
(b) Torvald thinks Nora feels sorry for Krogstad.
(c) Torvald thinks Nora must have secret feelings for Krogstad.
(d) Torvald thinks Nora was threatened by Krogstad.
4. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
(a) a Christmas ornament
(b) a pen
(c) a business letter
(d) a gift for Nora
5. Why didn't Torvald make money at his previous profession?
(a) He made bad investments.
(b) He would not spend money on advertising.
(c) He didn't spend enough time on his work.
(d) He was too upstanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
2. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
3. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
4. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
5. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Linde respond to Krogstad's suggestion that she should give up her post at the bank for his benefit?
2. After news of Doctor Rank's impending death, what does Torvald say that he often wishes?
3. What does Krogstad want most?
4. What is Krogstad's response when Nora tells him she can't help him?
5. How does Krogstad respond to Mrs. Linde's offer to be with him?
6. What excuse does Nora make, so she doesn't have to explain the favor she wanted?
7. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
8. What does Torvald want Nora to do, to "hush up' the incident?
9. What reason does Nora give for wanting to kill herself?
10. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)