|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald like about his new job?
(a) He likes that he won't need to work hard.
(b) He likes the prestige of his new position.
(c) He likes that he'll gain political power.
(d) He likes the financial security.
2. What happened to the nurse's own daughter?
(a) The nurse gave her daughter up for adoption.
(b) The nurse's daughter died during childhood.
(c) The nurse's daughter died during childbirth.
(d) The nurse's daughter was raised by its grandparents.
3. What is Nora's attitude toward her children?
4. Which of the following does Torvald NOT call Nora?
(a) little kitten
(b) little squirrel
(c) little spendthrift
(d) little lark
5. What does Nora want Mrs. Linde's help with?
(a) deciding what to wear to the costume ball
(b) repairing her dress for the costume ball
(c) coming up with a plan to protect her from Krogstad
(d) distracting Torvald while Nora does a secret errand
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
2. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
3. What does Torvald say to tell any callers?
4. What was Nora actually doing, while Torvald thought she was making presents the past Christmas?
5. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Krogstad's response when Nora tells him she can't help him?
2. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
3. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
4. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
5. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
6. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
7. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
8. Why is Torvald reluctant to give Nora money for Christmas?
9. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
10. Why does Mrs. Linde think Torvald might still be ill?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)