|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Nora points out about the things she's bought?
(a) They are low quality.
(b) They are good quality.
(c) They were cheap.
(d) They were expensive.
2. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
(a) to the nurse
(b) up to their rooms
(c) to wrap Christmas presents
(d) outside to play
3. What was Nora actually doing, while Torvald thought she was making presents the past Christmas?
(a) She was doing copying work.
(b) She was making something for Torvald.
(c) She was having an affair.
(d) She was seeing a doctor.
4. When Nora first comes home, what does she ask her maid Helen to hide?
(a) a Christmas tree
(b) her macaroons
(c) a gift for Torvald
(d) gifts for the children
5. What idea does Mrs. Linde inadvertently put into Nora's head?
(a) to ask Doctor Rank to take responsibility for the false signature
(b) to claim Krogstad took unfair advantage of her
(c) to steal the incriminating paper from Krogstad
(d) to ask Doctor Rank to help her pay off her debt
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Torvald ill?
2. How many children does Nora have?
3. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
4. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
5. What reason does Nora give for wanting Krogstad to keep his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
2. What distracts Nora from decorating the Christmas tree?
3. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
4. How does Mrs. Linde feel, now that no one's depending on her financially anymore?
5. Why does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde that her father didn't give her the money for the trip that saved Torvald's life?
6. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
7. Does Nora realize the seriousness of faking a signature?
8. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
9. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
10. What does Torvald say an atmosphere of lies does?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)