|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Nora tell Torvald?
(a) She says she hasn't gotten a Christmas tree.
(b) She says she hasn't promised the children anything.
(c) She says she hasn't eaten any sweets.
(d) She says she hasn't bought him a present.
2. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
3. What is Nora going to the costume ball as?
(a) a Genoan farmgirl
(b) a Sicilian dancing girl
(c) a Corsican peasant
(d) a Neapolitan fisher-girl
4. What caused Doctor Rank's illness?
(a) a venereal disease his father had
(b) an accident
(c) an inherited genetic cause
(d) exposure to weather
5. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
(b) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
(c) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
(d) upset because their mother isn't with them
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
2. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
3. Who did Krogstad see walking with Torvald?
4. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
5. What was Torvald's previous profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Nora realize the seriousness of faking a signature?
2. Why does Mrs. Linde think Torvald might still be ill?
3. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
4. Where is Torvald when Nora comes home, and what is its significance?
5. What does Mrs. Linde hope Nora can do for her?
6. What example does Torvald give Nora, to try and show her why borrowing is bad?
7. What is Nora's attitude towards the law?
8. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
9. What is Nora's reaction to seeing Mrs. Linde?
10. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)