|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) upset because their mother isn't with them
(b) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
(c) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
(d) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
2. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
(b) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
(c) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
(d) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
3. What does Nora ask for at first, when Torvald asks what he should get her?
(a) a new dress
(b) a new pot
(c) an expensive bracelet
4. What does Nora do when Krogstad confronts her about the fake signature?
(a) She makes up a story to explain what Krogstad thinks is wrong.
(b) She is ambiguous whether it's true, maintaining that the accusation can't be proved.
(c) She laughs and tells him that he's wrong.
(d) She confesses that she faked the signature.
5. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
(a) He went to jail and then could find no work.
(b) He was too ill to hold down a normal job.
(c) He was in debt and needed extra money.
(d) He committed an "indiscretion" and then could find no work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora finally ask Torvald for as a Christmas present?
2. What was Nora actually doing, while Torvald thought she was making presents the past Christmas?
3. What does Krogstad compare falsifying the signature to?
4. What lie does Nora tell Torvald?
5. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
2. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
3. What example does Torvald give Nora, to try and show her why borrowing is bad?
4. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
5. Why doesn't Nora talk to Torvald about her old friends?
6. What is Nora's attitude toward Torvald's rules?
7. What is Nora's reaction to seeing Mrs. Linde?
8. Why is Torvald reluctant to give Nora money for Christmas?
9. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
10. Does Nora realize the seriousness of faking a signature?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)