|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
2. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
(a) No, Torvald is surprised and doesn't want to see him.
(b) No, but Torvald goes to meet with him immediately.
(c) Yes, Doctor Rand goes directly to the study to meet with him.
(d) Yes, but Doctor Rand is early and waits in the hall for him.
3. What was Torvald's previous profession?
(c) store manager
(d) stock broker
4. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
(a) from a moneylender
(b) from her sister
(c) from doing odd jobs
(d) from her father
5. What does Nora tell Krogstad about how Mrs. Linde got the job at the bank?
(a) Nora says Mrs. Linde got the job because of her qualifications.
(b) Nora says she had nothing to do with how Mrs. Linde got the job.
(c) Nora says that she influenced her husband to give Mrs. Linde the job.
(d) Nora says Mrs. Linde got the job because she is in dire need.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
2. What lie does Nora tell Torvald?
3. What does Krogstad ask Nora to do for him?
4. What does Torvald believe happened to last year's presents?
5. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
2. Why does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde that her father didn't give her the money for the trip that saved Torvald's life?
3. What example does Torvald give Nora, to try and show her why borrowing is bad?
4. Why is Torvald looking forward to the Christmas dinner?
5. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
6. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
7. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
8. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
9. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
10. What is Nora's reaction to seeing Mrs. Linde?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)