|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
(a) Yes, Nora wrote her right away.
(b) No, but Nora meant to write.
(c) No, Nora never thought to write.
(d) Yes, but Nora put it off and wrote her months later.
2. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
(a) Nora hated his job and wanted him to leave it.
(b) Torvald needed the possibility of advancement.
(c) Torvald wanted more free time.
(d) Torvald objected to the way the firm was run.
3. For Nora, what will having "heaps and heaps of money" mean?
(a) no anxiety
(b) fur coats and jewels
(c) more troubles
(d) freedom to start a business
4. What does Torvald say to tell any callers?
(a) that he's not at home
(b) that he's not doing any business until after Christmas
(c) that he's busy in the study
(d) that he's only got half an hour
5. How does Nora say Mrs. Linde looks?
(a) more tired but happier
(b) younger but sadder
(c) plumper and darker
(d) thinner and paler
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
2. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
3. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
4. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
5. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Nora mentioning the first of the month to Krogstad?
2. Where is Torvald when Nora comes home, and what is its significance?
3. What does Doctor Rank say about Krogstad's character?
4. Why does Mrs. Linde think Torvald might still be ill?
5. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
6. What is Nora's reaction to seeing Mrs. Linde?
7. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
8. What is Nora's attitude toward Torvald's rules?
9. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
10. Why does Torvald ask Nora to name a "reasonable" present?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)