|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
(a) Torvald will leave her.
(b) Torvald and her will be destitute.
(c) Torvald will never trust her again.
(d) Torvald will pay off the loan.
2. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
(a) to wrap Christmas presents
(b) to the nurse
(c) up to their rooms
(d) outside to play
3. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
4. How does Krogstad re-enter the house unnoticed by Nora?
(a) Krogstad picks the lock.
(b) Krogstad comes in through the kitchen.
(c) Krogstad comes in through the window.
(d) The door was left ajar.
5. What reason does Nora give for wanting Krogstad to keep his job?
(a) She says Krogstad is in dire need of money and she's afraid what might happen to his children.
(b) She says Krogstad writes for papers and could spread rumors and bad publicity.
(c) She says Krogstad is a distant relative of her father's.
(d) She says the reason is a secret, but that Torvald must take her seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Nora points out about the things she's bought?
2. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
3. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
4. What does Nora tell her children about the "stranger man"?
5. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nora's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
2. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
3. What does Torvald say an atmosphere of lies does?
4. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
5. Why is Torvald looking forward to the Christmas dinner?
6. Where is Torvald when Nora comes home, and what is its significance?
7. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
8. What distracts Nora from decorating the Christmas tree?
9. Why does Torvald ask Nora to name a "reasonable" present?
10. Why doesn't Nora talk to Torvald about her old friends?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)