|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
(b) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
(c) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
(d) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
2. What does Nora threaten to throw Krogstad out of the house for?
(a) He speaks slightingly of her husband.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He threatens the children.
(d) He attempts to take advantage of her.
3. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
4. What does Torvald like about his new job?
(a) He likes the prestige of his new position.
(b) He likes that he'll gain political power.
(c) He likes that he won't need to work hard.
(d) He likes the financial security.
5. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
(a) The signature is clearly Nora's handwriting.
(b) Nora wouldn't have had time to get the document signed.
(c) The signature is dated three days after Nora's father's death.
(d) The signature is in the wrong kind of ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
2. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
3. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
4. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
5. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora introduce her request for Torvald to let Krogstad keep his post at the bank?
2. What was Nora's attitude toward Krogstad when she first borrowed money from him?
3. What is Nora's reaction to Torvald's example?
4. How does Mrs. Linde feel, now that no one's depending on her financially anymore?
5. What is Mrs. Linde's reaction to Krogstad's entrance?
6. How does Torvald react to Nora saying his reason for firing Krogstad is narrow-minded?
7. Why does Torvald say that his wife asking him to keeps Krogstad means he could never do it?
8. What do Torvald's pet names for Nora say about his attitude towards her?
9. What is Torvald's response when Nora asks whether it's nice of her to obey her husband's wishes?
10. Why did Nora fake her father's signature?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)