|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nora answer, when Torvald asks if she understands what she has done?
(a) She says that yes, she is beginning to understand.
(b) She says that she never understood.
(c) She says that she understood from the beginning.
(d) She says that she doesn't know what it means anymore.
2. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(b) confessing to their wrongdoing
(d) running away
3. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black star
(b) a card with a black border
(c) a card with a black angel
(d) a card with a black cross
4. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
(b) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
(c) loving him above anything else
(d) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
5. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to see Torvald
(b) to see Doctor Rank
(c) to the bank
(d) to see Krogstad
6. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) No, she stays at the dance.
(b) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
(c) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
(d) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
7. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) his own inability to control her
(b) her father's lack of principles
(c) Krogstad's wiley enticements
(d) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
8. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
(a) Torvald is afraid of getting ill again.
(b) Rank doesn't want Torvald to know he is dying.
(c) Rank is ashamed for Torvald to see him sick.
(d) Torvald hates things that are ugly.
9. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a broken key
(b) a sewing needle
(c) a wire from a brush
(d) a broken hairpin
10. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
(a) his love
(b) his weakness
(c) his innocence
(d) his character
11. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
(a) that she's a bore
(b) that he admires her
(c) that she's pushy
(d) that he doesn't trust her
12. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
(a) She says it's the boy from the butcher's.
(b) She says it's a new hat for her costume.
(c) She says it's a dress she ordered.
(d) She says it's a Christmas present for Torvald.
13. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 1,000 pounds
(d) 750 pounds
14. What's the first thing Krogstad suggests Nora is considering?
(a) turning herself over to the police
(b) stealing the bond
(c) running away
(d) killing him
15. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
(a) He throws it in the stove without looking at it.
(b) He keeps it to remind him of what Nora has done.
(c) He reads it and tears it up, trampling it on the ground.
(d) He reads it and then burns it with a lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say Doctor Rank can pretend about her dancing?
2. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
3. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
4. What does Krogstad say he has in his pocket?
5. What stops Nora from leaving?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)