|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Krogstad's initial reaction to the fact that the Helmers are at a dance?
2. What stops Nora from leaving?
(a) Torvald, coming out of his study
(b) Nora's doubts about leaving her children
(c) Nora's doubts about what is in the letter
(d) the maid coming in from the kitchen
3. Who does Nora say must have been tampering with the mailbox?
(a) Mrs. Linde
(b) the maid
(c) a guest from the party
(d) the children
4. What does Nora say Doctor Rank can pretend about her dancing?
(a) that she's dancing for him
(b) that she's dancing well
(c) that she's dancing a healing ritual
(d) that she's dancing a message from God
5. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
(b) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
(c) loving him above anything else
(d) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
6. What does Doctor Rank say he's gained from his "scientific investigation"?
7. How does Nora answer, when Torvald asks if she understands what she has done?
(a) She says that she doesn't know what it means anymore.
(b) She says that she understood from the beginning.
(c) She says that yes, she is beginning to understand.
(d) She says that she never understood.
8. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
(a) running away by herself
(b) stealing the household money
(c) killing herself
(d) kidnapping the children
9. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
(a) She says it's a surprise for Doctor Rank.
(b) She says it's a present for the children.
(c) She says it's a surprise for her husband.
(d) She says it's none of the maid's business.
10. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) give her the mail to put on his desk
(b) leave the mail until the morning
(c) toss the mail into the fire
(d) read the rest of the mail
11. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 750 pounds
12. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
(a) He says he will ignore them and be damned.
(b) He says he will give in at first, but plot to remove the threat.
(c) He says he will threaten Krogstad with action for blackmail.
(d) He says he will be forced to give in to them.
13. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
(a) She says she's been doing some sewing for Nora.
(b) She says she forgot a purse last time she visited.
(c) She says she wants to loan Nora a book.
(d) She says she's waiting to see Nora's dress.
14. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
(a) give it to Torvald
(b) burn it
(c) keep it
(d) hide it in a safe place
15. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black border
(b) a card with a black cross
(c) a card with a black star
(d) a card with a black angel
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Rank about Nora's behavior?
2. What does Nora put on herself, when Torvald goes in to read the letters?
3. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
4. How does Doctor Rank respond when Nora asks what he would do if she asked him a huge favor?
5. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)