|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(b) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
(c) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
(d) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
2. What does Doctor Rank say he's gained from his "scientific investigation"?
3. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
(a) Doctor Rank hides his great anger at Nora.
(b) Doctor Rank secretly loves Nora.
(c) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is selfish.
(d) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is stupid.
4. What criticism does Torvald make of Nora's Tarantella dance at the party?
(a) He says it was too erratic.
(b) He says it was too realistic.
(c) He says it was too perfect.
(d) He says it was too slow and cautious.
5. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
(a) Torvald hates things that are ugly.
(b) Torvald is afraid of getting ill again.
(c) Rank is ashamed for Torvald to see him sick.
(d) Rank doesn't want Torvald to know he is dying.
6. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her knitting
(b) her coat
(c) her purse
(d) her gloves
7. How does Doctor Rank respond when Nora asks what he would do if she asked him a huge favor?
(a) He is offended that she wants a favor.
(b) He gets angry that she would be so selfish.
(c) He says it would make him incredibly happy.
(d) He laughs and says he knows she needs nothing.
8. Why does Nora say she refuses to show him anything else?
(a) She says she wants the rest of the costume to be a surprise.
(b) She says Doctor Rank was naughty.
(c) She says Doctor Rank is too sick.
(d) She says Doctor Rank is making fun of her.
9. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
(a) Tovald will be free.
(b) Tovald will forgive her.
(c) Torvald will be sorry.
(d) Torvald will see her love.
10. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
(a) He keeps it to remind him of what Nora has done.
(b) He reads it and tears it up, trampling it on the ground.
(c) He reads it and then burns it with a lighter.
(d) He throws it in the stove without looking at it.
11. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
(a) lace gloves
(b) a garter
(c) a silk scarf
(d) silk stockings
12. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
(a) He says he will protect her like a wounded deer saved from a hunter's arrow.
(b) He says he will protect her like a baby chick fallen from a nest.
(c) He says he will protect her like a hunted dove saved from a hawk's claws.
(d) He says he will protect her like a ground squirrel frightened by a bird of prey's shadow.
13. What does Nora do with the item of clothing "to punish" Doctor Rank?
(a) She forces him to take the clothing.
(b) She hides the clothing from him.
(c) She hits him with the clothing.
(d) She dangles the clothing in front of his eyes.
14. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) read the rest of the mail
(b) toss the mail into the fire
(c) leave the mail until the morning
(d) give her the mail to put on his desk
15. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He waits out on the street.
(b) He comes up the back stairs.
(c) He comes from the floor above.
(d) He comes through a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
2. How does Krogstad respond to the maid's message?
3. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
4. What is Krogstad's initial reaction to the fact that the Helmers are at a dance?
5. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)