|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a wire from a brush
(b) a sewing needle
(c) a broken key
(d) a broken hairpin
2. What does Nora say Doctor Rank can pretend about her dancing?
(a) that she's dancing well
(b) that she's dancing for him
(c) that she's dancing a message from God
(d) that she's dancing a healing ritual
3. Who does Nora say must have been tampering with the mailbox?
(a) a guest from the party
(b) the maid
(c) the children
(d) Mrs. Linde
4. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
(a) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is stupid.
(b) Doctor Rank hides his great anger at Nora.
(c) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is selfish.
(d) Doctor Rank secretly loves Nora.
5. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
(a) Tovald will be free.
(b) Torvald will see her love.
(c) Torvald will be sorry.
(d) Tovald will forgive her.
6. What stops Nora from leaving?
(a) Torvald, coming out of his study
(b) the maid coming in from the kitchen
(c) Nora's doubts about what is in the letter
(d) Nora's doubts about leaving her children
7. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He waits out on the street.
(b) He comes through a window.
(c) He comes from the floor above.
(d) He comes up the back stairs.
8. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
(a) He says Mrs. Linde will take his place as the Helmers' friend.
(b) He says Mrs. Linde will be in all the newspapers.
(c) He says Mrs. Linde will take over his position in the town.
(d) He says Mrs. Linde will take all the attention away from his death.
9. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
(a) to completely sever their relationship
(b) because her husband forced her to
(c) to see if he would still chase her
(d) to tell him the bitter truth
10. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
(a) lace gloves
(b) silk stockings
(c) a silk scarf
(d) a garter
11. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
(a) a beautiful lie
(b) a mockery of law
(c) a song by a little bird
(d) a silly excuse
12. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
(a) kidnapping the children
(b) stealing the household money
(c) running away by herself
(d) killing herself
13. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
(a) She says it's none of the maid's business.
(b) She says it's a present for the children.
(c) She says it's a surprise for her husband.
(d) She says it's a surprise for Doctor Rank.
14. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears a toast.
(b) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
(c) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
(d) She hears the clock strike midnight.
15. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
(a) a gambler out of money
(b) a recluse in a cave
(c) a shipwrecked man
(d) a condemned prisoner
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
2. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
3. How does Krogstad respond to the maid's message?
4. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
5. What does Nora ask Krogstad to think of, to beg him for mercy?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)