|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What criticism does Torvald make of Nora's Tarantella dance at the party?
(a) He says it was too perfect.
(b) He says it was too realistic.
(c) He says it was too erratic.
(d) He says it was too slow and cautious.
2. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) five years
(b) one year
(c) six months
(d) one month
3. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(a) 750 pounds
(c) 1,000 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
4. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
(a) The door is locked.
(b) Doctor Rank trips him.
(c) Doctor Rank stops him.
(d) Nora goes out to him.
5. Why does Nora say she refuses to show him anything else?
(a) She says Doctor Rank is too sick.
(b) She says she wants the rest of the costume to be a surprise.
(c) She says Doctor Rank was naughty.
(d) She says Doctor Rank is making fun of her.
6. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(a) running away
(d) confessing to their wrongdoing
7. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
(a) miserable creature
(b) little lark
(c) monstrous crow
(d) little squirrel
8. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
(a) a gambler out of money
(b) a condemned prisoner
(c) a shipwrecked man
(d) a recluse in a cave
9. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
(b) She hears a toast.
(c) She hears the clock strike midnight.
(d) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
10. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
(a) lace gloves
(b) a garter
(c) silk stockings
(d) a silk scarf
11. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a broken key
(b) a broken hairpin
(c) a sewing needle
(d) a wire from a brush
12. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) stop Torvald from getting the mail
(b) confess to Torvald
(c) take Torvald out of the house
(d) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
13. What is Nora's reaction when Doctor Rank tells her his feelings?
(a) She is upset but pretends to be happy.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She begins to cry.
14. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) his own inability to control her
(b) her father's lack of principles
(c) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
(d) Krogstad's wiley enticements
15. What happens while Nora is dancing?
(a) Her shawl flies off.
(b) Her shoe breaks.
(c) Her hair comes down.
(d) She trips and falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
2. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
3. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
4. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
5. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)