|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(b) 1,000 pounds
(c) 750 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
2. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
(a) that he admires her
(b) that he doesn't trust her
(c) that she's pushy
(d) that she's a bore
3. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a broken key
(b) a sewing needle
(c) a wire from a brush
(d) a broken hairpin
4. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) his own inability to control her
(b) Krogstad's wiley enticements
(c) her father's lack of principles
(d) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
5. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
(a) so Torvald will be nearby
(b) so he doesn't know where she lives
(c) so Nora will be nearby
(d) to have privacy
6. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
(a) send Nora a present
(b) apologize to Mrs. Linde
(c) leave forever
(d) explain to Torvald what has happened
7. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
(a) She says she doesn't know what it says.
(b) She says she knows what it says and it's true.
(c) She says she wrote the letter herself.
(d) She says the letter is full of lies.
8. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) No, she stays at the dance.
(b) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
(c) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
(d) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
9. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black star
(b) a card with a black cross
(c) a card with a black angel
(d) a card with a black border
10. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
(a) He says Mrs. Linde will take over his position in the town.
(b) He says Mrs. Linde will take all the attention away from his death.
(c) He says Mrs. Linde will take his place as the Helmers' friend.
(d) He says Mrs. Linde will be in all the newspapers.
11. What reason does Mrs. Linde give Krogstad for her coming to town?
(a) to be with him
(b) to flee her home life
(c) to find a better apartment
(d) to find a better job
12. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a book
(b) a hat
(c) a cigar
(d) a nightcap
13. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears a toast.
(b) She hears the clock strike midnight.
(c) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
(d) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
14. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
(a) the police
(b) the newspapers
(d) the bank officers
15. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
(a) to tell him the bitter truth
(b) to see if he would still chase her
(c) because her husband forced her to
(d) to completely sever their relationship
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rank say Nora and Torvald will respond to his death?
2. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
3. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
4. How does Nora answer, when Torvald asks if she understands what she has done?
5. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)