|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
(a) She says it's a present for the children.
(b) She says it's a surprise for Doctor Rank.
(c) She says it's none of the maid's business.
(d) She says it's a surprise for her husband.
2. What is Krogstad's initial reaction to the fact that the Helmers are at a dance?
3. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
(a) Yes, but Krogstad would have demanded more than the value of the bond.
(b) No, Krogstad would never have given up the bond.
(c) No, Doctor Rank would never have given Nora the money.
(d) Yes, Krogstad won't tell Torvald if Nora is prepared to pay off the bond.
4. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) loving him above anything else
(b) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
(c) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
(d) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
5. What happens while Nora is dancing?
(a) Her shawl flies off.
(b) Her shoe breaks.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) Her hair comes down.
6. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
(a) cleaning around the house
(b) trying to read a book
(d) making tea
7. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) give her the mail to put on his desk
(b) toss the mail into the fire
(c) leave the mail until the morning
(d) read the rest of the mail
8. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(b) 750 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
9. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears the clock strike midnight.
(b) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
(c) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
(d) She hears a toast.
10. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a cigar
(b) a book
(c) a nightcap
(d) a hat
11. Why did Nora like talking to the maids when she lived at her father's house?
(a) They didn't moralize.
(b) They understood what it was like to be a woman.
(c) They sang songs and told stories.
(d) They knew lots of secrets.
12. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
(a) leave forever
(b) apologize to Mrs. Linde
(c) send Nora a present
(d) explain to Torvald what has happened
13. How does Rank say Nora and Torvald will respond to his death?
(a) He says they will mourn for a long time.
(b) He says they will be sad for three seasons.
(c) He says they will soon forget him.
(d) He says they will dance on his grave.
14. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
(a) give it to Torvald
(b) keep it
(c) burn it
(d) hide it in a safe place
15. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) two years
(b) a year
(c) a year and a half
(d) six months
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
2. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
3. How does Doctor Rank respond when Nora asks what he would do if she asked him a huge favor?
4. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
5. What does Nora do with the item of clothing "to punish" Doctor Rank?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)