|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nora like talking to the maids when she lived at her father's house?
(a) They knew lots of secrets.
(b) They didn't moralize.
(c) They understood what it was like to be a woman.
(d) They sang songs and told stories.
2. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
(a) He says he will protect her like a wounded deer saved from a hunter's arrow.
(b) He says he will protect her like a hunted dove saved from a hawk's claws.
(c) He says he will protect her like a ground squirrel frightened by a bird of prey's shadow.
(d) He says he will protect her like a baby chick fallen from a nest.
3. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
(a) that Nora refuses to see him
(b) that they will call the police if he doesn't leave
(c) that no one is home
(d) that no one is allowed in on Christmas day
4. What evidence does Doctor Rank believe supports his jealousy?
(a) Mrs. Linde is Nora's childhood friend.
(b) Mrs. Linde was critical of Doctor Rank.
(c) Mrs. Linde is in the house as he's speaking.
(d) Mrs. Linde has gotten a job at the bank.
5. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a wire from a brush
(b) a sewing needle
(c) a broken key
(d) a broken hairpin
6. What final doubt does Krogstad have about Mrs. Linde?
(a) He thinks she may be using him because she's lonely.
(b) He thinks she may be using him to get money.
(c) He thinks she may be sacrificing herself to save Nora.
(d) He thinks she may want to be a mother more than she wants to be a wife.
7. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to the bank
(b) to see Doctor Rank
(c) to see Krogstad
(d) to see Torvald
8. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He comes from the floor above.
(b) He waits out on the street.
(c) He comes up the back stairs.
(d) He comes through a window.
9. Why does Nora say she refuses to show him anything else?
(a) She says Doctor Rank is too sick.
(b) She says Doctor Rank is making fun of her.
(c) She says Doctor Rank was naughty.
(d) She says she wants the rest of the costume to be a surprise.
10. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) six months
(b) a year and a half
(c) a year
(d) two years
11. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
(a) making tea
(c) trying to read a book
(d) cleaning around the house
12. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
(a) Tovald will forgive her.
(b) Torvald will see her love.
(c) Torvald will be sorry.
(d) Tovald will be free.
13. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
(a) explain to Torvald what has happened
(b) leave forever
(c) apologize to Mrs. Linde
(d) send Nora a present
14. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
(b) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
(c) She hears the clock strike midnight.
(d) She hears a toast.
15. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
(a) in the letter box
(b) on the table
(c) in his billfold
(d) in the fire
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
2. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
3. What's the first thing Krogstad suggests Nora is considering?
4. What does Nora say Doctor Rank can pretend about her dancing?
5. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)