|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black angel
(b) a card with a black cross
(c) a card with a black border
(d) a card with a black star
2. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a book
(b) a cigar
(c) a nightcap
(d) a hat
3. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
(a) Doctor Rank stops him.
(b) Doctor Rank trips him.
(c) The door is locked.
(d) Nora goes out to him.
4. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
(a) a beautiful lie
(b) a song by a little bird
(c) a mockery of law
(d) a silly excuse
5. What does Nora ask Krogstad to think of, to beg him for mercy?
(a) her reputation
(b) her children
(c) her husband
(d) her feelings
6. What does Nora put on herself, when Torvald goes in to read the letters?
(a) Torvald's domino costume
(b) her Italian shawl
(c) her heavy cloak
(d) Mrs. Linde's old coat
7. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
(a) She says it's a present for the children.
(b) She says it's a surprise for Doctor Rank.
(c) She says it's none of the maid's business.
(d) She says it's a surprise for her husband.
8. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) her father's lack of principles
(b) his own inability to control her
(c) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
(d) Krogstad's wiley enticements
9. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
(a) that she's a bore
(b) that he doesn't trust her
(c) that he admires her
(d) that she's pushy
10. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
(a) apologize to Mrs. Linde
(b) explain to Torvald what has happened
(c) send Nora a present
(d) leave forever
11. Why does Nora say she refuses to show him anything else?
(a) She says Doctor Rank is too sick.
(b) She says she wants the rest of the costume to be a surprise.
(c) She says Doctor Rank was naughty.
(d) She says Doctor Rank is making fun of her.
12. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a sewing needle
(b) a wire from a brush
(c) a broken key
(d) a broken hairpin
13. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her coat
(b) her gloves
(c) her knitting
(d) her purse
14. How does Rank say Nora and Torvald will respond to his death?
(a) He says they will be sad for three seasons.
(b) He says they will mourn for a long time.
(c) He says they will soon forget him.
(d) He says they will dance on his grave.
15. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
(a) No, Doctor Rank would never have given Nora the money.
(b) Yes, Krogstad won't tell Torvald if Nora is prepared to pay off the bond.
(c) No, Krogstad would never have given up the bond.
(d) Yes, but Krogstad would have demanded more than the value of the bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Nora is dancing?
2. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
3. How does Nora answer, when Torvald asks if she understands what she has done?
4. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
5. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)