|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rank say Nora and Torvald will respond to his death?
(a) He says they will soon forget him.
(b) He says they will be sad for three seasons.
(c) He says they will dance on his grave.
(d) He says they will mourn for a long time.
2. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
(a) apologize to Mrs. Linde
(b) explain to Torvald what has happened
(c) leave forever
(d) send Nora a present
3. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) take Torvald out of the house
(b) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(c) confess to Torvald
(d) stop Torvald from getting the mail
4. How does Krogstad respond to the maid's message?
(a) He promises to come back with the police.
(b) He goes away but keeps returning.
(c) He storms into the house and goes straight to Torvald's study.
(d) He doesn't believe it and refuses to leave.
5. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
(a) making tea
(b) cleaning around the house
(d) trying to read a book
6. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
(a) Torvald hates things that are ugly.
(b) Rank doesn't want Torvald to know he is dying.
(c) Rank is ashamed for Torvald to see him sick.
(d) Torvald is afraid of getting ill again.
7. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
(a) so he doesn't know where she lives
(b) so Torvald will be nearby
(c) so Nora will be nearby
(d) to have privacy
8. What does Krogstad think of Mrs. Linde?
(a) that she is generous and kind
(b) that she is too good for him
(c) that she is plotting and manipulative
(d) that she is heartless
9. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
(b) She doesn't know what they mean.
(c) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
(d) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
10. What evidence does Doctor Rank believe supports his jealousy?
(a) Mrs. Linde has gotten a job at the bank.
(b) Mrs. Linde is Nora's childhood friend.
(c) Mrs. Linde is in the house as he's speaking.
(d) Mrs. Linde was critical of Doctor Rank.
11. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a cigar
(b) a hat
(c) a nightcap
(d) a book
12. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
(a) He says he will be forced to give in to them.
(b) He says he will ignore them and be damned.
(c) He says he will give in at first, but plot to remove the threat.
(d) He says he will threaten Krogstad with action for blackmail.
13. What is Nora's reaction when Doctor Rank tells her his feelings?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is upset but pretends to be happy.
14. What does Doctor Rank say he's gained from his "scientific investigation"?
15. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) one month
(b) one year
(c) six months
(d) five years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora ask Krogstad to think of, to beg him for mercy?
2. What does Krogstad say he has in his pocket?
3. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
4. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
5. What final doubt does Krogstad have about Mrs. Linde?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)