|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a broken key
(b) a wire from a brush
(c) a sewing needle
(d) a broken hairpin
2. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
(a) She says she's waiting to see Nora's dress.
(b) She says she forgot a purse last time she visited.
(c) She says she wants to loan Nora a book.
(d) She says she's been doing some sewing for Nora.
3. What is Krogstad's initial reaction to the fact that the Helmers are at a dance?
4. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
(b) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
(c) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
(d) No, she stays at the dance.
5. Who does Nora say must have been tampering with the mailbox?
(a) Mrs. Linde
(b) a guest from the party
(c) the maid
(d) the children
6. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
(a) apologize to Mrs. Linde
(b) send Nora a present
(c) leave forever
(d) explain to Torvald what has happened
7. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) read the rest of the mail
(b) toss the mail into the fire
(c) give her the mail to put on his desk
(d) leave the mail until the morning
8. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
(a) kidnapping the children
(b) running away by herself
(c) stealing the household money
(d) killing herself
9. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a nightcap
(b) a cigar
(c) a hat
(d) a book
10. What is Nora's reaction when Doctor Rank tells her his feelings?
(a) She is upset but pretends to be happy.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is angry.
11. What criticism does Torvald make of Nora's Tarantella dance at the party?
(a) He says it was too slow and cautious.
(b) He says it was too erratic.
(c) He says it was too perfect.
(d) He says it was too realistic.
12. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(b) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
(c) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
(d) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
13. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black angel
(b) a card with a black cross
(c) a card with a black border
(d) a card with a black star
14. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(a) confessing to their wrongdoing
(d) running away
15. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) a year and a half
(b) two years
(c) a year
(d) six months
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
2. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
3. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
4. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
5. What happens while Nora is dancing?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)