|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) a year
(b) six months
(c) a year and a half
(d) two years
2. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
(a) to tell him the bitter truth
(b) because her husband forced her to
(c) to see if he would still chase her
(d) to completely sever their relationship
3. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black cross
(b) a card with a black angel
(c) a card with a black border
(d) a card with a black star
4. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
(b) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
(c) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
(d) loving him above anything else
5. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
(a) making tea
(b) cleaning around the house
(c) trying to read a book
6. Why did Nora like talking to the maids when she lived at her father's house?
(a) They knew lots of secrets.
(b) They sang songs and told stories.
(c) They didn't moralize.
(d) They understood what it was like to be a woman.
7. What reason does Mrs. Linde give Krogstad for her coming to town?
(a) to be with him
(b) to find a better job
(c) to find a better apartment
(d) to flee her home life
8. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
(a) kidnapping the children
(b) running away by herself
(c) stealing the household money
(d) killing herself
9. What stops Nora from leaving?
(a) the maid coming in from the kitchen
(b) Nora's doubts about leaving her children
(c) Torvald, coming out of his study
(d) Nora's doubts about what is in the letter
10. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
(a) his character
(b) his love
(c) his innocence
(d) his weakness
11. What does Krogstad think of Mrs. Linde?
(a) that she is plotting and manipulative
(b) that she is too good for him
(c) that she is generous and kind
(d) that she is heartless
12. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) take Torvald out of the house
(b) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(c) stop Torvald from getting the mail
(d) confess to Torvald
13. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
(a) that no one is home
(b) that no one is allowed in on Christmas day
(c) that Nora refuses to see him
(d) that they will call the police if he doesn't leave
14. What final doubt does Krogstad have about Mrs. Linde?
(a) He thinks she may be using him to get money.
(b) He thinks she may be sacrificing herself to save Nora.
(c) He thinks she may be using him because she's lonely.
(d) He thinks she may want to be a mother more than she wants to be a wife.
15. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a broken key
(b) a broken hairpin
(c) a sewing needle
(d) a wire from a brush
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
2. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
3. What evidence does Doctor Rank believe supports his jealousy?
4. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
5. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)