|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
(a) Yes, Krogstad won't tell Torvald if Nora is prepared to pay off the bond.
(b) No, Doctor Rank would never have given Nora the money.
(c) Yes, but Krogstad would have demanded more than the value of the bond.
(d) No, Krogstad would never have given up the bond.
2. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) a year and a half
(b) two years
(c) six months
(d) a year
3. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
(a) that he doesn't trust her
(b) that she's pushy
(c) that she's a bore
(d) that he admires her
4. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(b) confess to Torvald
(c) stop Torvald from getting the mail
(d) take Torvald out of the house
5. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
(a) She says she wants to loan Nora a book.
(b) She says she forgot a purse last time she visited.
(c) She says she's waiting to see Nora's dress.
(d) She says she's been doing some sewing for Nora.
6. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
(a) so Nora will be nearby
(b) so he doesn't know where she lives
(c) to have privacy
(d) so Torvald will be nearby
7. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
(a) Torvald will be sorry.
(b) Tovald will forgive her.
(c) Torvald will see her love.
(d) Tovald will be free.
8. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a broken key
(b) a sewing needle
(c) a broken hairpin
(d) a wire from a brush
9. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
(a) the bank officers
(b) the newspapers
(d) the police
10. What does Nora do with the item of clothing "to punish" Doctor Rank?
(a) She hits him with the clothing.
(b) She forces him to take the clothing.
(c) She hides the clothing from him.
(d) She dangles the clothing in front of his eyes.
11. What does Doctor Rank say he's gained from his "scientific investigation"?
12. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(b) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
(c) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
(d) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
13. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
(a) a mockery of law
(b) a beautiful lie
(c) a silly excuse
(d) a song by a little bird
14. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
(a) miserable creature
(b) monstrous crow
(c) little lark
(d) little squirrel
15. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her knitting
(b) her gloves
(c) her purse
(d) her coat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
2. Why did Nora like talking to the maids when she lived at her father's house?
3. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
4. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
5. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)