|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
(a) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is selfish.
(b) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is stupid.
(c) Doctor Rank hides his great anger at Nora.
(d) Doctor Rank secretly loves Nora.
2. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a book
(b) a nightcap
(c) a cigar
(d) a hat
3. How was Nora's dance received by the guests at the party?
(a) The guests were embarrassed by her dance.
(b) The guests enjoyed her dance.
(c) The guests were angered and asked her to leave.
(d) The guests were offended and started to leave.
4. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
(b) loving him above anything else
(c) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
(d) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
5. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(a) 500 pounds
(c) 1,000 pounds
(d) 750 pounds
6. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
(a) He says he will protect her like a ground squirrel frightened by a bird of prey's shadow.
(b) He says he will protect her like a hunted dove saved from a hawk's claws.
(c) He says he will protect her like a baby chick fallen from a nest.
(d) He says he will protect her like a wounded deer saved from a hunter's arrow.
7. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
(a) She says it's a new hat for her costume.
(b) She says it's a dress she ordered.
(c) She says it's the boy from the butcher's.
(d) She says it's a Christmas present for Torvald.
8. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
(a) a silly excuse
(b) a song by a little bird
(c) a mockery of law
(d) a beautiful lie
9. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
(b) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
(c) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
(d) No, she stays at the dance.
10. What does Krogstad think of Mrs. Linde?
(a) that she is generous and kind
(b) that she is too good for him
(c) that she is heartless
(d) that she is plotting and manipulative
11. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
(a) to have privacy
(b) so he doesn't know where she lives
(c) so Nora will be nearby
(d) so Torvald will be nearby
12. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
(b) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
(c) She doesn't know what they mean.
(d) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
13. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(a) running away
(c) confessing to their wrongdoing
14. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears a toast.
(b) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
(c) She hears the clock strike midnight.
(d) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
15. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a broken key
(b) a wire from a brush
(c) a sewing needle
(d) a broken hairpin
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
2. What does Nora ask Krogstad to think of, to beg him for mercy?
3. What stops Nora from leaving?
4. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
5. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)