|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nora say must have been tampering with the mailbox?
(a) the maid
(b) a guest from the party
(c) the children
(d) Mrs. Linde
2. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a nightcap
(b) a hat
(c) a cigar
(d) a book
3. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
(a) a shipwrecked man
(b) a gambler out of money
(c) a condemned prisoner
(d) a recluse in a cave
4. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
(a) He says Mrs. Linde will take all the attention away from his death.
(b) He says Mrs. Linde will take over his position in the town.
(c) He says Mrs. Linde will be in all the newspapers.
(d) He says Mrs. Linde will take his place as the Helmers' friend.
5. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
(b) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
(c) She doesn't know what they mean.
(d) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
6. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
(b) No, she stays at the dance.
(c) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
(d) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
7. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
(a) the police
(b) the bank officers
(d) the newspapers
8. What confuses Rank about Nora's behavior?
(a) Nora is always kind, even when she doesn't mean it.
(b) Nora seems to enjoy being with him more than with Torvald.
(c) Nora is always upset at the slightest, most insignificant thing.
(d) Nora never makes a joke with Torvald around.
9. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
(a) that she's a bore
(b) that she's pushy
(c) that he doesn't trust her
(d) that he admires her
10. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) confess to Torvald
(b) stop Torvald from getting the mail
(c) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(d) take Torvald out of the house
11. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
(a) in his billfold
(b) on the table
(c) in the letter box
(d) in the fire
12. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
(a) killing herself
(b) stealing the household money
(c) running away by herself
(d) kidnapping the children
13. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
(a) a silly excuse
(b) a song by a little bird
(c) a mockery of law
(d) a beautiful lie
14. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
(a) He reads it and tears it up, trampling it on the ground.
(b) He keeps it to remind him of what Nora has done.
(c) He reads it and then burns it with a lighter.
(d) He throws it in the stove without looking at it.
15. What final doubt does Krogstad have about Mrs. Linde?
(a) He thinks she may be using him to get money.
(b) He thinks she may be using him because she's lonely.
(c) He thinks she may be sacrificing herself to save Nora.
(d) He thinks she may want to be a mother more than she wants to be a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
2. What does Krogstad say he has in his pocket?
3. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
4. What stops Nora from leaving?
5. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)