|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
(a) that no one is home
(b) that no one is allowed in on Christmas day
(c) that Nora refuses to see him
(d) that they will call the police if he doesn't leave
2. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) toss the mail into the fire
(b) leave the mail until the morning
(c) give her the mail to put on his desk
(d) read the rest of the mail
3. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He comes from the floor above.
(b) He waits out on the street.
(c) He comes through a window.
(d) He comes up the back stairs.
4. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a nightcap
(b) a book
(c) a hat
(d) a cigar
5. Who does Nora say must have been tampering with the mailbox?
(a) the maid
(b) Mrs. Linde
(c) a guest from the party
(d) the children
6. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
(b) loving him above anything else
(c) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
(d) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
7. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) his own inability to control her
(b) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
(c) Krogstad's wiley enticements
(d) her father's lack of principles
8. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
(a) Torvald will be sorry.
(b) Tovald will forgive her.
(c) Tovald will be free.
(d) Torvald will see her love.
9. What does Nora put on herself, when Torvald goes in to read the letters?
(a) Torvald's domino costume
(b) her heavy cloak
(c) her Italian shawl
(d) Mrs. Linde's old coat
10. How does Doctor Rank respond when Nora asks what he would do if she asked him a huge favor?
(a) He is offended that she wants a favor.
(b) He laughs and says he knows she needs nothing.
(c) He gets angry that she would be so selfish.
(d) He says it would make him incredibly happy.
11. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) five years
(b) six months
(c) one month
(d) one year
12. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
(a) burn it
(b) keep it
(c) hide it in a safe place
(d) give it to Torvald
13. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
(a) He says Mrs. Linde will take his place as the Helmers' friend.
(b) He says Mrs. Linde will be in all the newspapers.
(c) He says Mrs. Linde will take all the attention away from his death.
(d) He says Mrs. Linde will take over his position in the town.
14. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
(a) She says she knows what it says and it's true.
(b) She says the letter is full of lies.
(c) She says she wrote the letter herself.
(d) She says she doesn't know what it says.
15. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
(a) the newspapers
(b) the bank officers
(d) the police
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
2. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
3. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
4. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
5. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)