|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
(a) that no one is home
(b) that they will call the police if he doesn't leave
(c) that Nora refuses to see him
(d) that no one is allowed in on Christmas day
2. What reason does Nora give the maid to keep Krogstad's visit secret?
(a) She says it's a surprise for Doctor Rank.
(b) She says it's a surprise for her husband.
(c) She says it's a present for the children.
(d) She says it's none of the maid's business.
3. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(c) confessing to their wrongdoing
(d) running away
4. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
(b) stop Torvald from getting the mail
(c) confess to Torvald
(d) take Torvald out of the house
5. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
(a) She says it's the boy from the butcher's.
(b) She says it's a Christmas present for Torvald.
(c) She says it's a dress she ordered.
(d) She says it's a new hat for her costume.
6. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a nightcap
(b) a cigar
(c) a hat
(d) a book
7. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
(b) the newspapers
(c) the bank officers
(d) the police
8. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
(a) Nora goes out to him.
(b) Doctor Rank stops him.
(c) The door is locked.
(d) Doctor Rank trips him.
9. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
(a) that he admires her
(b) that she's a bore
(c) that he doesn't trust her
(d) that she's pushy
10. How does Torvald say he will deal with Krogstad's demands?
(a) He says he will threaten Krogstad with action for blackmail.
(b) He says he will ignore them and be damned.
(c) He says he will be forced to give in to them.
(d) He says he will give in at first, but plot to remove the threat.
11. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
(a) She says she's been doing some sewing for Nora.
(b) She says she wants to loan Nora a book.
(c) She says she forgot a purse last time she visited.
(d) She says she's waiting to see Nora's dress.
12. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to see Torvald
(b) to see Doctor Rank
(c) to see Krogstad
(d) to the bank
13. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) She doesn't know what they mean.
(b) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
(c) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
(d) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
14. What reason does Mrs. Linde give Krogstad for her coming to town?
(a) to find a better job
(b) to find a better apartment
(c) to flee her home life
(d) to be with him
15. What does Doctor Rank say he's gained from his "scientific investigation"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's reaction when Doctor Rank tells her his feelings?
2. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
3. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
4. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
5. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)