|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mrs. Linde give Krogstad for her coming to town?
(a) to be with him
(b) to find a better apartment
(c) to find a better job
(d) to flee her home life
2. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
(a) being a gambler
(b) being too prideful
(c) being too fond of food and drink
(d) being too generous with his money
3. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
(a) that he admires her
(b) that she's pushy
(c) that he doesn't trust her
(d) that she's a bore
4. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) his own inability to control her
(b) her father's lack of principles
(c) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
(d) Krogstad's wiley enticements
5. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
(a) monstrous crow
(b) little squirrel
(c) miserable creature
(d) little lark
6. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
(b) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
(c) loving him above anything else
(d) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
7. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
(a) stealing the household money
(b) running away by herself
(c) killing herself
(d) kidnapping the children
8. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears the clock strike midnight.
(b) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
(c) She hears a toast.
(d) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
9. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
(a) Doctor Rank trips him.
(b) The door is locked.
(c) Doctor Rank stops him.
(d) Nora goes out to him.
10. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
(a) stop Torvald from getting the mail
(b) confess to Torvald
(c) take Torvald out of the house
(d) bring Torvald to Krogstad's house
11. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(b) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
(c) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
(d) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
12. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
(a) in the fire
(b) on the table
(c) in his billfold
(d) in the letter box
13. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
(a) He says Mrs. Linde will be in all the newspapers.
(b) He says Mrs. Linde will take over his position in the town.
(c) He says Mrs. Linde will take all the attention away from his death.
(d) He says Mrs. Linde will take his place as the Helmers' friend.
14. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her coat
(b) her purse
(c) her knitting
(d) her gloves
15. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
(a) burn it
(b) keep it
(c) hide it in a safe place
(d) give it to Torvald
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
2. What stops Nora from leaving?
3. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
4. How was Nora's dance received by the guests at the party?
5. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)