Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
(a) He says he will protect her like a baby chick fallen from a nest.
(b) He says he will protect her like a ground squirrel frightened by a bird of prey's shadow.
(c) He says he will protect her like a hunted dove saved from a hawk's claws.
(d) He says he will protect her like a wounded deer saved from a hunter's arrow.
2. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to the bank
(b) to see Krogstad
(c) to see Doctor Rank
(d) to see Torvald
3. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
(a) in his billfold
(b) in the fire
(c) in the letter box
(d) on the table
4. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) a year
(b) two years
(c) six months
(d) a year and a half
5. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
(a) being too generous with his money
(b) being a gambler
(c) being too prideful
(d) being too fond of food and drink
6. What criticism does Torvald make of Nora's Tarantella dance at the party?
(a) He says it was too slow and cautious.
(b) He says it was too realistic.
(c) He says it was too perfect.
(d) He says it was too erratic.
7. What does Mrs. Linde say was her reason for sending Krogstad a harsh break-up letter?
(a) to tell him the bitter truth
(b) to see if he would still chase her
(c) because her husband forced her to
(d) to completely sever their relationship
8. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(a) 750 pounds
(b) 1,000 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
9. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
(a) making tea
(c) trying to read a book
(d) cleaning around the house
10. What does Nora initially tell Torvald is her reason for her wrongdoing?
(a) acting selfishly because she couldn't lose him
(b) not knowing what she was doing could be considered wrong
(c) saving the children from being fatherless and penniless
(d) loving him above anything else
11. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
(b) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
(c) She hears a toast.
(d) She hears the clock strike midnight.
12. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
(a) Doctor Rank secretly loves Nora.
(b) Doctor Rank hides his great anger at Nora.
(c) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is selfish.
(d) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is stupid.
13. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
(b) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
(c) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
(d) She doesn't know what they mean.
14. What does Nora say Doctor Rank can pretend about her dancing?
(a) that she's dancing well
(b) that she's dancing a healing ritual
(c) that she's dancing for him
(d) that she's dancing a message from God
15. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(a) confessing to their wrongdoing
(b) running away
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
2. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
3. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
4. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
5. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)