|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nora say must have been tampering with the mailbox?
(a) the maid
(b) a guest from the party
(c) Mrs. Linde
(d) the children
2. What stops Nora from leaving?
(a) Nora's doubts about what is in the letter
(b) Nora's doubts about leaving her children
(c) the maid coming in from the kitchen
(d) Torvald, coming out of his study
3. What does Nora put on herself, when Torvald goes in to read the letters?
(a) Torvald's domino costume
(b) her Italian shawl
(c) Mrs. Linde's old coat
(d) her heavy cloak
4. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
(b) her father's lack of principles
(c) his own inability to control her
(d) Krogstad's wiley enticements
5. How was Nora's dance received by the guests at the party?
(a) The guests were embarrassed by her dance.
(b) The guests were angered and asked her to leave.
(c) The guests enjoyed her dance.
(d) The guests were offended and started to leave.
6. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
(a) She says she knows what it says and it's true.
(b) She says she doesn't know what it says.
(c) She says she wrote the letter herself.
(d) She says the letter is full of lies.
7. Does Nora want to come home from the dance after the Tarantella?
(a) No, she stays at the dance.
(b) No, but Torvald drags her downstairs.
(c) Yes, she and Torvald leave together.
(d) Yes, she runs home without Torvald.
8. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
(a) She says it's a Christmas present for Torvald.
(b) She says it's a new hat for her costume.
(c) She says it's a dress she ordered.
(d) She says it's the boy from the butcher's.
9. How does Krogstad respond to the maid's message?
(a) He goes away but keeps returning.
(b) He doesn't believe it and refuses to leave.
(c) He promises to come back with the police.
(d) He storms into the house and goes straight to Torvald's study.
10. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) give her the mail to put on his desk
(b) toss the mail into the fire
(c) read the rest of the mail
(d) leave the mail until the morning
11. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) a year
(b) two years
(c) a year and a half
(d) six months
12. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
(a) Nora goes out to him.
(b) Doctor Rank trips him.
(c) Doctor Rank stops him.
(d) The door is locked.
13. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(b) 500 pounds
(c) 750 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
14. What's the first thing Krogstad suggests Nora is considering?
(a) running away
(b) stealing the bond
(c) killing him
(d) turning herself over to the police
15. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
(a) No, Doctor Rank would never have given Nora the money.
(b) Yes, Krogstad won't tell Torvald if Nora is prepared to pay off the bond.
(c) Yes, but Krogstad would have demanded more than the value of the bond.
(d) No, Krogstad would never have given up the bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
2. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
3. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
4. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
5. What does Nora say will happen when she's "out of the way"?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)