|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
(a) kidnapping the children
(b) running away by herself
(c) killing herself
(d) stealing the household money
2. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
(a) that he doesn't trust her
(b) that she's a bore
(c) that she's pushy
(d) that he admires her
3. What sign tells Mrs. Linde that the Helmers will be returning soon?
(a) She hears the Tarantella upstairs.
(b) She hears a toast.
(c) She hears the clock strike midnight.
(d) She sees a light in the upstairs window.
4. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her knitting
(b) her purse
(c) her gloves
(d) her coat
5. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) five years
(b) six months
(c) one month
(d) one year
6. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
(a) being too prideful
(b) being too fond of food and drink
(c) being too generous with his money
(d) being a gambler
7. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
(a) monstrous crow
(b) miserable creature
(c) little squirrel
(d) little lark
8. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) read the rest of the mail
(b) toss the mail into the fire
(c) give her the mail to put on his desk
(d) leave the mail until the morning
9. What evidence does Doctor Rank believe supports his jealousy?
(a) Mrs. Linde has gotten a job at the bank.
(b) Mrs. Linde is Nora's childhood friend.
(c) Mrs. Linde is in the house as he's speaking.
(d) Mrs. Linde was critical of Doctor Rank.
10. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
(b) trying to read a book
(c) cleaning around the house
(d) making tea
11. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
(a) a silk scarf
(b) silk stockings
(c) lace gloves
(d) a garter
12. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a cigar
(b) a nightcap
(c) a book
(d) a hat
13. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
(a) Doctor Rank hides his great anger at Nora.
(b) Doctor Rank secretly loves Nora.
(c) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is stupid.
(d) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is selfish.
14. What confuses Rank about Nora's behavior?
(a) Nora is always kind, even when she doesn't mean it.
(b) Nora is always upset at the slightest, most insignificant thing.
(c) Nora seems to enjoy being with him more than with Torvald.
(d) Nora never makes a joke with Torvald around.
15. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He comes from the floor above.
(b) He comes through a window.
(c) He comes up the back stairs.
(d) He waits out on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
2. What final doubt does Krogstad have about Mrs. Linde?
3. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
4. What does Torvald do with the bond when he receives it?
5. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)