|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her purse
(b) her coat
(c) her gloves
(d) her knitting
2. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) one month
(b) one year
(c) six months
(d) five years
3. What does Krogstad say he has in his pocket?
(a) the bond
(b) a confession to his own forgery
(c) a letter for Torvald
(d) a letter that will clear her of wrongdoing
4. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a wire from a brush
(b) a broken key
(c) a broken hairpin
(d) a sewing needle
5. What stops Nora from leaving?
(a) Nora's doubts about what is in the letter
(b) Torvald, coming out of his study
(c) Nora's doubts about leaving her children
(d) the maid coming in from the kitchen
6. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
(a) keep it
(b) give it to Torvald
(c) hide it in a safe place
(d) burn it
7. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
(a) the police
(b) the bank officers
(c) the newspapers
8. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) a year and a half
(b) six months
(c) two years
(d) a year
9. How does Krogstad come to Nora's house, so that he's not seen?
(a) He comes through a window.
(b) He comes up the back stairs.
(c) He comes from the floor above.
(d) He waits out on the street.
10. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) toss the mail into the fire
(b) read the rest of the mail
(c) leave the mail until the morning
(d) give her the mail to put on his desk
11. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
(a) his love
(b) his character
(c) his weakness
(d) his innocence
12. What does Doctor Rank offer to do?
(a) apologize to Mrs. Linde
(b) leave forever
(c) explain to Torvald what has happened
(d) send Nora a present
13. What is Nora's reaction when Doctor Rank tells her his feelings?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is upset but pretends to be happy.
(d) She is happy.
14. What happens while Nora is dancing?
(a) Her shoe breaks.
(b) She trips and falls.
(c) Her hair comes down.
(d) Her shawl flies off.
15. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
(b) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
(c) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(d) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
2. What does Nora ask Krogstad to think of, to beg him for mercy?
3. What does Mrs. Linde tell Nora to do?
4. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
5. What's the first thing Krogstad suggests Nora is considering?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)