|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
(a) She says she's been doing some sewing for Nora.
(b) She says she forgot a purse last time she visited.
(c) She says she's waiting to see Nora's dress.
(d) She says she wants to loan Nora a book.
2. What reason does Mrs. Linde give Krogstad for her coming to town?
(a) to be with him
(b) to find a better job
(c) to find a better apartment
(d) to flee her home life
3. What does Nora put on herself, when Torvald goes in to read the letters?
(a) Mrs. Linde's old coat
(b) Torvald's domino costume
(c) her heavy cloak
(d) her Italian shawl
4. How was Nora's dance received by the guests at the party?
(a) The guests were offended and started to leave.
(b) The guests were embarrassed by her dance.
(c) The guests were angered and asked her to leave.
(d) The guests enjoyed her dance.
5. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
(a) being too fond of food and drink
(b) being too generous with his money
(c) being too prideful
(d) being a gambler
6. What is Krogstad's initial reaction to the fact that the Helmers are at a dance?
7. What does Doctor Rank want from Helmer?
(a) a hat
(b) a book
(c) a cigar
(d) a nightcap
8. What does Helmer find in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) a wire from a brush
(b) a broken key
(c) a broken hairpin
(d) a sewing needle
9. What does Torvald say he did for Nora?
(a) ignored her father's wrongdoings
(b) gave up the life of a happy bachelor
(c) ignored the signs of mental weakness in Nora
(d) gave up the chance of marrying an upstanding woman
10. How does Doctor Rank respond when Nora asks what he would do if she asked him a huge favor?
(a) He gets angry that she would be so selfish.
(b) He says it would make him incredibly happy.
(c) He is offended that she wants a favor.
(d) He laughs and says he knows she needs nothing.
11. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(a) confessing to their wrongdoing
(b) running away
12. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
(a) a condemned prisoner
(b) a shipwrecked man
(c) a recluse in a cave
(d) a gambler out of money
13. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black star
(b) a card with a black border
(c) a card with a black cross
(d) a card with a black angel
14. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
(b) the newspapers
(c) the bank officers
(d) the police
15. What's the first thing Krogstad suggests Nora is considering?
(a) running away
(b) turning herself over to the police
(c) killing him
(d) stealing the bond
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Nora show Doctor Rank from her box?
2. What happens while Nora is dancing?
3. What final doubt does Krogstad have about Mrs. Linde?
4. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
5. What is Mrs. Linde doing while waiting for Krogstad?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)