|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Doctor Rank believe supports his jealousy?
(a) Mrs. Linde is in the house as he's speaking.
(b) Mrs. Linde was critical of Doctor Rank.
(c) Mrs. Linde is Nora's childhood friend.
(d) Mrs. Linde has gotten a job at the bank.
2. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
(a) Rank is ashamed for Torvald to see him sick.
(b) Torvald is afraid of getting ill again.
(c) Torvald hates things that are ugly.
(d) Rank doesn't want Torvald to know he is dying.
3. What are Doctor Rank's feelings towards Nora?
(a) Doctor Rank secretly loves Nora.
(b) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is selfish.
(c) Doctor Rank hides his great anger at Nora.
(d) Doctor Rank thinks Nora is stupid.
4. Would Nora's idea to get the money from Doctor Rank have worked?
(a) No, Doctor Rank would never have given Nora the money.
(b) Yes, but Krogstad would have demanded more than the value of the bond.
(c) No, Krogstad would never have given up the bond.
(d) Yes, Krogstad won't tell Torvald if Nora is prepared to pay off the bond.
5. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to the bank
(b) to see Torvald
(c) to see Doctor Rank
(d) to see Krogstad
6. What does Mrs. Linde say she has faith in about Krogstad?
(a) his love
(b) his character
(c) his weakness
(d) his innocence
7. What does Mrs. Linde almost forget as she leaves?
(a) her gloves
(b) her coat
(c) her knitting
(d) her purse
8. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
(a) in the fire
(b) in the letter box
(c) in his billfold
(d) on the table
9. How long does Krogstad say it's been since he was involved in anything dishonorable?
(a) six months
(b) two years
(c) a year
(d) a year and a half
10. What stops Nora from leaving?
(a) Nora's doubts about leaving her children
(b) the maid coming in from the kitchen
(c) Nora's doubts about what is in the letter
(d) Torvald, coming out of his study
11. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
(a) Doctor Rank trips him.
(b) Nora goes out to him.
(c) The door is locked.
(d) Doctor Rank stops him.
12. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
(a) She says she wants to loan Nora a book.
(b) She says she's been doing some sewing for Nora.
(c) She says she forgot a purse last time she visited.
(d) She says she's waiting to see Nora's dress.
13. How much money does Krogstad say he will ask Torvald for?
(a) 750 pounds
(c) 1,000 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
14. Who does Krogstad intend to tell about the bond?
(a) the bank officers
(c) the newspapers
(d) the police
15. How was Nora's dance received by the guests at the party?
(a) The guests were offended and started to leave.
(b) The guests were embarrassed by her dance.
(c) The guests were angered and asked her to leave.
(d) The guests enjoyed her dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torvald call Nora's explanation?
2. While Tovald is reading the letters, what is Nora thinking of doing?
3. What does Nora say, when Torvald asks if she knows what's in the letter?
4. What does Nora say Doctor Rank can pretend about her dancing?
5. Why does Nora say she refuses to show him anything else?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)