|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Nora instructed the maid to tell Krogstad?
(a) that Nora refuses to see him
(b) that no one is home
(c) that no one is allowed in on Christmas day
(d) that they will call the police if he doesn't leave
2. Where does Mrs. Linde propose to go, after Nora tells her what's happened?
(a) to the bank
(b) to see Krogstad
(c) to see Torvald
(d) to see Doctor Rank
3. What's the first thing Krogstad suggests Nora is considering?
(a) turning herself over to the police
(b) stealing the bond
(c) running away
(d) killing him
4. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
(a) give her the mail to put on his desk
(b) leave the mail until the morning
(c) read the rest of the mail
(d) toss the mail into the fire
5. What name does Torvald call Nora, after reading the letter?
(a) monstrous crow
(b) miserable creature
(c) little lark
(d) little squirrel
6. What does Krogstad compare himself to?
(a) a gambler out of money
(b) a shipwrecked man
(c) a recluse in a cave
(d) a condemned prisoner
7. How long does Doctor Rank think he has to live?
(a) six months
(b) one month
(c) one year
(d) five years
8. What does Rank say he will send Nora, when he knows he is about to die?
(a) a card with a black star
(b) a card with a black cross
(c) a card with a black angel
(d) a card with a black border
9. What does Nora tell Torvald about the cards from Doctor Rank?
(a) They are a joke from Doctor Rank.
(b) They mean Doctor Rank is dying.
(c) She doesn't know what they mean.
(d) They mean Doctor Rank is no longer their friend.
10. What are Krogstad and Nora talking about, that both considered but neither had the courage for?
(a) running away
(c) confessing to their wrongdoing
11. Why is Doctor Rank jealous of Mrs. Linde?
(a) He says Mrs. Linde will take his place as the Helmers' friend.
(b) He says Mrs. Linde will be in all the newspapers.
(c) He says Mrs. Linde will take over his position in the town.
(d) He says Mrs. Linde will take all the attention away from his death.
12. What stops Torvald from coming into the room?
(a) Doctor Rank stops him.
(b) Doctor Rank trips him.
(c) The door is locked.
(d) Nora goes out to him.
13. What reason does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' apartment?
(a) She says she's been doing some sewing for Nora.
(b) She says she forgot a purse last time she visited.
(c) She says she's waiting to see Nora's dress.
(d) She says she wants to loan Nora a book.
14. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
(a) in his billfold
(b) on the table
(c) in the letter box
(d) in the fire
15. What does Torvald blame Nora's behavior on?
(a) his own inability to control her
(b) her father's lack of principles
(c) Krogstad's wiley enticements
(d) Nora's mind going after difficult childbirth
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Doctor Rank want Torvald in his sickroom?
2. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
3. What does Torvald say about Mrs. Linde after she leaves?
4. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
5. What confuses Rank about Nora's behavior?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)