|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Linde feel about her husband?
(a) She has no sorrow at his death.
(b) She misses him horribly.
(c) She sometimes misses him terribly and sometimes is glad he's gone.
(d) She is angry at him for leaving her nothing.
2. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
(a) by steamer
(b) on foot
(c) by train
(d) by carriage
3. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
(a) a pen
(b) a Christmas ornament
(c) a business letter
(d) a gift for Nora
4. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
(b) upset because their mother isn't with them
(c) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
(d) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
5. What happened to the nurse's own daughter?
(a) The nurse's daughter died during childhood.
(b) The nurse gave her daughter up for adoption.
(c) The nurse's daughter died during childbirth.
(d) The nurse's daughter was raised by its grandparents.
6. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
7. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
(a) a paper releasing him from all liability
(b) a contract with her house as security
(c) a bond for the money
(d) a contract obliging her to keep the transaction secret
8. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
(a) Torvald believes in borrowing money whenever you need it.
(b) Torvald believes you should only borrow money in a true emergency.
(c) Torvald believes you should only borrow money if you know you can pay it back quickly.
(d) Torvald is against any borrowing whatsoever.
9. What type of work has Nora taken on to make ends meet?
(a) sewing and embroidery
(b) jewelry making
(c) baking and cooking
(d) cleaning houses
10. What was Nora actually doing, while Torvald thought she was making presents the past Christmas?
(a) She was seeing a doctor.
(b) She was doing copying work.
(c) She was making something for Torvald.
(d) She was having an affair.
11. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
(a) for financial security
(b) for love
(c) because she needed an escape from her home
(d) because she was pregnant
12. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
13. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
(a) twice a week
(c) every month
14. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
(b) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
(c) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
(d) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
15. What caused Doctor Rank's illness?
(a) an inherited genetic cause
(b) a venereal disease his father had
(c) exposure to weather
(d) an accident
Short Answer Questions
1. For Nora, what will having "heaps and heaps of money" mean?
2. What idea does Mrs. Linde inadvertently put into Nora's head?
3. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
4. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
5. How much did the trip cost?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)