|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
2. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
(a) the maids
(b) the neighbors
(d) the dogs
3. Why didn't Torvald make money at his previous profession?
(a) He would not spend money on advertising.
(b) He was too upstanding.
(c) He didn't spend enough time on his work.
(d) He made bad investments.
4. Where does Torvald believe Nora got Christmas presents the last year?
(a) She had the children make presents.
(b) She bought them at a cheap store.
(c) She made them herself.
(d) She bought them at an expensive store.
5. What type of work has Nora taken on to make ends meet?
(a) cleaning houses
(b) baking and cooking
(c) jewelry making
(d) sewing and embroidery
6. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
(a) by train
(b) by steamer
(c) by carriage
(d) on foot
7. What idea does Mrs. Linde inadvertently put into Nora's head?
(a) to claim Krogstad took unfair advantage of her
(b) to ask Doctor Rank to take responsibility for the false signature
(c) to steal the incriminating paper from Krogstad
(d) to ask Doctor Rank to help her pay off her debt
8. How much did the trip cost?
(a) 250 pounds
(b) 100 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
9. What does Nora want Mrs. Linde's help with?
(a) repairing her dress for the costume ball
(b) distracting Torvald while Nora does a secret errand
(c) coming up with a plan to protect her from Krogstad
(d) deciding what to wear to the costume ball
10. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
(a) She tries to work on needlework.
(b) She tries to fix a vase.
(c) She tries to clean the house.
(d) She tries to read a book.
11. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
(a) Yes, but Doctor Rand is early and waits in the hall for him.
(b) Yes, Doctor Rand goes directly to the study to meet with him.
(c) No, but Torvald goes to meet with him immediately.
(d) No, Torvald is surprised and doesn't want to see him.
12. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
13. What is Nora's attitude toward her children?
14. What game does Nora play with her children?
(a) ring around the rosie
(b) blind man's bluff
(c) king of the hill
(d) hide and seek
15. What does Nora threaten to throw Krogstad out of the house for?
(a) He speaks slightingly of her husband.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He attempts to take advantage of her.
(d) He threatens the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krogstad re-enter the house unnoticed by Nora?
2. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
3. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
4. What was Torvald's previous profession?
5. What does Krogstad ask Nora about Mrs. Linde?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)