|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krogstad ask Nora about Mrs. Linde?
(a) whether she is a widow
(b) whether she has mentioned him to Nora
(c) whether Torvald is giving her a job at the bank
(d) whether she is staying in town long
2. What does Nora ask the maid to bring to her after Krogstad has left?
(a) a cup of tea
(b) a glass of whiskey
(c) a book from Torvald's study
(d) the Christmas tree
3. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
(b) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
(c) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
(d) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
4. Why didn't Torvald make money at his previous profession?
(a) He made bad investments.
(b) He was too upstanding.
(c) He would not spend money on advertising.
(d) He didn't spend enough time on his work.
5. What does Nora do when Krogstad confronts her about the fake signature?
(a) She laughs and tells him that he's wrong.
(b) She confesses that she faked the signature.
(c) She makes up a story to explain what Krogstad thinks is wrong.
(d) She is ambiguous whether it's true, maintaining that the accusation can't be proved.
6. What does Nora threaten to throw Krogstad out of the house for?
(a) He speaks slightingly of her husband.
(b) He threatens the children.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He attempts to take advantage of her.
7. What caused Doctor Rank's illness?
(a) exposure to weather
(b) an inherited genetic cause
(c) an accident
(d) a venereal disease his father had
8. What does Nora ask for at first, when Torvald asks what he should get her?
(a) a new dress
(b) an expensive bracelet
(d) a new pot
9. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
(a) by steamer
(b) on foot
(c) by train
(d) by carriage
10. What is Nora's attitude toward her children?
11. What made Torvald ill?
(a) an accident
(b) a harsh, cold winter
(c) a genetic disease
12. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
(a) outside to play
(b) to the nurse
(c) up to their rooms
(d) to wrap Christmas presents
13. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
(b) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
(c) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
(d) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
14. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
(a) Yes, Nora recognizes her right away.
(b) Yes, but it takes a moment for Nora to recognize her.
(c) No, Nora never met Mrs. Linde before.
(d) No, but Nora used to know Mrs. Linde.
15. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
(a) because she needed an escape from her home
(b) for love
(c) because she was pregnant
(d) for financial security
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torvald initially think is the reason Nora wants him to let Krogstad keep his job?
2. What does Torvald say to tell any callers?
3. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
4. What was Nora actually doing, while Torvald thought she was making presents the past Christmas?
5. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)