|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Krogstad see walking with Torvald?
(a) Mrs. Linde
(b) a complete stranger
(c) Doctor Rank
2. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
(a) She plans on winning money gambling.
(b) She is going to inherit money.
(c) She thinks they can borrow indefinitely.
(d) Torvald is going to earn a large salary.
3. How does Krogstad re-enter the house unnoticed by Nora?
(a) Krogstad picks the lock.
(b) Krogstad comes in through the kitchen.
(c) The door was left ajar.
(d) Krogstad comes in through the window.
4. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
(a) Yes, Doctor Rand goes directly to the study to meet with him.
(b) No, but Torvald goes to meet with him immediately.
(c) Yes, but Doctor Rand is early and waits in the hall for him.
(d) No, Torvald is surprised and doesn't want to see him.
5. What does Nora tell Krogstad about how Mrs. Linde got the job at the bank?
(a) Nora says Mrs. Linde got the job because of her qualifications.
(b) Nora says she had nothing to do with how Mrs. Linde got the job.
(c) Nora says that she influenced her husband to give Mrs. Linde the job.
(d) Nora says Mrs. Linde got the job because she is in dire need.
6. Where does Torvald believe Nora got Christmas presents the last year?
(a) She had the children make presents.
(b) She bought them at an expensive store.
(c) She made them herself.
(d) She bought them at a cheap store.
7. How long were they gone?
(a) two years
(b) three months
(c) one year
(d) six months
8. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
(a) Torvald has taken a dislike to Mrs. Linde.
(b) Since Mrs. Linde will be an employee, it's inappropriate for her to be there.
(c) Torvald hates to see dressmaking.
(d) Torvald will be jealous she's spending time with Mrs. Linde.
9. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
(a) She tries to fix a vase.
(b) She tries to work on needlework.
(c) She tries to read a book.
(d) She tries to clean the house.
10. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
(a) because she needed an escape from her home
(b) because she was pregnant
(c) for financial security
(d) for love
11. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
12. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
(a) a business letter
(b) a Christmas ornament
(c) a pen
(d) a gift for Nora
13. What job has Torvald just accepted?
(a) head counsel for the mayor
(b) manager of the bank
(c) legal clerk for the town
(d) head accountant for the bank
14. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
(b) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
(c) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
(d) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
15. Why does Torvald not want to spend money?
(a) He wants to save up all their money for the future.
(b) He thinks money is a corrupting influence on the children.
(c) They won't actually have more money for a quarter of a year.
(d) He wants to save their money to take a trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
2. What idea does Mrs. Linde inadvertently put into Nora's head?
3. Who has Mrs. Linde had to support?
4. How does Nora check if her husband is in?
5. Why doesn't the nurse want Nora to go out?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)