|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Nora points out about the things she's bought?
(a) They were expensive.
(b) They were cheap.
(c) They are good quality.
(d) They are low quality.
2. Who else was supposed to sign the document?
(a) Torvald's doctor
(b) Nora's father
(d) Nora's lawyer
3. What is Nora's attitude toward the porter who helps her with her purchases?
4. What is Torvald's real reason for wanting to fire Krogstad?
(a) Krogstad is too familiar and friendly with him in public.
(b) Krogstad knows a secret about Torvald's past.
(c) He believes Krogstad is immoral.
(d) Krogstad has slovenly habits and is tardy to work.
5. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
(a) Torvald is against any borrowing whatsoever.
(b) Torvald believes you should only borrow money in a true emergency.
(c) Torvald believes in borrowing money whenever you need it.
(d) Torvald believes you should only borrow money if you know you can pay it back quickly.
6. What does Nora tell Krogstad about how Mrs. Linde got the job at the bank?
(a) Nora says that she influenced her husband to give Mrs. Linde the job.
(b) Nora says Mrs. Linde got the job because of her qualifications.
(c) Nora says Mrs. Linde got the job because she is in dire need.
(d) Nora says she had nothing to do with how Mrs. Linde got the job.
7. How many children does Nora have?
8. How does Nora check if her husband is in?
(a) She goes to look for him.
(b) She checks if his key is in the hall.
(c) She listens at the study door.
(d) She looks for his coat.
9. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) pretending they're having an affair
(b) repossessing all her belongings
(c) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
(d) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
10. What does Mrs. Linde say her husband left her monetarily?
(a) a small legacy
(b) money in trust
(c) a large legacy
11. What does Torvald believe happened to last year's presents?
(a) Emmy knocked them into the fire.
(b) The dog chewed them up.
(c) The cat tore them up.
(d) The roof leaked on them.
12. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
(a) the dogs
(b) the maids
(d) the neighbors
13. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
(a) a pen
(b) a Christmas ornament
(c) a gift for Nora
(d) a business letter
14. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
(a) She is going to inherit money.
(b) Torvald is going to earn a large salary.
(c) She thinks they can borrow indefinitely.
(d) She plans on winning money gambling.
15. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
(a) Torvald and her will be destitute.
(b) Torvald will never trust her again.
(c) Torvald will pay off the loan.
(d) Torvald will leave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torvald give to the maid after his conversation with Nora about Krogstad?
2. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
3. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
4. Why doesn't the nurse want Nora to go out?
5. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)