|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the trip cost?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(b) 250 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 100 pounds
2. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
(b) every month
(c) twice a week
3. Which of the following does Torvald NOT call Nora?
(a) little spendthrift
(b) little kitten
(c) little squirrel
(d) little lark
4. What is Nora's relationship with her children's nurse?
(a) Nora hired the nurse when she had her third child.
(b) Nora hired the nurse when she had her first child.
(c) Nora knew the nurse when Nora was a teenager.
(d) The nurse was Nora's nurse when she was young.
5. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
(a) Her father died soon after, anyway.
(b) No one can prove the signature was forged.
(c) Krogstad is a criminal.
(d) Her motive was to save her husband's life.
6. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
(b) her mother
(c) her father
(d) a bank manager
7. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
(a) Yes, but it takes a moment for Nora to recognize her.
(b) No, Nora never met Mrs. Linde before.
(c) Yes, Nora recognizes her right away.
(d) No, but Nora used to know Mrs. Linde.
8. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) He was sad to be away from her.
(b) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
(c) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(d) Things were dull without her.
9. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
(a) Torvald believes you should only borrow money if you know you can pay it back quickly.
(b) Torvald believes in borrowing money whenever you need it.
(c) Torvald believes you should only borrow money in a true emergency.
(d) Torvald is against any borrowing whatsoever.
10. Why does Torvald not want to spend money?
(a) He wants to save up all their money for the future.
(b) They won't actually have more money for a quarter of a year.
(c) He wants to save their money to take a trip.
(d) He thinks money is a corrupting influence on the children.
11. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
(b) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
(c) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
(d) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
12. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
(b) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
(c) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
(d) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
13. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) repossessing all her belongings
(b) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
(c) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
(d) pretending they're having an affair
14. For Nora, what will having "heaps and heaps of money" mean?
(a) more troubles
(b) fur coats and jewels
(c) no anxiety
(d) freedom to start a business
15. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
(a) Torvald is going to earn a large salary.
(b) She is going to inherit money.
(c) She plans on winning money gambling.
(d) She thinks they can borrow indefinitely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work has Nora taken on to make ends meet?
2. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
3. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
4. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
5. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)