|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora ask the maid to bring to her after Krogstad has left?
(a) a glass of whiskey
(b) a cup of tea
(c) a book from Torvald's study
(d) the Christmas tree
2. What was Nora actually doing, while Torvald thought she was making presents the past Christmas?
(a) She was having an affair.
(b) She was making something for Torvald.
(c) She was doing copying work.
(d) She was seeing a doctor.
3. What does Torvald like about his new job?
(a) He likes the prestige of his new position.
(b) He likes that he'll gain political power.
(c) He likes the financial security.
(d) He likes that he won't need to work hard.
4. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
5. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
(a) The signature is dated three days after Nora's father's death.
(b) Nora wouldn't have had time to get the document signed.
(c) The signature is clearly Nora's handwriting.
(d) The signature is in the wrong kind of ink.
6. Who did Krogstad see walking with Torvald?
(a) Doctor Rank
(b) a complete stranger
(d) Mrs. Linde
7. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
8. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
9. For Nora, what will having "heaps and heaps of money" mean?
(a) more troubles
(b) fur coats and jewels
(c) freedom to start a business
(d) no anxiety
10. Who else was supposed to sign the document?
(b) Nora's father
(c) Nora's lawyer
(d) Torvald's doctor
11. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
(a) Torvald has taken a dislike to Mrs. Linde.
(b) Torvald will be jealous she's spending time with Mrs. Linde.
(c) Since Mrs. Linde will be an employee, it's inappropriate for her to be there.
(d) Torvald hates to see dressmaking.
12. What does Torvald say to tell any callers?
(a) that he's not at home
(b) that he's only got half an hour
(c) that he's not doing any business until after Christmas
(d) that he's busy in the study
13. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
(a) Yes, Doctor Rand goes directly to the study to meet with him.
(b) Yes, but Doctor Rand is early and waits in the hall for him.
(c) No, but Torvald goes to meet with him immediately.
(d) No, Torvald is surprised and doesn't want to see him.
14. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
(a) Yes, Nora wrote her right away.
(b) Yes, but Nora put it off and wrote her months later.
(c) No, but Nora meant to write.
(d) No, Nora never thought to write.
15. What is the first thing Nora points out about the things she's bought?
(a) They are low quality.
(b) They were cheap.
(c) They are good quality.
(d) They were expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
2. What does Nora say about the doll bed she's bought for her daughter, Emmy?
3. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
4. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
5. How long has Krogstad known Torvald?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)