|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
2. What reason does Nora give for wanting Krogstad to keep his job?
(a) She says Krogstad writes for papers and could spread rumors and bad publicity.
(b) She says Krogstad is in dire need of money and she's afraid what might happen to his children.
(c) She says the reason is a secret, but that Torvald must take her seriously.
(d) She says Krogstad is a distant relative of her father's.
3. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
(b) the maids
(c) the neighbors
(d) the dogs
4. What does Nora ask the maid to bring to her after Krogstad has left?
(a) a glass of whiskey
(b) the Christmas tree
(c) a cup of tea
(d) a book from Torvald's study
5. What lie does Nora tell Torvald?
(a) She says she hasn't promised the children anything.
(b) She says she hasn't bought him a present.
(c) She says she hasn't gotten a Christmas tree.
(d) She says she hasn't eaten any sweets.
6. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
(a) three years
(b) one month
(c) one year
(d) five years
7. How much did the trip cost?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 250 pounds
(c) 1,000 pounds
(d) 100 pounds
8. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) Things were dull without her.
(b) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
(c) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(d) He was sad to be away from her.
9. What job has Torvald just accepted?
(a) head accountant for the bank
(b) legal clerk for the town
(c) manager of the bank
(d) head counsel for the mayor
10. What is Nora's attitude toward the porter who helps her with her purchases?
11. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
(a) Doctor Rank said Krogstad was morally corrupt, but Mrs. Linde knows he's a good person.
(b) Doctor Rank said he'd heard Mrs. Linde mentioned many times, but Torvald seemed not to have heard of her.
(c) Doctor Rank said Torvald was always healthy, but Mrs. Linde knows he's been ill.
(d) Doctor Rank said Torvald was happy about his position at the bank, but Torvald seemed upset about it.
12. What does Torvald initially think is the reason Nora wants him to let Krogstad keep his job?
(a) Torvald thinks Nora feels sorry for Krogstad.
(b) Torvald thinks Nora must have secret feelings for Krogstad.
(c) Torvald thinks Nora was threatened by Krogstad.
(d) Torvald thinks Nora has made a careless promise to the man.
13. What does Nora finally ask Torvald for as a Christmas present?
(b) a dinner together
(c) a dance
14. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
(a) the maid
(b) Doctor Rand
(c) Mrs. Linde
15. What does the nurse say is wrong with the costumes?
(a) They need repair.
(b) They are the wrong sizes.
(c) They are out of fashion.
(d) They are dusty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krogstad ask Nora to do for him?
2. Where does Torvald believe Nora got Christmas presents the last year?
3. What is the first thing Nora points out about the things she's bought?
4. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
5. What does Mrs. Linde say her husband left her monetarily?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)