|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Torvald's previous profession?
(b) store manager
(d) stock broker
2. What job has Torvald just accepted?
(a) head counsel for the mayor
(b) head accountant for the bank
(c) manager of the bank
(d) legal clerk for the town
3. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
(a) Mrs. Linde
(b) Doctor Rand
(d) the maid
4. When Nora first comes home, what does she ask her maid Helen to hide?
(a) a gift for Torvald
(b) a Christmas tree
(c) her macaroons
(d) gifts for the children
5. Where does Torvald believe Nora got Christmas presents the last year?
(a) She made them herself.
(b) She had the children make presents.
(c) She bought them at a cheap store.
(d) She bought them at an expensive store.
6. What does Nora do when Krogstad confronts her about the fake signature?
(a) She makes up a story to explain what Krogstad thinks is wrong.
(b) She confesses that she faked the signature.
(c) She is ambiguous whether it's true, maintaining that the accusation can't be proved.
(d) She laughs and tells him that he's wrong.
7. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
(b) Things were dull without her.
(c) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(d) He was sad to be away from her.
8. What does Nora say about the doll bed she's bought for her daughter, Emmy?
(a) Emmy will be thrilled with it.
(b) Emmy will soon break it.
(c) Emmy will now have a pair of doll's beds.
(d) Emmy will never guess what it is.
9. What brings Torvald out of his study?
(a) a loud noise from the other room
(b) worry over what Nora has bought
(c) anger that Nora is late
(d) a desire to see his dearly loved wife
10. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
(a) No, but Nora used to know Mrs. Linde.
(b) Yes, Nora recognizes her right away.
(c) No, Nora never met Mrs. Linde before.
(d) Yes, but it takes a moment for Nora to recognize her.
11. How long were they gone?
(a) three months
(b) six months
(c) two years
(d) one year
12. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
(a) He was in debt and needed extra money.
(b) He went to jail and then could find no work.
(c) He was too ill to hold down a normal job.
(d) He committed an "indiscretion" and then could find no work.
13. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
(a) one year
(b) one month
(c) five years
(d) three years
14. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
(b) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
(c) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
(d) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
15. Who else was supposed to sign the document?
(b) Torvald's doctor
(c) Nora's father
(d) Nora's lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krogstad ask Nora about Mrs. Linde?
2. What happened to the nurse's own daughter?
3. What does Torvald like about his new job?
4. What does Torvald say to tell any callers?
5. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)