|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Linde say her husband left her monetarily?
(a) money in trust
(b) a small legacy
(c) a large legacy
2. How does Torvald try to cheer up Nora?
(a) by giving her money
(b) by dancing with her
(c) by giving her a kiss
(d) by giving her a ring
3. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
(b) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
(c) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
(d) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
4. How many children does Nora have?
5. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
(a) Torvald believes in borrowing money whenever you need it.
(b) Torvald believes you should only borrow money if you know you can pay it back quickly.
(c) Torvald is against any borrowing whatsoever.
(d) Torvald believes you should only borrow money in a true emergency.
6. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
(a) He was too ill to hold down a normal job.
(b) He was in debt and needed extra money.
(c) He went to jail and then could find no work.
(d) He committed an "indiscretion" and then could find no work.
7. What does Nora ask the maid to bring to her after Krogstad has left?
(a) a glass of whiskey
(b) a cup of tea
(c) the Christmas tree
(d) a book from Torvald's study
8. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
9. What made Torvald ill?
(a) a harsh, cold winter
(b) a genetic disease
(d) an accident
10. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
11. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
(a) Yes, but Doctor Rand is early and waits in the hall for him.
(b) No, Torvald is surprised and doesn't want to see him.
(c) No, but Torvald goes to meet with him immediately.
(d) Yes, Doctor Rand goes directly to the study to meet with him.
12. What is Nora's attitude toward her children?
13. How does Mrs. Linde feel about her husband?
(a) She misses him horribly.
(b) She is angry at him for leaving her nothing.
(c) She sometimes misses him terribly and sometimes is glad he's gone.
(d) She has no sorrow at his death.
14. What lie does Nora tell Torvald?
(a) She says she hasn't eaten any sweets.
(b) She says she hasn't gotten a Christmas tree.
(c) She says she hasn't bought him a present.
(d) She says she hasn't promised the children anything.
15. What game does Nora play with her children?
(a) ring around the rosie
(b) blind man's bluff
(c) hide and seek
(d) king of the hill
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
2. What does Krogstad compare falsifying the signature to?
3. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
4. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
5. What does Torvald initially think is the reason Nora wants him to let Krogstad keep his job?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)