|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald give to the maid after his conversation with Nora about Krogstad?
(a) Nora's present, to be stored away until she recants
(b) a message for the police about Krogstad
(c) a letter firing Krogstad
(d) a present to wrap for Nora
2. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
3. What made Torvald ill?
(b) an accident
(c) a harsh, cold winter
(d) a genetic disease
4. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
(a) Torvald wanted more free time.
(b) Nora hated his job and wanted him to leave it.
(c) Torvald objected to the way the firm was run.
(d) Torvald needed the possibility of advancement.
5. What brings Torvald out of his study?
(a) a loud noise from the other room
(b) worry over what Nora has bought
(c) a desire to see his dearly loved wife
(d) anger that Nora is late
6. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
(b) pretending they're having an affair
(c) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
(d) repossessing all her belongings
7. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
(a) to the nurse
(b) up to their rooms
(c) outside to play
(d) to wrap Christmas presents
8. What type of work has Nora taken on to make ends meet?
(a) baking and cooking
(b) cleaning houses
(c) sewing and embroidery
(d) jewelry making
9. Who has Mrs. Linde had to support?
(a) her mother and aunt
(b) her grandmother and two nephews
(c) her mother and two younger brothers
(d) her mother, brother, and sister
10. What is Nora going to the costume ball as?
(a) a Genoan farmgirl
(b) a Neapolitan fisher-girl
(c) a Sicilian dancing girl
(d) a Corsican peasant
11. What does Nora threaten to throw Krogstad out of the house for?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He speaks slightingly of her husband.
(c) He threatens the children.
(d) He attempts to take advantage of her.
12. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
(b) her mother
(c) her father
(d) a bank manager
13. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
(a) the maid
(c) Mrs. Linde
(d) Doctor Rand
14. How does Torvald try to cheer up Nora?
(a) by dancing with her
(b) by giving her a kiss
(c) by giving her money
(d) by giving her a ring
15. For Nora, what will having "heaps and heaps of money" mean?
(a) no anxiety
(b) fur coats and jewels
(c) more troubles
(d) freedom to start a business
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were they gone?
2. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
3. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
4. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
5. What job has Torvald just accepted?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)