|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's attitude toward the porter who helps her with her purchases?
2. Who else was supposed to sign the document?
(a) Torvald's doctor
(b) Nora's father
(d) Nora's lawyer
3. What does Nora do when Krogstad confronts her about the fake signature?
(a) She confesses that she faked the signature.
(b) She is ambiguous whether it's true, maintaining that the accusation can't be proved.
(c) She laughs and tells him that he's wrong.
(d) She makes up a story to explain what Krogstad thinks is wrong.
4. How does Mrs. Linde feel about her husband?
(a) She has no sorrow at his death.
(b) She is angry at him for leaving her nothing.
(c) She misses him horribly.
(d) She sometimes misses him terribly and sometimes is glad he's gone.
5. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) upset because their mother isn't with them
(b) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
(c) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
(d) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
6. Where does Torvald believe Nora got Christmas presents the last year?
(a) She made them herself.
(b) She had the children make presents.
(c) She bought them at an expensive store.
(d) She bought them at a cheap store.
7. What does Torvald like about his new job?
(a) He likes that he won't need to work hard.
(b) He likes that he'll gain political power.
(c) He likes the prestige of his new position.
(d) He likes the financial security.
8. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) repossessing all her belongings
(b) pretending they're having an affair
(c) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
(d) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
9. What is Nora's relationship with her children's nurse?
(a) Nora hired the nurse when she had her third child.
(b) Nora hired the nurse when she had her first child.
(c) The nurse was Nora's nurse when she was young.
(d) Nora knew the nurse when Nora was a teenager.
10. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
(b) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
(c) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
(d) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
11. What made Torvald ill?
(b) an accident
(c) a harsh, cold winter
(d) a genetic disease
12. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
(a) Torvald will never trust her again.
(b) Torvald and her will be destitute.
(c) Torvald will pay off the loan.
(d) Torvald will leave her.
13. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
(b) the maid
(c) Mrs. Linde
(d) Doctor Rand
14. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
(b) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
(c) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
(d) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
15. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
(a) No, Torvald is surprised and doesn't want to see him.
(b) No, but Torvald goes to meet with him immediately.
(c) Yes, but Doctor Rand is early and waits in the hall for him.
(d) Yes, Doctor Rand goes directly to the study to meet with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were they gone?
2. What does Krogstad ask Nora to do for him?
3. How many children does Nora have?
4. What job has Torvald just accepted?
5. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)