|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's relationship with her children's nurse?
(a) Nora hired the nurse when she had her first child.
(b) The nurse was Nora's nurse when she was young.
(c) Nora knew the nurse when Nora was a teenager.
(d) Nora hired the nurse when she had her third child.
2. What does Torvald initially think is the reason Nora wants him to let Krogstad keep his job?
(a) Torvald thinks Nora was threatened by Krogstad.
(b) Torvald thinks Nora has made a careless promise to the man.
(c) Torvald thinks Nora feels sorry for Krogstad.
(d) Torvald thinks Nora must have secret feelings for Krogstad.
3. What game does Nora play with her children?
(a) blind man's bluff
(b) king of the hill
(c) ring around the rosie
(d) hide and seek
4. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
(a) She is going to inherit money.
(b) She thinks they can borrow indefinitely.
(c) She plans on winning money gambling.
(d) Torvald is going to earn a large salary.
5. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
(b) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
(c) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
(d) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
6. What is Torvald's real reason for wanting to fire Krogstad?
(a) Krogstad has slovenly habits and is tardy to work.
(b) He believes Krogstad is immoral.
(c) Krogstad knows a secret about Torvald's past.
(d) Krogstad is too familiar and friendly with him in public.
7. What does Krogstad ask Nora about Mrs. Linde?
(a) whether she is staying in town long
(b) whether she is a widow
(c) whether she has mentioned him to Nora
(d) whether Torvald is giving her a job at the bank
8. What does Torvald give to the maid after his conversation with Nora about Krogstad?
(a) a present to wrap for Nora
(b) a message for the police about Krogstad
(c) a letter firing Krogstad
(d) Nora's present, to be stored away until she recants
9. What does Nora ask the maid to bring to her after Krogstad has left?
(a) a cup of tea
(b) a glass of whiskey
(c) a book from Torvald's study
(d) the Christmas tree
10. Why does Mrs. Linde come by Nora's house?
(a) Mrs. Linde wanted to ask Nora about Krogstad.
(b) Mrs. Linde wanted to thank Nora for helping her get a job.
(c) Mrs. Linde was concerned that Nora might be unwell.
(d) Nora had come by Mrs. Linde's home asking for her.
11. Which of the following does Torvald NOT call Nora?
(a) little spendthrift
(b) little lark
(c) little squirrel
(d) little kitten
12. Who did Krogstad see walking with Torvald?
(b) Mrs. Linde
(c) a complete stranger
(d) Doctor Rank
13. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
(a) by steamer
(b) by carriage
(c) by train
(d) on foot
14. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
(b) the dogs
(c) the maids
(d) the neighbors
15. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
(a) Torvald will pay off the loan.
(b) Torvald and her will be destitute.
(c) Torvald will leave her.
(d) Torvald will never trust her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora finally ask Torvald for as a Christmas present?
2. What brings Torvald out of his study?
3. What happened to the nurse's own daughter?
4. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
5. How long has Krogstad known Torvald?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)