|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
(a) Torvald will leave her.
(b) Torvald and her will be destitute.
(c) Torvald will pay off the loan.
(d) Torvald will never trust her again.
2. Where does Torvald believe Nora got Christmas presents the last year?
(a) She made them herself.
(b) She bought them at an expensive store.
(c) She had the children make presents.
(d) She bought them at a cheap store.
3. How does Nora check if her husband is in?
(a) She checks if his key is in the hall.
(b) She goes to look for him.
(c) She listens at the study door.
(d) She looks for his coat.
4. What is Nora's attitude toward her children?
5. What lie does Nora tell Torvald?
(a) She says she hasn't gotten a Christmas tree.
(b) She says she hasn't eaten any sweets.
(c) She says she hasn't promised the children anything.
(d) She says she hasn't bought him a present.
6. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
(a) one month
(b) five years
(c) three years
(d) one year
7. What does Nora tell her children about the "stranger man"?
(a) that he's never coming back again
(b) not to let him back into the house
(c) not to tell anyone he's been there
(d) that he's coming back for Christmas dinner
8. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) He was sad to be away from her.
(b) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(c) Things were dull without her.
(d) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
9. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
(a) Torvald hates to see dressmaking.
(b) Torvald has taken a dislike to Mrs. Linde.
(c) Since Mrs. Linde will be an employee, it's inappropriate for her to be there.
(d) Torvald will be jealous she's spending time with Mrs. Linde.
10. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
(a) the neighbors
(c) the maids
(d) the dogs
11. Who has Mrs. Linde had to support?
(a) her grandmother and two nephews
(b) her mother and aunt
(c) her mother, brother, and sister
(d) her mother and two younger brothers
12. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
(a) her mother
(b) a bank manager
(d) her father
13. What does Krogstad ask Nora about Mrs. Linde?
(a) whether she is staying in town long
(b) whether she is a widow
(c) whether Torvald is giving her a job at the bank
(d) whether she has mentioned him to Nora
14. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
(b) the maid
(c) Mrs. Linde
(d) Doctor Rand
15. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
(a) Doctor Rank said Torvald was always healthy, but Mrs. Linde knows he's been ill.
(b) Doctor Rank said Krogstad was morally corrupt, but Mrs. Linde knows he's a good person.
(c) Doctor Rank said he'd heard Mrs. Linde mentioned many times, but Torvald seemed not to have heard of her.
(d) Doctor Rank said Torvald was happy about his position at the bank, but Torvald seemed upset about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
2. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
3. What does Krogstad ask Nora to do for him?
4. What does Torvald like about his new job?
5. What does Krogstad compare falsifying the signature to?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)