|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's attitude toward the porter who helps her with her purchases?
2. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
(a) Torvald wanted more free time.
(b) Nora hated his job and wanted him to leave it.
(c) Torvald needed the possibility of advancement.
(d) Torvald objected to the way the firm was run.
3. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
(b) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
(c) upset because their mother isn't with them
(d) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
4. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
(a) Torvald is against any borrowing whatsoever.
(b) Torvald believes you should only borrow money if you know you can pay it back quickly.
(c) Torvald believes you should only borrow money in a true emergency.
(d) Torvald believes in borrowing money whenever you need it.
5. Who did Krogstad see walking with Torvald?
(a) Doctor Rank
(b) a complete stranger
(d) Mrs. Linde
6. What brings Torvald out of his study?
(a) anger that Nora is late
(b) worry over what Nora has bought
(c) a desire to see his dearly loved wife
(d) a loud noise from the other room
7. How does Krogstad re-enter the house unnoticed by Nora?
(a) Krogstad comes in through the kitchen.
(b) Krogstad comes in through the window.
(c) Krogstad picks the lock.
(d) The door was left ajar.
8. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
(a) The signature is clearly Nora's handwriting.
(b) The signature is in the wrong kind of ink.
(c) The signature is dated three days after Nora's father's death.
(d) Nora wouldn't have had time to get the document signed.
9. Which of the following does Torvald NOT call Nora?
(a) little spendthrift
(b) little squirrel
(c) little lark
(d) little kitten
10. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
(a) Torvald has taken a dislike to Mrs. Linde.
(b) Torvald will be jealous she's spending time with Mrs. Linde.
(c) Torvald hates to see dressmaking.
(d) Since Mrs. Linde will be an employee, it's inappropriate for her to be there.
11. How long has Krogstad known Torvald?
(a) for six months
(b) since Torvald became involved in the bank
(c) since their student days
(d) for a year and a half
12. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
(a) Her motive was to save her husband's life.
(b) Her father died soon after, anyway.
(c) No one can prove the signature was forged.
(d) Krogstad is a criminal.
13. What game does Nora play with her children?
(a) ring around the rosie
(b) hide and seek
(c) blind man's bluff
(d) king of the hill
14. How many children does Nora have?
15. When Nora first comes home, what does she ask her maid Helen to hide?
(a) gifts for the children
(b) a gift for Torvald
(c) a Christmas tree
(d) her macaroons
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse say is wrong with the costumes?
2. What does Torvald give to the maid after his conversation with Nora about Krogstad?
3. What does Nora ask for at first, when Torvald asks what he should get her?
4. What does Nora want Mrs. Linde's help with?
5. What is the first thing Nora points out about the things she's bought?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)