|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the nurse want Nora to go out?
(a) There's too much work to do around the house.
(b) Torvald wanted Nora to be in when he returned.
(c) The children want their mother's attention.
(d) It's cold, and she thinks Nora may get ill.
2. What does Nora want Mrs. Linde's help with?
(a) repairing her dress for the costume ball
(b) coming up with a plan to protect her from Krogstad
(c) deciding what to wear to the costume ball
(d) distracting Torvald while Nora does a secret errand
3. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
(a) She tries to read a book.
(b) She tries to work on needlework.
(c) She tries to clean the house.
(d) She tries to fix a vase.
4. What does Nora say about the doll bed she's bought for her daughter, Emmy?
(a) Emmy will soon break it.
(b) Emmy will now have a pair of doll's beds.
(c) Emmy will never guess what it is.
(d) Emmy will be thrilled with it.
5. What is Nora going to the costume ball as?
(a) a Genoan farmgirl
(b) a Sicilian dancing girl
(c) a Corsican peasant
(d) a Neapolitan fisher-girl
6. How does Nora say Mrs. Linde looks?
(a) younger but sadder
(b) more tired but happier
(c) plumper and darker
(d) thinner and paler
7. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
(a) because she needed an escape from her home
(b) for financial security
(c) for love
(d) because she was pregnant
8. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
(a) from a moneylender
(b) from doing odd jobs
(c) from her father
(d) from her sister
9. What does Torvald give to the maid after his conversation with Nora about Krogstad?
(a) a message for the police about Krogstad
(b) a letter firing Krogstad
(c) Nora's present, to be stored away until she recants
(d) a present to wrap for Nora
10. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
(a) She thinks they can borrow indefinitely.
(b) Torvald is going to earn a large salary.
(c) She plans on winning money gambling.
(d) She is going to inherit money.
11. What does Nora ask for at first, when Torvald asks what he should get her?
(a) a new pot
(c) a new dress
(d) an expensive bracelet
12. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
(a) Torvald will never trust her again.
(b) Torvald and her will be destitute.
(c) Torvald will leave her.
(d) Torvald will pay off the loan.
13. What job has Torvald just accepted?
(a) manager of the bank
(b) legal clerk for the town
(c) head counsel for the mayor
(d) head accountant for the bank
14. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
15. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
(a) to the nurse
(b) to wrap Christmas presents
(c) outside to play
(d) up to their rooms
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Torvald's real reason for wanting to fire Krogstad?
2. How long has Krogstad known Torvald?
3. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
4. What does Krogstad ask Nora to do for him?
5. What does Nora finally ask Torvald for as a Christmas present?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)