|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Torvald make money at his previous profession?
(a) He was too upstanding.
(b) He would not spend money on advertising.
(c) He made bad investments.
(d) He didn't spend enough time on his work.
2. Who does Torvald compare Nora to?
(a) a bank manager
(b) her mother
(c) her father
3. How does Krogstad know the second signature is faked?
(a) Nora wouldn't have had time to get the document signed.
(b) The signature is clearly Nora's handwriting.
(c) The signature is dated three days after Nora's father's death.
(d) The signature is in the wrong kind of ink.
4. For Nora, what will having "heaps and heaps of money" mean?
(a) fur coats and jewels
(b) no anxiety
(c) more troubles
(d) freedom to start a business
5. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
(a) She tries to read a book.
(b) She tries to clean the house.
(c) She tries to work on needlework.
(d) She tries to fix a vase.
6. How much did the trip cost?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 100 pounds
(c) 1,000 pounds
(d) 250 pounds
7. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
(a) the dogs
(b) the maids
(c) the neighbors
8. Where does Torvald believe Nora got Christmas presents the last year?
(a) She bought them at a cheap store.
(b) She had the children make presents.
(c) She bought them at an expensive store.
(d) She made them herself.
9. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
(a) He was in debt and needed extra money.
(b) He committed an "indiscretion" and then could find no work.
(c) He was too ill to hold down a normal job.
(d) He went to jail and then could find no work.
10. Which of the following does Torvald NOT call Nora?
(a) little lark
(b) little squirrel
(c) little spendthrift
(d) little kitten
11. What does the nurse say is wrong with the costumes?
(a) They are dusty.
(b) They need repair.
(c) They are the wrong sizes.
(d) They are out of fashion.
12. What happened to the nurse's own daughter?
(a) The nurse's daughter was raised by its grandparents.
(b) The nurse's daughter died during childhood.
(c) The nurse gave her daughter up for adoption.
(d) The nurse's daughter died during childbirth.
13. How long were they gone?
(a) two years
(b) three months
(c) six months
(d) one year
14. Why doesn't the nurse want Nora to go out?
(a) Torvald wanted Nora to be in when he returned.
(b) It's cold, and she thinks Nora may get ill.
(c) There's too much work to do around the house.
(d) The children want their mother's attention.
15. What does Torvald like about his new job?
(a) He likes the financial security.
(b) He likes that he won't need to work hard.
(c) He likes the prestige of his new position.
(d) He likes that he'll gain political power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
2. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
3. What was Nora actually doing, while Torvald thought she was making presents the past Christmas?
4. How many children does Nora have?
5. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)