|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
(b) upset because their mother isn't with them
(c) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
(d) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
2. Why doesn't the nurse want Nora to go out?
(a) There's too much work to do around the house.
(b) Torvald wanted Nora to be in when he returned.
(c) It's cold, and she thinks Nora may get ill.
(d) The children want their mother's attention.
3. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
(a) Doctor Rank said Torvald was happy about his position at the bank, but Torvald seemed upset about it.
(b) Doctor Rank said Krogstad was morally corrupt, but Mrs. Linde knows he's a good person.
(c) Doctor Rank said Torvald was always healthy, but Mrs. Linde knows he's been ill.
(d) Doctor Rank said he'd heard Mrs. Linde mentioned many times, but Torvald seemed not to have heard of her.
4. What happened to the nurse's own daughter?
(a) The nurse's daughter died during childbirth.
(b) The nurse gave her daughter up for adoption.
(c) The nurse's daughter was raised by its grandparents.
(d) The nurse's daughter died during childhood.
5. What was Torvald's previous profession?
(a) stock broker
(b) store manager
6. What does Nora try to do after Krogstad leaves?
(a) She tries to fix a vase.
(b) She tries to read a book.
(c) She tries to clean the house.
(d) She tries to work on needlework.
7. What reason does Nora give for wanting Krogstad to keep his job?
(a) She says Krogstad is in dire need of money and she's afraid what might happen to his children.
(b) She says the reason is a secret, but that Torvald must take her seriously.
(c) She says Krogstad is a distant relative of her father's.
(d) She says Krogstad writes for papers and could spread rumors and bad publicity.
8. What does Torvald initially think is the reason Nora wants him to let Krogstad keep his job?
(a) Torvald thinks Nora feels sorry for Krogstad.
(b) Torvald thinks Nora was threatened by Krogstad.
(c) Torvald thinks Nora has made a careless promise to the man.
(d) Torvald thinks Nora must have secret feelings for Krogstad.
9. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) pretending they're having an affair
(b) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
(c) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
(d) repossessing all her belongings
10. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
(a) every month
(c) twice a week
11. How long has Krogstad known Torvald?
(a) since Torvald became involved in the bank
(b) for a year and a half
(c) since their student days
(d) for six months
12. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
(a) a gift for Nora
(b) a pen
(c) a business letter
(d) a Christmas ornament
13. What idea does Mrs. Linde inadvertently put into Nora's head?
(a) to ask Doctor Rank to take responsibility for the false signature
(b) to ask Doctor Rank to help her pay off her debt
(c) to claim Krogstad took unfair advantage of her
(d) to steal the incriminating paper from Krogstad
14. Who has Mrs. Linde had to support?
(a) her grandmother and two nephews
(b) her mother, brother, and sister
(c) her mother and aunt
(d) her mother and two younger brothers
15. Is Torvald expecting Doctor Rand?
(a) No, but Torvald goes to meet with him immediately.
(b) Yes, but Doctor Rand is early and waits in the hall for him.
(c) Yes, Doctor Rand goes directly to the study to meet with him.
(d) No, Torvald is surprised and doesn't want to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
2. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
3. Besides her children and husband, who else does Nora buy gifts for?
4. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
5. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)