|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krogstad ask Nora to do for him?
(a) let him come to Christmas dinner to plead his case to her husband
(b) tell her husband not to hire Mrs. Linde at the bank
(c) give him a large payment to finish paying off the debt
(d) influence her husband to let him keep his job at the bank
2. What is Nora going to the costume ball as?
(a) a Neapolitan fisher-girl
(b) a Corsican peasant
(c) a Sicilian dancing girl
(d) a Genoan farmgirl
3. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
(a) for financial security
(b) because she needed an escape from her home
(c) for love
(d) because she was pregnant
4. Why does Torvald not want to spend money?
(a) He thinks money is a corrupting influence on the children.
(b) He wants to save their money to take a trip.
(c) They won't actually have more money for a quarter of a year.
(d) He wants to save up all their money for the future.
5. How are the children feeling on Christmas Day?
(a) thrilled and distracted with their Christmas presents
(b) ill with worry over the "stranger man"
(c) so tired that they cannot play with their presents
(d) upset because their mother isn't with them
6. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
7. Who has Mrs. Linde had to support?
(a) her mother and two younger brothers
(b) her grandmother and two nephews
(c) her mother, brother, and sister
(d) her mother and aunt
8. What does Mrs. Linde say her husband left her monetarily?
(a) money in trust
(c) a large legacy
(d) a small legacy
9. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
(a) Torvald is going to earn a large salary.
(b) She thinks they can borrow indefinitely.
(c) She is going to inherit money.
(d) She plans on winning money gambling.
10. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
(b) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
(c) pretending they're having an affair
(d) repossessing all her belongings
11. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
(a) Her father died soon after, anyway.
(b) Krogstad is a criminal.
(c) Her motive was to save her husband's life.
(d) No one can prove the signature was forged.
12. What does Nora say will happen if the loan comes to light?
(a) Torvald will leave her.
(b) Torvald will pay off the loan.
(c) Torvald and her will be destitute.
(d) Torvald will never trust her again.
13. What does Nora ask for at first, when Torvald asks what he should get her?
(b) a new dress
(c) an expensive bracelet
(d) a new pot
14. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
(b) twice a week
(d) every month
15. What does Nora finally ask Torvald for as a Christmas present?
(b) a dance
(d) a dinner together
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Nora points out about the things she's bought?
2. Who did Krogstad see walking with Torvald?
3. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
4. What brings Torvald out of his study?
5. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)