|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nora check if her husband is in?
(a) She looks for his coat.
(b) She goes to look for him.
(c) She listens at the study door.
(d) She checks if his key is in the hall.
2. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
(a) Her father died soon after, anyway.
(b) Krogstad is a criminal.
(c) Her motive was to save her husband's life.
(d) No one can prove the signature was forged.
3. How does Torvald say he felt when Nora was busy for three weeks?
(a) Things were calm and relaxing without her.
(b) He was relieved to not have to worry about what she was doing.
(c) He was sad to be away from her.
(d) Things were dull without her.
4. How does Nora say Mrs. Linde looks?
(a) more tired but happier
(b) thinner and paler
(c) younger but sadder
(d) plumper and darker
5. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
(a) Since Mrs. Linde will be an employee, it's inappropriate for her to be there.
(b) Torvald has taken a dislike to Mrs. Linde.
(c) Torvald will be jealous she's spending time with Mrs. Linde.
(d) Torvald hates to see dressmaking.
6. Where does Nora send her children so she can talk to Krogstad?
(a) up to their rooms
(b) to wrap Christmas presents
(c) outside to play
(d) to the nurse
7. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
(b) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
(c) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
(d) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
8. What is Torvald's real reason for wanting to fire Krogstad?
(a) He believes Krogstad is immoral.
(b) Krogstad has slovenly habits and is tardy to work.
(c) Krogstad knows a secret about Torvald's past.
(d) Krogstad is too familiar and friendly with him in public.
9. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
(a) He committed an "indiscretion" and then could find no work.
(b) He went to jail and then could find no work.
(c) He was too ill to hold down a normal job.
(d) He was in debt and needed extra money.
10. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
(b) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
(c) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
(d) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
11. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
(a) Torvald believes in borrowing money whenever you need it.
(b) Torvald is against any borrowing whatsoever.
(c) Torvald believes you should only borrow money in a true emergency.
(d) Torvald believes you should only borrow money if you know you can pay it back quickly.
12. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
(a) the maid
(b) Mrs. Linde
(d) Doctor Rand
13. What does Nora say about the doll bed she's bought for her daughter, Emmy?
(a) Emmy will now have a pair of doll's beds.
(b) Emmy will soon break it.
(c) Emmy will never guess what it is.
(d) Emmy will be thrilled with it.
14. How long were they gone?
(a) one year
(b) three months
(c) two years
(d) six months
15. What does Krogstad ask Nora to do for him?
(a) give him a large payment to finish paying off the debt
(b) influence her husband to let him keep his job at the bank
(c) tell her husband not to hire Mrs. Linde at the bank
(d) let him come to Christmas dinner to plead his case to her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Torvald make money at his previous profession?
2. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
3. How did Mrs. Linde travel to the area?
4. What does Nora ask the maid to bring to her after Krogstad has left?
5. What does Torvald give to the maid after his conversation with Nora about Krogstad?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)