|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora tell Krogstad about how Mrs. Linde got the job at the bank?
(a) Nora says she had nothing to do with how Mrs. Linde got the job.
(b) Nora says Mrs. Linde got the job because of her qualifications.
(c) Nora says that she influenced her husband to give Mrs. Linde the job.
(d) Nora says Mrs. Linde got the job because she is in dire need.
2. What reason does Nora give for wanting Krogstad to keep his job?
(a) She says Krogstad writes for papers and could spread rumors and bad publicity.
(b) She says Krogstad is a distant relative of her father's.
(c) She says the reason is a secret, but that Torvald must take her seriously.
(d) She says Krogstad is in dire need of money and she's afraid what might happen to his children.
3. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
(a) No, but Nora used to know Mrs. Linde.
(b) Yes, but it takes a moment for Nora to recognize her.
(c) No, Nora never met Mrs. Linde before.
(d) Yes, Nora recognizes her right away.
4. What does Nora finally ask Torvald for as a Christmas present?
(a) a dinner together
(d) a dance
5. What led Krogstad into questionable businesses?
(a) He was in debt and needed extra money.
(b) He committed an "indiscretion" and then could find no work.
(c) He went to jail and then could find no work.
(d) He was too ill to hold down a normal job.
6. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
7. Who does Nora say she wants to come help her with the costumes?
(b) the maid
(c) Mrs. Linde
(d) Doctor Rand
8. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
(a) Doctor Rank said Torvald was always healthy, but Mrs. Linde knows he's been ill.
(b) Doctor Rank said Krogstad was morally corrupt, but Mrs. Linde knows he's a good person.
(c) Doctor Rank said he'd heard Mrs. Linde mentioned many times, but Torvald seemed not to have heard of her.
(d) Doctor Rank said Torvald was happy about his position at the bank, but Torvald seemed upset about it.
9. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
(a) Torvald hates to see dressmaking.
(b) Torvald has taken a dislike to Mrs. Linde.
(c) Torvald will be jealous she's spending time with Mrs. Linde.
(d) Since Mrs. Linde will be an employee, it's inappropriate for her to be there.
10. What idea does Mrs. Linde inadvertently put into Nora's head?
(a) to ask Doctor Rank to take responsibility for the false signature
(b) to steal the incriminating paper from Krogstad
(c) to ask Doctor Rank to help her pay off her debt
(d) to claim Krogstad took unfair advantage of her
11. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
(a) Her father died soon after, anyway.
(b) Her motive was to save her husband's life.
(c) No one can prove the signature was forged.
(d) Krogstad is a criminal.
12. How does Nora say Mrs. Linde looks?
(a) more tired but happier
(b) younger but sadder
(c) thinner and paler
(d) plumper and darker
13. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
(a) a paper releasing him from all liability
(b) a bond for the money
(c) a contract obliging her to keep the transaction secret
(d) a contract with her house as security
14. How does Nora check if her husband is in?
(a) She goes to look for him.
(b) She listens at the study door.
(c) She checks if his key is in the hall.
(d) She looks for his coat.
15. What does Nora want Mrs. Linde's help with?
(a) deciding what to wear to the costume ball
(b) distracting Torvald while Nora does a secret errand
(c) coming up with a plan to protect her from Krogstad
(d) repairing her dress for the costume ball
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nora actually doing, while Torvald thought she was making presents the past Christmas?
2. How long has Krogstad known Torvald?
3. What does Nora threaten to throw Krogstad out of the house for?
4. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
5. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)