|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's attitude toward her children?
2. How long were they gone?
(a) two years
(b) six months
(c) one year
(d) three months
3. What made Torvald ill?
(a) an accident
(c) a genetic disease
(d) a harsh, cold winter
4. What conclusion does Mrs. Linde jump to about Doctor Rank?
(a) She presumes Doctor Rank is Nora's imaginary rich admirer.
(b) She presumes Doctor Rank has shady business affairs with Torvald.
(c) She presumes Doctor Rank is prejudiced against Krogstad out of jealousy.
(d) She presumes Doctor Rank is a blackmailer.
5. Why does Mrs. Linde come by Nora's house?
(a) Nora had come by Mrs. Linde's home asking for her.
(b) Mrs. Linde wanted to ask Nora about Krogstad.
(c) Mrs. Linde wanted to thank Nora for helping her get a job.
(d) Mrs. Linde was concerned that Nora might be unwell.
6. What does Krogstad ask Nora to do for him?
(a) give him a large payment to finish paying off the debt
(b) influence her husband to let him keep his job at the bank
(c) tell her husband not to hire Mrs. Linde at the bank
(d) let him come to Christmas dinner to plead his case to her husband
7. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
(a) Doctor Rank said Torvald was always healthy, but Mrs. Linde knows he's been ill.
(b) Doctor Rank said Krogstad was morally corrupt, but Mrs. Linde knows he's a good person.
(c) Doctor Rank said he'd heard Mrs. Linde mentioned many times, but Torvald seemed not to have heard of her.
(d) Doctor Rank said Torvald was happy about his position at the bank, but Torvald seemed upset about it.
8. How does Mrs. Linde feel about her husband?
(a) She is angry at him for leaving her nothing.
(b) She sometimes misses him terribly and sometimes is glad he's gone.
(c) She has no sorrow at his death.
(d) She misses him horribly.
9. What is Torvald's real reason for wanting to fire Krogstad?
(a) Krogstad knows a secret about Torvald's past.
(b) He believes Krogstad is immoral.
(c) Krogstad is too familiar and friendly with him in public.
(d) Krogstad has slovenly habits and is tardy to work.
10. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
11. How long has Krogstad known Torvald?
(a) since their student days
(b) for a year and a half
(c) for six months
(d) since Torvald became involved in the bank
12. How often does Doctor Rank visit?
(b) twice a week
(d) every month
13. What is Nora's relationship with her children's nurse?
(a) Nora hired the nurse when she had her third child.
(b) Nora hired the nurse when she had her first child.
(c) The nurse was Nora's nurse when she was young.
(d) Nora knew the nurse when Nora was a teenager.
14. What happened to the nurse's own daughter?
(a) The nurse gave her daughter up for adoption.
(b) The nurse's daughter died during childbirth.
(c) The nurse's daughter was raised by its grandparents.
(d) The nurse's daughter died during childhood.
15. What does Krogstad compare falsifying the signature to?
(a) Krogstad compares Nora's crime to his own.
(b) Krogstad compares Nora's crime to a starving boy stealing bread.
(c) Krogstad compares Nora's crime to a child breaking a toy.
(d) Krogstad compares Nora's crime to a raccoon breaking into a kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
2. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
3. How many children does Mrs. Linde have?
4. What brings Torvald out of his study?
5. What does Nora threaten to throw Krogstad out of the house for?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)