Short Answer Key
Act 1 Part 1
1. When Nora first comes home, what does she ask her maid Helen to hide?
a Christmas tree
2. How does Nora check if her husband is in?
She listens at the study door.
3. What is Nora's attitude toward the porter who helps her with her purchases?
4. Which of the following does Torvald NOT call Nora?
5. What brings Torvald out of his study?
worry over what Nora has bought
6. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
7. How does Torvald describe Nora's spending?
8. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
Torvald is going to earn a large salary.
9. Why does Torvald not want to spend money?
They won't actually have more money for a quarter of a year.
10. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
This section contains 2,594 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)