|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nora say she is sending Mrs. Linde away when Torvald comes back?
(a) Torvald will be jealous she's spending time with Mrs. Linde.
(b) Torvald hates to see dressmaking.
(c) Torvald has taken a dislike to Mrs. Linde.
(d) Since Mrs. Linde will be an employee, it's inappropriate for her to be there.
2. What does Nora want Mrs. Linde's help with?
(a) repairing her dress for the costume ball
(b) distracting Torvald while Nora does a secret errand
(c) coming up with a plan to protect her from Krogstad
(d) deciding what to wear to the costume ball
3. Where does Nora initially tell Mrs. Linde she got the money for the trip?
(a) from her sister
(b) from her father
(c) from doing odd jobs
(d) from a moneylender
4. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
(a) She is going to inherit money.
(b) She plans on winning money gambling.
(c) Torvald is going to earn a large salary.
(d) She thinks they can borrow indefinitely.
5. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
(a) repossessing all her belongings
(b) calling in the loan and forcing her into bankruptcy
(c) pretending they're having an affair
(d) telling Torvald that Nora owes him money
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
2. How long ago did Mrs. Linde's husband die?
3. How long were they gone?
4. What is Nora's attitude toward the porter who helps her with her purchases?
5. Why did Mrs. Linde marry her husband?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)