Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3 Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inconsistency did Mrs. Linde notice in what Doctor Rank said?
(a) Doctor Rank said Torvald was happy about his position at the bank, but Torvald seemed upset about it.
(b) Doctor Rank said Krogstad was morally corrupt, but Mrs. Linde knows he's a good person.
(c) Doctor Rank said he'd heard Mrs. Linde mentioned many times, but Torvald seemed not to have heard of her.
(d) Doctor Rank said Torvald was always healthy, but Mrs. Linde knows he's been ill.
2. Why does Mrs. Linde come by Nora's house?
(a) Nora had come by Mrs. Linde's home asking for her.
(b) Mrs. Linde wanted to thank Nora for helping her get a job.
(c) Mrs. Linde was concerned that Nora might be unwell.
(d) Mrs. Linde wanted to ask Nora about Krogstad.
3. Why does Mrs. Linde want to meet Krogstad at Nora's house?
(a) so he doesn't know where she lives
(b) so Nora will be nearby
(c) to have privacy
(d) so Torvald will be nearby
4. What perplexes Nora about the law?
(a) that she could be condemned for saving her husband and sparing her father
(b) that the law is selective in what crimes it prosecutes
(c) that the law can be used by the wicked to advance their own needs and injure the innocent
(d) that Krogstad would not be condemned for his usury contract
5. Nora compares Torvald's relationship with her to her own relationship with whom?
(b) the maids
(c) the children
(d) Doctor Rank
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nora assures Torvald that she is well and that her mind is clear and certain, what does he say the only possible explanation can be?
2. What does Nora want Mrs. Linde's help with?
3. What is Torvald's attitude toward borrowing money?
4. What excuse does Nora give Doctor Rank about who has arrived?
5. What does Nora say Doctor Rank can pretend about her dancing?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)