|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work has Nora taken on to make ends meet?
(a) cleaning houses
(b) sewing and embroidery
(c) baking and cooking
(d) jewelry making
2. What simile does Torvald use to describe how he will protect Nora?
(a) He says he will protect her like a wounded deer saved from a hunter's arrow.
(b) He says he will protect her like a ground squirrel frightened by a bird of prey's shadow.
(c) He says he will protect her like a baby chick fallen from a nest.
(d) He says he will protect her like a hunted dove saved from a hawk's claws.
3. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
(a) a contract obliging her to keep the transaction secret
(b) a contract with her house as security
(c) a paper releasing him from all liability
(d) a bond for the money
4. What reason does Nora give for wanting Krogstad to keep his job?
(a) She says Krogstad is in dire need of money and she's afraid what might happen to his children.
(b) She says Krogstad is a distant relative of her father's.
(c) She says Krogstad writes for papers and could spread rumors and bad publicity.
(d) She says the reason is a secret, but that Torvald must take her seriously.
5. Why isn't Nora worried about Krogstad?
(a) She believes that Krogstad has a good heart.
(b) She knows that she could have Krogstad arrested.
(c) She knows a secret Krogstad doesn't want her to reveal.
(d) She expects to be able to pay off the debt easily in the new year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Torvald carrying when he exits the study?
2. What does Krogstad say he will do with the bond?
3. Where does Krogstad put the document he's brought?
4. What does Nora pretend was Rank's father's sin?
5. What does Nora tell Torvald to do, after they've discussed Doctor Rank's impending death?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)