|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torvald try to cheer up Nora?
(a) by giving her a kiss
(b) by giving her a ring
(c) by giving her money
(d) by dancing with her
2. What lie does Nora tell Torvald?
(a) She says she hasn't promised the children anything.
(b) She says she hasn't eaten any sweets.
(c) She says she hasn't bought him a present.
(d) She says she hasn't gotten a Christmas tree.
3. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
(a) a contract with her house as security
(b) a paper releasing him from all liability
(c) a bond for the money
(d) a contract obliging her to keep the transaction secret
4. Why does Krogstad want his job at the bank?
(a) He wants to be in a position to embezzle money.
(b) He needs a job as cover, so he's not suspected of moneylending.
(c) He wants a respectable job to redeem himself.
(d) He wants to show Mrs. Linde that he has a decent job.
5. What does Krogstad ask Nora about Mrs. Linde?
(a) whether she has mentioned him to Nora
(b) whether Torvald is giving her a job at the bank
(c) whether she is staying in town long
(d) whether she is a widow
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Nora points out about the things she's bought?
2. What does Nora think Krogstad is threatening her with?
3. For Nora, what will having "heaps and heaps of money" mean?
4. Where did Nora and Torvald travel to cure Torvald's illness?
5. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)