|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nora believe what she did was not a crime?
(a) Krogstad is a criminal.
(b) No one can prove the signature was forged.
(c) Her father died soon after, anyway.
(d) Her motive was to save her husband's life.
2. Does Nora recognize Mrs. Linde?
(a) No, but Nora used to know Mrs. Linde.
(b) Yes, but it takes a moment for Nora to recognize her.
(c) Yes, Nora recognizes her right away.
(d) No, Nora never met Mrs. Linde before.
3. Why did Torvald leave his office when he married Nora?
(a) Torvald wanted more free time.
(b) Torvald objected to the way the firm was run.
(c) Torvald needed the possibility of advancement.
(d) Nora hated his job and wanted him to leave it.
4. Did Nora write to Mrs. Linde when her husband died?
(a) Yes, but Nora put it off and wrote her months later.
(b) No, Nora never thought to write.
(c) Yes, Nora wrote her right away.
(d) No, but Nora meant to write.
5. What did Nora sign to get the loan from Krogstad?
(a) a contract with her house as security
(b) a paper releasing him from all liability
(c) a bond for the money
(d) a contract obliging her to keep the transaction secret
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Linde feel about her husband?
2. What brings Torvald out of his study?
3. For Nora, what will having "heaps and heaps of money" mean?
4. What does Nora ask for at first, when Torvald asks what he should get her?
5. Why does Nora think they can spend more money?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)