|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fight do Gertie's children get into in chapter sixteen?
2. What mistake does Gertie make related to Easter?
(a) Buys Clovis a present which he dislikes
(b) Refuses to celebrate Easter
(c) Tries to shop on Good Friday
(d) Buys too much candy for her family
3. Who leaves the complex in chapter 31?
4. Why does Clovis refrain from going outside?
(a) Always working on the dolls
(b) No money for clothes
5. What gift had Gertie taken to the Dalys to give to Maggie?
(a) Head of an infant
(b) Block of cherry wood
(d) Hand-carved bird
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertie dream of in Chapter 28?
2. Which character's children had his or her tonsils out and were watched afterward by Gertie?
3. What happens to the union leader who wants to go on strike?
4. Which of the following bothers Gertie more and more every day?
5. Which of the following words best describes what the main activities were which filled Christmas Day for Gertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the snowball fight between Gertie's children and the Dalys' children?
2. Describe the scene Gertie witnessed between the Daly and Meanwell children.
3. When Gertie helps Mrs. Anderson by watching her children, one runs away. While Gertie is searching for him, what does she pass that reminds her of Cassie?
4. What happens to Clovis at work one night?
5. On what does Clovis blame that exhausts all of Gertie's savings to pay for Cassie's funeral?
6. Describe an incident of irony regarding Clovis and Gertie and Tipton Place.
7. When Gertie tells Clovis that her mother said that she should not buy Tipton Place, what does Clovis say which surprises Gertie?
8. What is Clovis complaining about after he comes home from a very bad day at work?
9. Why does Sophronie ask Gertie to watch her children after they had their tonsils out?
10. How does Clovis attempt to make Gertie feel better after Cassie's death?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)