|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Cassie feels about school?
(b) Constant anticipation
2. What does Gertie have to help the children get into for their first day of school?
(b) Taxi cab
3. Which of the following is the medical procedure which Gertie performed on Amos?
(d) Cardiopulmonary Resusitation
4. On what topic does Mrs. Bales' argue with more than one person about?
(a) City living
5. Which of the following jobs does Joe hold?
(c) Cab driver
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gertie direct the mule into the path of the car?
2. Where do Gertie and the children move?
3. Why is Gertie traveling into town?
4. What does Gertie carve for Cassie on the walk to her parent's house?
5. For what was Gertie's mother thankful to Gertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reuben say when Gertie tells him of her hope to have their own farm?
2. Why doesn't Gertie tell her husband that she performed the surgery?
3. What symbol is used to demonstrate the differences between Gertie and Clovis in chapter five?
4. What happens to the children as Gertie's mother describes the possible life in Detroit?
5. Who else, besides Amos, has the doctor treated that Gertie knows?
6. What does the doctor immediately realize that Amos has?
7. How does the author let the reader know that the car is something the townspeople fear?
8. What is evident that both Clovis and Gertie share?
9. When does Clovis tell Gertie she will have regular money?
10. At the beginning of chapter ten, Gertie awakens from a dream about what?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)