|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clovis want Gertie to make Cassie do?
(a) Stop talking to her imaginary friend
(b) Cleaning for the family and neighbors
(c) Cooking for the family
(d) Go to school regularly
2. Into what interest has Clytie become absorbed?
(a) School plays
(b) Radio dramas
(c) Reuben's fights
(d) Clovis's work
3. On what does Clovis compliment Gertie?
(a) Ability to cook
(b) Ability to carve
(c) Ability to save
(d) Ability to care for the children
4. What does Mrs. Daly tell Gertie that she thinks Clovis is doing when he is angry and throws the pan out into the snow?
(b) Abusing Gertie
(c) Ruining her life
(d) Venting his frustrations over his shift change
5. Who leaves the complex in chapter 31?
6. When Gertie quotes from the Bible about drinking, which is the main message?
(a) Drinking is good
(b) Drinking is wrong
(c) People drink to hide their misery
(d) People drink to get away from their spouses
7. With what do the Meanwell and Daly children play?
(a) Toy cars and trucks
(c) Wooden blocks which remind Gertie of her carvings
(d) Garden hose
8. Which of the following words best describes what the main activities were which filled Christmas Day for Gertie?
9. How many children do the Dalys have before Mrs. Daly gives birth to the new baby girl?
10. Which of the following words does NOT describe how Clovis feels after he is beaten?
11. Whose kids' Christmas presents does Gertie allow to be hid in her house?
(b) No one's
12. Which word best describes how injured Clovis is when he is beaten?
13. To which organization does Clovis belong?
(b) Funeral directors
14. According to Clovis, why had Gertie's mother allowed her to marry Clovis?
(a) Because Henley was big enough to take over Gertie's workload
(b) Because Clovis and Henley were friendly
(c) Because Clovis gave Gertie's family money for her
(d) Because Clovis had ambition and funds
15. What mistake does Gertie make related to Easter?
(a) Buys Clovis a present which he dislikes
(b) Buys too much candy for her family
(c) Refuses to celebrate Easter
(d) Tries to shop on Good Friday
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Gertie find out leads a double life?
2. Which of the following seems to be the most logical reason as to why Gertie would agree to accept money for chores when it would upset Clovis?
3. Why did Cassie's teacher say she sent the note home?
4. Which power tool iss added to the jigsaw to increase efficiency at making the dolls?
5. Where does Cassie go when she runs away?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)