|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following bothers Gertie more and more every day?
(a) Telling lies
(b) Mr. Daly's preaching about the Catholics
(c) Clovis's scars
(d) Labor relations
2. Which of the following does not interrupt Gertie's dream?
(a) Clytie who tells her the grocer is giving them credit
(b) Callie Lou talking to Gertie
(c) The roar of a passing train
(d) Enoch asking for money to plant some grass and flowers
3. About what topic does Mr. Daly continue to argue with the residents of the complex?
(a) Catholic church
(b) Door-to-door pedaling
(c) Labor relations
(d) Life and death
4. Whom does Mr. Daly say uses the Constitution to defend their actions?
5. With what does Mr. Daly bully Enoch?
(a) Police calls
(b) School threats
(c) Talk of stealing
(d) Talk about religion
6. What does Enoch say about the dolls which upsets and bothers Gertie?
(a) They are hand carved
(b) They are unique
(c) They will not be made any longer and therefore are rare
(d) They are one of a kind
7. Which word best describes how injured Clovis is when he is beaten?
8. What does Mrs. Anderson complain about having to give up for her husband's career?
9. On what does Clovis compliment Gertie?
(a) Ability to cook
(b) Ability to carve
(c) Ability to save
(d) Ability to care for the children
10. What mistake does Gertie make related to Easter?
(a) Tries to shop on Good Friday
(b) Buys too much candy for her family
(c) Refuses to celebrate Easter
(d) Buys Clovis a present which he dislikes
11. How many children do the Dalys have before Mrs. Daly gives birth to the new baby girl?
12. Whose kids' Christmas presents does Gertie allow to be hid in her house?
(a) No one's
13. What does the train do to Cassie?
(a) Nothing, she is unharmed
(b) Cuts off her arms
(c) Cuts off her legs
(d) Crushes her chest
14. Why is Max called unAmerican by one of the neighbors?
(a) For not sharing with her neighbors
(b) For not celebrating Christmas
(c) For not spending enough money on presents
(d) For not wanting a new, big refrigerator
15. Which of her children does Gertie cling to after the loss of Cassie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the complex in chapter 31?
2. What happens to the union leader who wants to go on strike?
3. What does Victor want Gertie to do for him?
4. What does Mr. Daly accuse Gertie of doing as she tries to take her child back in the house after the fight?
5. Which power tool iss added to the jigsaw to increase efficiency at making the dolls?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)