|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's children had his or her tonsils out and were watched afterward by Gertie?
(c) Mr. Anderson
2. Which of the following seems to be the most logical reason as to why Gertie would agree to accept money for chores when it would upset Clovis?
(a) To pay off Clovis's debts
(b) To make Clovis leave her
(c) To save money to buy her farm
(d) To become friends with the neighbors
3. According to what Max tells Gertie, who controls Max's life and tells her how to live?
(b) The Daly's
(c) No one, she controls her own life
(d) Victor's mother
4. To whom does the youngest Meanwell girl talk?
(b) The Daly children
(d) Callie Lou
5. How many children do the Dalys have before Mrs. Daly gives birth to the new baby girl?
6. Which power tool iss added to the jigsaw to increase efficiency at making the dolls?
(b) Saber saw
(c) Miter saw
(d) Power sander
7. What kinds of food does Mrs. Anderson feed her children which would upset her husband?
(a) Pork products
(b) Fried foods
(c) Eggs and milk
(d) Candy and treats
8. Which of the following words best describes what the main activities were which filled Christmas Day for Gertie?
9. According to Clovis, why had Gertie's mother allowed her to marry Clovis?
(a) Because Clovis had ambition and funds
(b) Because Henley was big enough to take over Gertie's workload
(c) Because Clovis and Henley were friendly
(d) Because Clovis gave Gertie's family money for her
10. Whose kids' Christmas presents does Gertie allow to be hid in her house?
(c) No one's
11. To which organization does Clovis belong?
(b) Funeral directors
12. What causes tension within the apartment complex?
(a) The carving business
(b) Marital discord
(c) Labor relations
(d) Constant fights among the children
13. Who leaves the complex in chapter 31?
14. Which of the following characters wins the lottery?
(a) Mr. Daly
(c) Mrs. Anderson
15. What happens to Cassie at school which causes the other children to tease her and for her to become more withdrawn?
(a) Soiled herself
(b) Got into a fight with her classmates
(c) Spilled her food on herself
(d) Ran away from home
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does NOT describe how Clovis feels after he is beaten?
2. Into what interest has Clytie become absorbed?
3. What kind of scheme does Clovis blame for using Gertie's savings?
4. What does Enoch build with scrap lumber?
5. What did Clytie feel left out about with her friends from school?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)