|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gertie and the children move?
(a) Back to their original home
(b) Tipton Place
2. Which of the children could be described using the term prissy?
3. What animal did Reuben kill when hunting?
(d) Mountain lion
4. Why are the children quarrelsome at the end of chapter five?
(a) They are excited
(b) They are bored
(c) They are tired
(d) They are afraid
5. What is the family rule regarding Sundays?
(a) Always stay together
(b) Never visit on this day
(c) No hunting
(d) Always go to church
6. What does Mrs. Bales say she sees in the block of cherry wood?
(a) A woman
7. How often has Gertie been to the doctor?
(a) Many times
8. On what did Gertie spend Henley's money?
(d) Tipton Place
9. Why does Gertie vomit?
(a) The unfamiliar feeling, sights and smells of the train
(b) Did not want to go to Detroit
(c) Nerves from traveling with the children
10. Why are many of the women waiting in town?
(a) Because they are unable to drive
(b) For the mail which is late
(c) To buy groceries
(d) To talk and gossip
11. Which of the following animals does Gertie carve in Detroit?
12. Which of the following is the medical procedure which Gertie performed on Amos?
(a) Cardiopulmonary Resusitation
13. Which of the following appliances gives Gertie considerable trouble?
(a) Gas stove
(c) Washing machine
14. Why did Gertie go out to start the truck?
(a) Clovis is unable to drive
(b) Clovis forgot his wallet upstairs
(c) Gertie wanted to get away from Clovis
(d) Clovis wanted to kiss he children goodbye
15. Which of the children has difficulty reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clytie think Clovis has gone?
2. Which of the following words best describes how the cab driver responds to the excitement of Gertie's children?
3. Which of the children has a similar dream to Gertie's of living on a farm?
4. What derogatory term do the people in the train station call Gertie?
5. For what was Gertie's mother thankful to Gertie?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)