|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38 and 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Anderson complain about having to give up for her husband's career?
2. Which of the following characters is the main character?
(a) Gertie Nevels
(b) Clovis Nevels
(c) Amos Nevels
(d) Cassie Nevels
3. Which of the following words does NOT describe how Clovis feels after he is beaten?
4. Why were the police looking for Enoch?
(a) To pay him for a doll
(b) To take him away from Gertie
(c) To arrest him for vandalism
(d) To talk to him about a school event
5. Why does Clovis refrain from going outside?
(b) No money for clothes
(c) Always working on the dolls
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertie dream of in Chapter 28?
2. How does Gertie appear to handle behavioral issues that arise with the children?
3. Which of the following best describes Flint?
4. How did Clovis get his job?
5. Why are many of the women waiting in town?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)