|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what do the Meanwell and Daly children play?
(b) Toy cars and trucks
(c) Garden hose
(d) Wooden blocks which remind Gertie of her carvings
2. What happened to all of Gertie's savings?
(a) Paid for funeral, casket and headstone
(b) Paid for funeral and casket
(c) Paid for hospital bills, funeral and casket
(d) Clovis put it in the bank to keep saving money
3. Why does Clytie say that Clovis is angry and throws the pan out into the snow?
(b) Ruining her life
(c) Venting his frustrations over his shift change
(d) Abusing Gertie
4. When does Gertie find the time to do most of her carving?
(a) Never, she rarely gets to carve anymore
(b) Early in the morning
(c) Late at night
(d) In the middle of the day
5. Where does Gertie move?
(a) Her mother-in-law's house
(b) In with Old John
(c) Her mother's house
(d) Into Tipton Place
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character carves like Gertie does?
2. Who reassures Gertie that Clovis is okay?
3. Why did Cassie's teacher say she sent the note home?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the other children treated the one child who had difficulty reading?
5. On what did Gertie spend Henley's money?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)