|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a climactic reversal of fortune?
(a) Gertie wondering where Clovis is and when she will be able to buy the Tipton Place
(b) Old John's preliminary agreement to sell the place
(c) Mother's manipulating Gertie into going into the city
(d) Cassie's difficulty learning to read
2. How many children do the Dalys have before Mrs. Daly gives birth to the new baby girl?
3. What happens to the union leader who wants to go on strike?
(a) Moved out of the country
(d) Beaten Up
4. Why does Gertie vomit?
(a) The unfamiliar feeling, sights and smells of the train
(b) Nerves from traveling with the children
(d) Did not want to go to Detroit
5. What does Gertie carve for Cassie on the walk to her parent's house?
(a) A small cat
(b) A small dog
(c) A small bird
(d) A small doll
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Daly throw into Mrs. Bales' face?
2. Who leaves the complex in chapter 31?
3. What besides a letter has Clovis sent to Gertie?
4. Why is Gertie in a somewhat drug induced stupor?
5. Why did Gertie go out to start the truck?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)