|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What put Clovis in a good mood at the end of chapter 23?
(a) Finding a note from Reuben
(b) Gertie cooking a fine meal on the new stove
(c) Getting a pay raise
(d) Winning the lottery
2. What does Clovis say he needs before he can meet with Cassie's teacher?
(a) A new suit
(b) New shoes
(c) A day off of work
(d) A new white shirt
3. Why does Gertie direct the mule into the path of the car?
(a) To make the car crash
(b) She could not control the mule
(c) To try to kill herself
(d) To make them stop to help
4. Where does Cassie go when she runs away?
(a) Neighbor's house
(b) Railroad tracks
5. Which of the following characters is now a prisoner of war?
(b) Clovis's father
Short Answer Questions
1. How often has Gertie been to the doctor?
2. What question does Gertie ask Joe?
3. What does Clytie tell Cassie people are making fun of her?
4. Which of the following terms best describes Reuben as the new school term begins?
5. On what topic does Mrs. Bales' argue with more than one person about?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)