|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Cassie feels about school?
(c) Constant anticipation
2. What is the family rule regarding Sundays?
(a) Never visit on this day
(b) Always stay together
(c) No hunting
(d) Always go to church
3. When does Clovis leave for his physical?
(a) Right at sunrise
(b) In the middle of the afternoon
(c) Right at sunset
(d) In the middle of the night
4. Why does Gertie read to her children from the Bible during chapter three?
(a) To provide them with religious instruction
(b) To teach them how to read
(c) Because it is the only book they own
(d) To help them get over their grief for Henley
5. What kind of officer is in the car that stops before hitting Gertie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertie dream of carving?
2. What besides a letter has Clovis sent to Gertie?
3. Which of the children has difficulty reading?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how the other children treated the one child who had difficulty reading?
5. Into what interest has Clytie become absorbed?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)