|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes the joy out of his hunting triumph for Reuben?
(a) Getting yelled at for hunting on Sunday
(b) Knowing his father is not there to see it
(c) Remembering Henley is dead
(d) Getting in trouble for shooting it illegally
2. Why does Gertie read to her children from the Bible during chapter three?
(a) Because it is the only book they own
(b) To teach them how to read
(c) To provide them with religious instruction
(d) To help them get over their grief for Henley
3. What does Gertie enjoy imagining?
(a) Life after her children are grown
(b) Henley still being alive
(c) Her life at Tipton Place
(d) Life for Clovis once he is in the Army
4. Whom is Clovis jealous of?
(a) Gertie's father
5. Who does Gertie compare Henley to when describing him to Cassie?
(b) Gertie's mother
(d) Gertie's father
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Callie Lou?
2. Which of the children has difficulty reading?
3. What happened to the shaving strop?
4. How much money did Gertie inherit?
5. Which word best describes the officer's feelings for Gertie before she preformed the medical procedure on Amos?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)