|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gertie's mother say Henley is?
(b) Away on a trip
(d) In a better place
2. What frightens Cassie while they are at Gertie's parent's house?
(a) Gertie's father's accident
(b) Gertie's crying
(c) Gertie's mother yelling
(d) Henley's presence
3. Who does Gertie's mother say leads Henley into heathenism?
(b) No one
(d) Gertie's father
4. Why does Gertie direct the mule into the path of the car?
(a) To make the car crash
(b) To make them stop to help
(c) She could not control the mule
(d) To try to kill herself
5. How much does Gertie offer to pay the officer for the ride?
(a) One dollar
(b) Five dollars
(c) Two dollars
(d) Ten dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family rule regarding Sundays?
2. What does Henley leave to Gertie in his will?
3. Which of the following is the medical procedure which Gertie performed on Amos?
4. Which of the following characters is the main character?
5. Which of the following is not something Gertie's mother talks about in the sitting room with Gertie?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)