|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henley leave to Gertie in his will?
(a) His copy of the Bible
(c) All his money
(d) His favorite pocket knife
2. Which of the following words best describes how Gertie feels once she is at the doctor's office?
3. What does Gertie dream of carving?
(a) A man
(b) A cradle
(c) A wooden cane
(d) A cane
4. Which of the following is not something Gertie's mother talks about in the sitting room with Gertie?
(a) Disappointment in Gertie
(b) How proud she is of Gertie
(c) Faith in the Bible
(d) Ill health
5. Who does Gertie's mother say leads Henley into heathenism?
(a) Gertie's father
(b) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Gertie's mother thankful to Gertie?
2. Which word best describes the officer's feelings for Gertie before she preformed the medical procedure on Amos?
3. How often has Gertie been to the doctor?
4. What does Gertie hope to buy one day?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for tongue-tied?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)