|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gertie dream of carving?
(a) A cane
(b) A man
(c) A wooden cane
(d) A cradle
2. Which of the following is the best definition for tongue-tied?
(a) Tongue is to big for the mouth
(c) Unable to speak from shyness or embarrassment
(d) Unwilling to speak due to orders or commands
3. Who is Callie Lou?
(a) Invisible friend
(b) Gertie's sister
(c) Daughter to Gertie
(d) Clovis's mother
4. For what was Gertie's mother thankful to Gertie?
(a) Helping to cook the meal for the preacher
(b) Hard work on the farm as a girl
(c) Helping her father in the workshop
(d) Visiting on Sundays
5. What is the main character's life-long dream?
(a) To be wealthy
(b) To own her own farm
(c) To live near the beach
(d) To never have to work again
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertie carve for Cassie on the walk to her parent's house?
2. What is the family rule regarding Sundays?
3. Who does Gertie's mother say leads Henley into heathenism?
4. What frightens Cassie while they are at Gertie's parent's house?
5. What kind of officer is in the car that stops before hitting Gertie?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)