|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following seems to be the most logical reason as to why Gertie would agree to accept money for chores when it would upset Clovis?
(a) To pay off Clovis's debts
(b) To make Clovis leave her
(c) To save money to buy her farm
(d) To become friends with the neighbors
2. Which of the following characters is now a prisoner of war?
(d) Clovis's father
3. From what type of wood does she want to use to carve the man?
4. Which of her children does Gertie cling to after the loss of Cassie?
5. Who reassures Gertie that Clovis is okay?
(a) The grocery store clerk
(c) The post office clerk
(d) Clovis' mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gertie direct the mule into the path of the car?
2. Which of Gertie's children is involved in the fight with the Daly children which Gertie witnesses?
3. Which of the following characters wins the lottery?
4. What kind of scheme does Clovis blame for using Gertie's savings?
5. What does Clovis make for Gertie?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)