|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gertie leave many trees alone when she goes out for wood to make axe handles?
(a) To protect the property
(b) To provide shade
(c) To let them grow straight
(d) To use later to build a barn
2. Which of the following words describes Gertie's mother?
(b) Kind hearted
3. How long has Clovis been gone at the beginning of chapter six?
(a) One week
(b) One month
(c) One day
(d) One year
4. Which word does Gertie use to describe the type of carving Gertie does not do?
5. How did Gertie learn to read?
(a) She cannot read
(c) The Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. What besides a letter has Clovis sent to Gertie?
2. How much money did Gertie inherit?
3. How much does Gertie offer to pay the officer for the ride?
4. What does Gertie say she will use to whip the children?
5. Which character carves like Gertie does?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)