|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20, 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes Reuben as the new school term begins?
2. What derogatory term do the people in the train station call Gertie?
3. Which character carves like Gertie does?
(a) Callie Lou
(b) Gertie's father
(c) Gertie's mother
4. Why does Mr. Anderson begin to wear white shirts?
(a) To impress his wife
(b) To make the neighbors respect him
(c) To save on laundry costs
(d) To be like his boss
5. What question does Gertie ask Joe?
(a) How much are the vegetables?
(b) Why doesn't your assistant speak English?
(c) How long would it take me to get home?
(d) How long did it take you to like your new life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Gertie and the children move?
2. Why is Gertie unable to work on the cherry block of wood?
3. What does Mrs. Bales say she sees in the block of cherry wood?
4. How does Gertie appear to handle behavioral issues that arise with the children?
5. Which of the following words best describes how the cab driver responds to the excitement of Gertie's children?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)