|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max ask for when he comes to Gertie?
(a) A place to stay
(b) A new husband
(c) A dream
(d) Lottery ticket
2. What does Clytie tell Cassie people are making fun of her?
(a) Because of her tattered clothing
(b) Because she is smaller than all of the other children
(c) Because she refuses to talk to other kids her own age
(d) Because of her imaginary friend
3. What type of fight do Gertie's children get into in chapter sixteen?
4. Which of the following is a climactic reversal of fortune?
(a) Cassie's difficulty learning to read
(b) Gertie wondering where Clovis is and when she will be able to buy the Tipton Place
(c) Mother's manipulating Gertie into going into the city
(d) Old John's preliminary agreement to sell the place
5. Why does Gertie's mother say Gertie betrayed Clovis?
(a) Gertie is keeping his children from him
(b) She bought Tipton Place
(c) Gertie did not move immediately to Detroit
(d) Gertie had an affair
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Clovis been gone at the beginning of chapter six?
2. What happens to Gertie's dream of living in Tipton Place by the end of chapter nine?
3. When Gertie quotes from the Bible about drinking, which is the main message?
4. Whose kids' Christmas presents does Gertie allow to be hid in her house?
5. With what do the Meanwell and Daly children play?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)