Chapters 1 and 2
1. Where does this story begin?
2. What is the main character's life-long dream?
(a) To be wealthy
(b) To live near the beach
(c) To never have to work again
(d) To own her own farm
3. Which of the following characters is the main character?
(a) Gertie Nevels
(b) Cassie Nevels
(c) Amos Nevels
(d) Clovis Nevels
4. How does Gertie travel at the beginning of chapter one?
5. Why is Gertie traveling into town?
(a) To rebuild a new life
(b) To find work
(c) Amos is close to dying
(d) To escape from her life
6. Why does Gertie direct the mule into the path of the car?
(a) To make the car crash
(b) To try to kill herself
(c) To make them stop to help
(d) She could not control the mule
7. What kind of officer is in the car that stops before hitting Gertie?
This section contains 4,117 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)