|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the librarian's hair described as in Chapter 14?
2. What does the librarian offer Zach, Alice, and Poppy to drink in Chapter 14?
3. What store in East Liverpool has "Final Sale" signs posted everywhere?
4. What is Alice's secret that Poppy reveals in Chapter 12?
5. What does Zach say to Alice to make her feel better in the end of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret of Alice’s is revealed by Poppy in Chapter 12? How does Zach respond?
2. How do Alice, Poppy, and Zach enter the library in Chapter 13?
3. Where does the librarian hold Alice, Poppy, and Zach while calling their parents?
4. What does Zach dream about in Chapter 13?
5. What does Zach discover from the plaque on the china display in Chapter 15?
6. What do Alice, Zach, and Poppy do at the library in Chapter 13?
7. How does Zach respond to the suggestion that the Duke of Deepwinter Barrow might be William the Blade’s father in Chapter 10?
8. What conflict breaks out between Alice and Poppy in Chapter 11? What happens as a result of the conflict?
9. How is the theme of hope illustrated in the ending of Doll Bones?
10. What does Alice discover in Zach’s backpack in Chapter 9? How does Zach react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of secrets in the novel. Who has secrets and what leads to the revelations of these secrets? What role do secrets play in driving the plot of the story forward? What symbolism supports this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Zach's father throw away Zach's action figures? How does Zach respond? What is symbolized through this action in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What inner conflicts does Alice face regarding the ghost of Eleanor being real? How does she cope with these conflicts? What does Zach tell Alice when he learns of her struggles?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)