|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Zach give the coach for not attending practice in Chapter 3?
2. What is Poppy's last name?
3. Where does Leo says Poppy is when he catches up with Zach and Alice in Chapter 3?
4. What creatures raised the character of Aurora in the children's game?
5. Where does Zach's dad work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What superstition does Poppy describe when the children pass the graveyard in Chapter 3?
2. How would you describe Zach’s mindset as he walks to school in Chapter 3?
3. What supplies does Zach gather to take on his journey in Chapter 5?
4. How does Zach respond when Alice suggests they play the game in Chapter 4?
5. How is Tinshoe Jones described? What does Tinshoe tell Alice, Poppy, and Zach?
6. How does Poppy justify going forward with the quest in Chapter 7?
7. What is related in Alice’s note to Zach in Chapter 4? How does Zach respond?
8. How does Poppy describe Eleanor Kerchner’s relationship to the Queen?
9. How does Zach justify going on the quest with Alice and Poppy in Chapter 6?
10. How would you describe the narrative perspective of Doll Bones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze Zach's actions, objectives, and obstacles when he tells Alice and Poppy he no longer wants to play the game. What does Zach hope to achieve by telling the girls this? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Zach's perceptions of adventures and quests versus the realities he faces on his own in the novel. How does Zach compare his discomforts to those of heroes in books? Do you think Zach's assessments are valid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do Alice, Poppy, and Zach become trapped in the library? What are the repercussions of their entrapment? How do they escape?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)