|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recurring nightmare of William the Blade's does Zach describe in his answers to Poppy's "Questions" in Chapter 2?
(a) Being buried alive.
(b) Falling from a tower.
(c) Being chased by snakes.
(d) Drowning at sea.
2. What does Tinshoe Jones say the bus driver is sometimes possessed by in Chapter 6?
3. What was the character Aurora portrayed by in the game?
(a) A Barbie doll.
(b) A Cabbage Patch Kid.
(c) A stuffed hamster.
(d) A porcelain baby doll.
4. What is Zachary's last name?
5. How long ago does the narrator say Zach's father moved out in Chapter 2?
(a) 3 years ago.
(b) 6 months ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
6. What is Zach's father's name?
7. What is the name of the black cat that Zach's family owns?
(a) The Party.
(b) The Saloon.
8. Who does Alice ask Poppy to call and come pick them up in Chapter 7?
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Williams.
9. What does Zachary's father call the town where they live?
(a) West of Nowhere, Pennsylvania.
(b) East of Nowhere, Ohio.
(c) West of Nowhere, Colorado.
(d) The Mojave of the Americas.
10. At what time is the bus to East Liverpool scheduled to stop in Zach's town in Chapter 5?
(a) 2:15 a.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 2:45 a.m.
(d) 12:45 a.m.
11. What do the children call the junkyard that specializes in metal near Zach's house?
(a) The Green Castle.
(b) The Silver Hills.
(c) The Knight's Circle.
(d) The Queen's Fortress.
12. How long ago does the narrator say Alice first brought her Lady Jaye doll into the game in Chapter 4?
(a) 6 months ago.
(b) 1 month ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 3 months ago.
13. Who claims to have intentionally stepped on cracks in order to break her mother's back in Chapter 3?
14. What does Poppy claim one should do when passing a cemetery in Chapter 3?
(c) Say a passage from the Bible.
(d) Hold their breath.
15. Where do Zach, Alice, and Poppy make camp for the night in Chapter 7?
(a) In a church.
(b) Behind the bus station.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Zach, Alice, and Poppy get off the bus before East Liverpool in Chapter 6?
2. What does Poppy's mother dream of doing with the Queen one day?
3. What does Tinshoe Jones compare Alice's hair to in Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of the town where Zach, Alice, and Poppy have gotten off the bus in Chapter 7?
5. How does Zach feel when he discovers his father has thrown out his action figures?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)