|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is East Liverpool located?
2. What does Eleanor's aunt claim children are in the dream Zach has in Chapter 8?
3. What musical band is from Liverpool, England?
(a) New Kids on the Block.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Birds.
(d) The Cure.
4. What does Zach do with Alice's note after reading it in Chapter 4?
(a) He gives it to Poppy.
(b) He tears it up.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He puts it in his backpack.
5. What do the children call the junkyard that specializes in metal near Zach's house?
(a) The Green Castle.
(b) The Silver Hills.
(c) The Queen's Fortress.
(d) The Knight's Circle.
6. For how long is Poppy to stay on watch before waking Zach at their campsite in Chapter 8?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
7. What does Poppy's mother dream of doing with the Queen one day?
(a) Selling it after going on Antiques Roadshow.
(b) Burning it.
(c) Burying it next to her mother's grave.
(d) Passing it down to Poppy.
8. What does Tinshoe Jones compare Alice's hair to in Chapter 6?
(a) Little ropes.
(b) Gold silk.
(d) Black satin.
9. Why do Zach, Alice, and Poppy get off the bus before East Liverpool in Chapter 6?
(a) Because Zach's mother calls him.
(b) Because they are frightened by Tinshoe Jones.
(c) Because the police arrest them.
(d) Because Alice decides to go home.
10. What book did Poppy ask Zach if he had read when they first met?
(a) Prince Caspian.
(b) The Hobbit.
(c) The Twits.
(d) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
11. How does Zach feel when he discovers his father has thrown out his action figures?
12. Where do Zach's maternal grandparents live?
13. How do Zach, Alice, and Poppy decide who will be the first one to keep watch on the bus in Chapter 6?
(a) They draw straws.
(b) They flip a coin.
(c) They have a staring contest.
(d) They play rock, paper, scissors.
14. Where did Zach's dad say he was going to run a restaurant when he left Zach's mother?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. Who tells Zach about seeing a deer while riding his dirt bike on the way to school in Chapter 2?
(a) Tom Bell.
(b) Nate Bell.
(c) Jack Smith.
(d) Kevin Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo says Poppy is when he catches up with Zach and Alice in Chapter 3?
2. How much money does Zach take with him when he goes to meet Poppy and Alice in Chapter 5?
3. Where does Zach's dad work?
4. Where does Leo's mother work?
5. What does Tinshoe Jones say the bus driver is sometimes possessed by in Chapter 6?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)