|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zach's father's name?
2. What excuse does Zach give the coach for not attending practice in Chapter 3?
(a) He says he's going out of town.
(b) He says his father died.
(c) He says his dog died.
(d) He says he's sick.
3. What is the name of Alice's aunt that tried gaining custody of Alice when she was younger?
4. Who tells Zach about seeing a deer while riding his dirt bike on the way to school in Chapter 2?
(a) Tom Bell.
(b) Kevin Lord.
(c) Nate Bell.
(d) Jack Smith.
5. What does Zach do with Alice's note after reading it in Chapter 4?
(a) He gives it to Poppy.
(b) He tears it up.
(c) He puts it in his backpack.
(d) He burns it.
6. What night of the week is it when Poppy and Alice awaken Zach in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunday night.
(b) Friday night.
(c) Monday night.
(d) Saturday night.
7. What color hair does Poppy have?
8. What does Tinshoe Jones compare Alice's hair to in Chapter 6?
(a) Little ropes.
(c) Gold silk.
(d) Black satin.
9. How long ago does the narrator say Alice first brought her Lady Jaye doll into the game in Chapter 4?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 6 months ago.
(c) 3 months ago.
(d) 1 month ago.
10. Who is Alice's English teacher at school?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Ms. Anderson.
(c) Ms. Evans.
(d) Mr. Lockwood.
11. Where does Zach go after school in the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The library.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) The skating rink.
(d) The gym.
12. What is the name of the black cat that Zach's family owns?
(a) The Party.
(b) The Saloon.
13. What is the name of the town where Zach, Alice, and Poppy have gotten off the bus in Chapter 7?
(d) East Rochester.
14. Who tells Poppy she has a creepy smile in Chapter 3?
15. Where did Poppy first meet Alice?
(a) In math class.
(b) At a carnival.
(c) At a skating rink.
(d) At the movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree is Eleanor's grave supposed to be under, according to Poppy?
2. What book was Zach reading when Poppy first met him?
3. Where does Zach's dad work?
4. How does Zach feel about the impending conversation with Alice and Poppy at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Where does Zach say he's gone in the note he leaves his parents when he goes to meet Alice and Poppy in Chapter 5?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)