|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Russel find abandoned?
2. Russel realizes that the man takes his strength from the _____.
3. After resting at the shelter, Russel runs the dogs for nearly ____ days straight.
4. What does the older man do after the animal is killed?
5. How many days do Russel and the woman travel before they run out of food?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is expressed by the man after the animal dies?
2. How many of the dogs die in the night?
3. How many bones were left by the animals?
4. Russel gets a feeling of ___ when he looks at the sky.
5. The snowmobile tracks represent ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Russel finds a person lying in the snow. The person is unconscious. Who is the person and what has happened?
2. Who is the man in the shelter? What does the man do when he leaves the shelter?
3. What are Russel's first impressions when he leaves Oogruk's house?
4. Explain the man's dance during the celebration in the village.
5. What is the purpose of the scene with the woolly mammoth? What does it represent?
6. What is Russel's solution to the problem with the dogs? What actions does Russel take?
7. What does Russel do when a violent storm sets in?
8. Russel watches his dream-self leave on a hunt. What does Russel see? What is his reaction?
9. What does Russel notice about the dogs? What does he do?
10. After a night of rest, Russel goes back out into the wilderness. What concerns does Russel have about the dogs?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)