|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother has been known to send down the ____ death.
2. Which of the following animals attack the corpses of the woman and children?
3. The family has eaten all but which of the following?
4. What does the mirror represent?
5. The old man is really _____.
(c) Russel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russel finds a woman on the ground. Russel is concerned because the woman is ______.
2. Which is not one of the animals Russel expects to find in the hills?
3. Russel gets the sense that this new village is _____.
4. Russel finds something under his shoulder as he is trying to sleep. What does it appear to be?
5. Russel has another dream in which children play with which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Russel find in the shelter?
2. Russel watches his dream-self leave on a hunt. What does Russel see? What is his reaction?
3. Russel realizes something about the man - his future dream-self - and how he gets his strength. What does Russel realize?
4. What does Russel notice about the man's dogs and sled?
5. What is the man's state of mind at this point? What does the man do next?
6. What does Russel notice about the dogs? What does he do?
7. What are Russel's first impressions when he leaves Oogruk's house?
8. What does Russel do when a violent storm sets in?
9. Explain the man's dance during the celebration in the village.
10. What is Russel's solution to the problem with the dogs? What actions does Russel take?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)