|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woman sleep on while in the shelter?
2. Russel has another dream in which children play with which of the following?
(d) Baby seals.
3. What does the mirror represent?
4. Which is not one of the words used to describe the mother?
5. Russel was also aware of the father of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Russel think about frequently during this time?
2. What weapon does Russel try to use to kill a bear?
3. Russel finds a woman on the ground. Russel is concerned because the woman is ______.
4. The next morning when Russel awakens, he notices that something is different about the _______.
5. The mother has been known to send down the ____ death.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Russel notice about the man's dogs and sled?
2. What does the man do after killing the mammoth? What is Russel's reaction?
3. What does Russel do when a violent storm sets in?
4. What is the man's state of mind at this point? What does the man do next?
5. Russel realizes something about the man - his future dream-self - and how he gets his strength. What does Russel realize?
6. Russel falls into a dream state. What does Russel see first?
7. What is Russel's solution to the problem with the dogs? What actions does Russel take?
8. Russel finds a person lying in the snow. The person is unconscious. Who is the person and what has happened?
9. What is the purpose of the scene with the woolly mammoth? What does it represent?
10. What are Russel's first impressions when he leaves Oogruk's house?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)