|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the village was of great interest to the villagers?
(c) Game room.
(d) Town hall.
2. When Russel and Oogruk go hunting, they take ___ harpoons.
3. What item did Russel own and used in place of dogs?
(d) Power shovel.
4. Unlike other people in the village, Russel did not do which of the following?
(a) Teach Sunday school.
(b) Go to school.
5. Oogruk says that the new village had good things. Which was not one of the good things mentioned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the dogs come from?
2. What is Russel's ethnicity?
3. What tool was used to kill whales?
4. Russel and his father spent the Winter months in which type of house?
5. What was Russel's father's favorite flower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Russel's father give about Oogruk?
2. Russel begins to learn about songs. How does Oogruk explain finding one's own song?
3. Oogruk tells Russel about the founding of the village. Who founded the village? How did things change when the people arrived?
4. What is the warning Russel receives from his father about cooking meat?
5. What problem does Russel experience?
6. What is a shaman?
7. Russel's father recommends taking a gift to Oogruk. What is the gift? What is Russel's opinion of the gift?
8. Who is Oogruk? What is unusual about the man?
9. What does Russel's father try to explain to the 14-year-old boy?
10. Oogruk tells Russel about missing his wife, who ran off. What does Oogruk say? What is Russel's reaction?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)