|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are mukluks?
(c) Small birds.
2. The area in which Russel lived often experienced long ____.
3. What is Russel's last name?
4. Unlike other people in the village, Russel did not do which of the following?
(b) Teach Sunday school.
(c) Go to school.
5. The elder is what type of person?
(b) Witch doctor.
(c) Medicine Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the old man, what should one do after killing an animal?
2. Oogruk compares dogs to ____.
3. What other weapon is taken on the hunting trip?
4. The dogs were a cross between wolves and ____.
5. How many dogs were used by Russel on the first outing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Russel begins to learn about songs. How does Oogruk explain finding one's own song?
2. Where does Russel live and with whom?
3. Why does Russel go to Oogruk?
4. What is Russel's impression of Oogruk's house?
5. Russel's father recommends taking a gift to Oogruk. What is the gift? What is Russel's opinion of the gift?
6. Oogruk tells Russel about the founding of the village. Who founded the village? How did things change when the people arrived?
7. Oogruk tells Russel about missing his wife, who ran off. What does Oogruk say? What is Russel's reaction?
8. What does Russel's father try to explain to the 14-year-old boy?
9. What does Russel admire about Oogruk?
10. What is a shaman?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)