|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oogruk compares dogs to ____.
(b) The wind.
(c) White people.
(d) Long lost ancestors.
2. Oogruk says that the new village had good things. Which was not one of the good things mentioned?
3. Where do Russel and his father spend the Summer months?
(a) Oil rigs.
(c) Government house.
(d) Fish camp.
4. What type of water creature is often part of the family meal?
5. It is said that a shaman can make ____ talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russel offers to give his ___ to the old man but Oogruk refuses.
2. Oogruk says that before there was/were ______, animals "felt different about dying."
3. Russel wore pants made from the skin of which animal?
4. Russel's slippers were made from which material?
5. What tool was used to kill whales?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Russel's trance. What does he see?
2. What advice does Russel's father give about Oogruk?
3. Russel begins to learn about songs. How does Oogruk explain finding one's own song?
4. What problem does Russel experience?
5. What is Russel's impression of Oogruk's house?
6. Who is Oogruk? What is unusual about the man?
7. Where does Russel live and with whom?
8. Who is Ulgavik? What was special about the man?
9. What is a shaman?
10. What is the basis of the story?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)