|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a ptarmigan?
(b) Prayer book.
2. What does the elder warm in the pan?
3. What is Russel's last name?
4. What type of animal skins line the elder's floor?
5. How old is Russel?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the old man, what should one do after killing an animal?
2. The elder is what type of person?
3. What tool was used to kill whales?
4. What is Russel's ethnicity?
5. Russel offers to give his ___ to the old man but Oogruk refuses.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Oogruk? What is unusual about the man?
2. What does Russel admire about Oogruk?
3. Why does Russel go to Oogruk?
4. Russel's father recommends taking a gift to Oogruk. What is the gift? What is Russel's opinion of the gift?
5. What is the warning Russel receives from his father about cooking meat?
6. Oogruk tells Russel about the founding of the village. Who founded the village? How did things change when the people arrived?
7. What offer does Oogruk make to Russel? How does Russel's life change?
8. What does Russel's father try to explain to the 14-year-old boy?
9. Oogruk tells Russel about missing his wife, who ran off. What does Oogruk say? What is Russel's reaction?
10. What problem does Russel experience?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)