|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The elder's ____ are revered by his people.
2. Oogruk says that the new village had good things. Which was not one of the good things mentioned?
3. It is said that a shaman can make ____ talk.
4. Russel asks the old man if it is possible to get ____ back.
5. What type of large land creature is often part of the family meal?
(d) Polar Bear.
6. How many wives has the elder had?
7. Which adjective best describes the dogs?
8. Russel had never eaten which part of the Caribou?
9. What item did Russel own and used in place of dogs?
(c) Power shovel.
10. What is Russel's last name?
11. What color is animal fat?
12. What is the name of the fastener used to hold the dogs together?
13. Russel and his father spent the Winter months in which type of house?
14. What is a hummock?
(a) Rope bed.
15. Russel offers to give his ___ to the old man but Oogruk refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal skins line the elder's floor?
2. The dogs were a cross between wolves and ____.
3. Where do Russel and his father spend the Summer months?
4. What was the best part of the animal to eat?
5. Russel is surprised when the old man says he will go with Russel to do what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)