|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the shaman's wives died?
2. What is the name of the elder consulted by Russel?
3. What is the name of the man who could sing to the birds?
4. Russel does not have a good relationship with which of the following?
(a) His father.
(b) The tribe leader.
(d) His mother.
5. What is an ulu?
(d) Fishing pole.
6. What is supposedly contained in raw seal meat?
7. Russel and his father spent the Winter months in which type of house?
8. When Russel and Oogruk go hunting, they take ___ harpoons.
9. An old woman stated that while shamans were powerful they were not always ____.
10. What color is animal fat?
11. Where do Russel and his father spend the Summer months?
(b) Oil rigs.
(c) Government house.
(d) Fish camp.
12. What type of water creature is often part of the family meal?
13. What item did Russel own and used in place of dogs?
(a) Power shovel.
14. What other weapon is taken on the hunting trip?
15. What is Russel's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the elder warm in the pan?
2. What is a ptarmigan?
3. What are mukluks?
4. The area in which Russel lived often experienced long ____.
5. Oogruk says that the new village had good things. Which was not one of the good things mentioned?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)