Lesson 1 (from Part 1, The Trance: Chapters 1 - 5)
Russel Susskit is an Eskimo boy who is learning about his culture. Learn about the Eskimo culture, both modern and ancient. Discuss the culture and the book's portrayal of it and its people.
1. Who is Russel Susskit? Where does he live? Who is his family? Write a 750 word essay on Russel. Include his age, physical description, likes and dislikes, etc.
2. Learn about the Eskimo culture both modern and ancient. Use outside resources. Write a 1000 word essay on the Eskimo culture.
3. Discuss famous Eskimos including their inventions, accomplishments and contributions to society.
4. Homework: Create a collage of things related to the Eskimo culture.
Lesson 2 (from Part 1, The Trance: Chapters 1 - 5)
Russel and his father spent the winters in the government village and the summers in the fish-camp. Learn about the fish-camp, including its purpose.
1. Discuss the fish-camp. What kind of camp was it? What did Russel and his father do...
This section contains 5,682 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)