|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey kill Uncle in Scene 4?
(a) He pushes him from a balcony.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He poisons him.
(d) He strangles him.
2. What excuse does Joey give for leaving in Scene 17?
(a) He needs a drink.
(b) He has to pee.
(c) He has a bus to catch.
(d) He is getting cigarettes.
3. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Writing in her journal.
(b) Getting high.
(c) Tending a garden.
(d) Reading the newspaper.
4. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
(a) He left his DJ equipment here.
(b) The soldiers never come there.
(c) He didn't know where else to go.
(d) Chiquiting said she'd meet him here.
5. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
(a) Her poor education.
(b) The overdevelopment of Manila.
(c) Philippine filmmaking.
(d) Class warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 8, what does Ledesma reveal he knows about Daisy?
2. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
3. What does Fassbinder refuse to do for Joey in Scene 17?
4. Who does Perlita order to watch Joey in Scene 5?
5. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Daisy interrogated in Scene 8?
2. In what state is Daisy Avila in Scene 16?
3. What does Senator Avila tell Daisy in his soliloquy in Scene 16?
4. How is Joey connected to the assassination?
5. What is Daisy Avila doing when she is arrested in Scene 4?
6. Describe the assassination of Senator Avila at the end of Act I.
7. How does Perlita save Joey's life in Scene 5?
8. Why is Lolita Luna worried in Scene 6?
9. How does Ledesma assert dominance over Daisy at the end of Scene 8?
10. Describe Daisy's Scene 9 interaction with her dead father.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)