|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
(b) Whether to commit suicide.
(c) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(d) Whether to leave Manila.
2. How is Fassbinder distracted when Joey steals his bag in Scene 17?
(a) He writing down an idea for a movie.
(b) He is choking on rice.
(c) He is passed out drunk.
(d) He is yelling at Jacob.
3. In Scene 10, what does Imelda say of her detractors?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They are Communists.
(c) They are foreign agents.
(d) They are deluded.
4. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
(a) Because she was deathly ill.
(b) Becomes he did not love her any more.
(c) So he wouldn't have to see her again.
(d) To keep her safe.
5. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
2. What is Imelda particularly proud of regarding the shoes she shows in Scene 10?
3. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
4. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
5. In his soliloquy in Scene 16, what does Senator Avila beg his daughter to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Imelda describe herself at the end of Scene 10?
2. How does Imelda Marcos foil Bob Stone's planned interview in Scene 10?
3. How is Daisy interrogated in Scene 8?
4. How is Joey connected to the assassination?
5. Why is Lolita Luna worried in Scene 6?
6. Describe the assassination of Senator Avila at the end of Act I.
7. How does Fassbinder show himself to be disingenuous in Scene 17?
8. How does Joey steal from Fassbinder in Scene 17?
9. What does Imelda Marcos say about the assassination in Scene 10?
10. What spectral occurrence happens in Scene 1?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)