|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
(b) A protest.
(c) A meeting.
(d) His daughter's room.
2. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
(b) A gun.
(c) A print of a Hollywood film.
(d) Skin whitener.
3. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
(a) She has smallpox.
(b) She is anemic.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is manic-depressive.
4. Who -not at the scene of the assassination - starts crying in Scene 17?
5. At the end of Scene 10, what reason does Imelda give for Ferdinand's not being there?
(a) He has a cold.
(b) He is meeting with Burt Reynolds.
(c) He is golfing.
(d) He is in a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
2. What is Imelda particularly proud of regarding the shoes she shows in Scene 10?
3. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
4. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
5. What does Avila say he is at the end of Scene 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daisy's Scene 9 interaction with her dead father.
2. How is Joey connected to the assassination?
3. How does Joey relate to Fassbinder in Scene 17?
4. How does Rio react to news of the assassination in Scene 1?
5. Describe the action at the beginning of Scene 17.
6. How does Ledesma assert dominance over Daisy at the end of Scene 8?
7. What is revealed about life in Manila at the end of Scene 4?
8. How does Uncle betray Joey in Scene 4?
9. How is Romeo killed in Scene 7?
10. What does Senator Avila tell Daisy in his soliloquy in Scene 16?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)