|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
(a) He left his DJ equipment here.
(b) He didn't know where else to go.
(c) Chiquiting said she'd meet him here.
(d) The soldiers never come there.
2. In Scene 6, what has Lolita heard about Daisy Avila?
(a) She has fled to East Timor.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is being tortured and raped.
(d) She has joined the rebels in the mountains.
3. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to leave Manila.
(b) Whether to commit suicide.
(c) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(d) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
4. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
(a) Studio 54.
(b) Senator Avila's house.
(c) The Jeeney Cafe.
(d) Barbara and Nestor's studio.
5. Who is murdered in Scene 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
2. Where is Santos in Scene 16?
3. In Scene 10, what does Imelda say of her detractors?
4. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
5. What does "ka" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daisy's Scene 9 interaction with her dead father.
2. In what state is Daisy Avila in Scene 16?
3. What does Imelda Marcos say about the assassination in Scene 10?
4. How does Imelda describe herself at the end of Scene 10?
5. Describe the action at the beginning of Scene 17.
6. How does Ledesma assert dominance over Daisy at the end of Scene 8?
7. What state is Joey in in Scene 11?
8. How does Rio react to news of the assassination in Scene 1?
9. How is Romeo killed in Scene 7?
10. What is revealed about life in Manila at the end of Scene 4?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)