|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
(a) He didn't know where else to go.
(b) Chiquiting said she'd meet him here.
(c) He left his DJ equipment here.
(d) The soldiers never come there.
2. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
(b) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(c) Whether to commit suicide.
(d) Whether to leave Manila.
3. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
(a) The people's mother.
(b) The people's goddess.
(c) The people's servant.
(d) The people's mistress.
4. How does Joey kill Uncle in Scene 4?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He pushes him from a balcony.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He stabs him.
5. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
2. What can Senator Avila in succeed in doing with his daughter in Scene 16?
3. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
4. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
5. How does Joey entertain himself in Scene 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What state is Joey in in Scene 11?
2. How does Fassbinder show himself to be disingenuous in Scene 17?
3. What do the NPA guerrillas feel about Joey in Scene 11?
4. How does Rio react to news of the assassination in Scene 1?
5. How does Imelda Marcos foil Bob Stone's planned interview in Scene 10?
6. How does Ledesma assert dominance over Daisy at the end of Scene 8?
7. Describe the assassination of Senator Avila at the end of Act I.
8. How is Daisy interrogated in Scene 8?
9. In what state is Daisy Avila in Scene 16?
10. How does Joey steal from Fassbinder in Scene 17?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)