|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) His life has been leading to their meeting.
(b) He wants to move to Manila.
(c) He thinks Joey is an artistic soul.
(d) He loves him.
2. What does Daisy Avila continuously call for in Scene 16?
(d) Her mother.
3. What is Imelda particularly proud of regarding the shoes she shows in Scene 10?
(a) They are the first she ever owned.
(b) They were made in the Philippines.
(c) They are handmade in Sweden.
(d) They were worn by Grace Kelly.
4. What is Lolita worried about in Scene 6?
(a) Not winning the top acrting prize in the film festival.
(b) Not being able to get foreign products if martial law occurs.
(c) Rebels mudering her if the Marcoses are overthrown.
(d) General Ledesma finding about her other lovers.
5. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
(a) She grew up in France.
(b) She was regal from a young age.
(c) She cannot remember her childhood.
(d) She came from meek beginnings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Senator Avila shot?
2. Who does Perlita order to watch Joey in Scene 5?
3. Who -not at the scene of the assassination - starts crying in Scene 17?
4. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
5. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daisy's Scene 9 interaction with her dead father.
2. Describe the assassination of Senator Avila at the end of Act I.
3. What is Daisy Avila doing when she is arrested in Scene 4?
4. What state is Joey in in Scene 11?
5. How is Daisy interrogated in Scene 8?
6. How does Uncle betray Joey in Scene 4?
7. How does Perlita save Joey's life in Scene 5?
8. What does Senator Avila tell Daisy in his soliloquy in Scene 16?
9. What does Imelda Marcos say about the assassination in Scene 10?
10. Describe the action at the beginning of Scene 17.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)