|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey entertain himself in Scene 17?
(a) He make up haikus.
(b) He tells wild lies to Fassbinder.
(c) He throws sugar packets at passers-by.
(d) He berates the waiter.
2. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
(a) Studio 54.
(b) The Jeeney Cafe.
(c) Barbara and Nestor's studio.
(d) Senator Avila's house.
3. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
(a) The NPA.
(b) The unions.
(c) Her father.
(d) A planned terorist strike.
4. What does the ghost of Senator Avila first ask of Daisy in Scene 9?
(a) Assurance she will not die.
(c) A grandchild.
(d) A hug.
5. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(c) He has dysentery.
(d) He has whooping cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
2. Who shoots Senator Avila?
3. What does Senator Avila say that Daisy wants to do in Scene 16?
4. In Scene 10, what does Imelda say of her detractors?
5. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fassbinder show himself to be disingenuous in Scene 17?
2. Describe the action at the beginning of Scene 17.
3. What does Imelda Marcos say about the assassination in Scene 10?
4. How does Imelda Marcos foil Bob Stone's planned interview in Scene 10?
5. What spectral occurrence happens in Scene 1?
6. How does Rio react to news of the assassination in Scene 1?
7. Describe the assassination of Senator Avila at the end of Act I.
8. How does Perlita save Joey's life in Scene 5?
9. How does Joey relate to Fassbinder in Scene 17?
10. What do the NPA guerrillas feel about Joey in Scene 11?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)