|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ledesma rebuke Carreon in Scene 8?
(a) Carreon threatens Daisy.
(b) Carreon unties Daisy.
(c) Carreon uses foul language.
(d) Carreon falls asleep.
2. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is manic-depressive.
(c) She is anemic.
(d) She has smallpox.
3. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
(a) The people's servant.
(b) The people's mistress.
(c) The people's goddess.
(d) The people's mother.
4. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
(a) Touching Joey's leg.
(b) Drinking his coffee.
(c) Taking photos.
(d) Kicking a stone.
5. What excuse does Joey give for leaving in Scene 17?
(a) He has a bus to catch.
(b) He has to pee.
(c) He needs a drink.
(d) He is getting cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special room in Alacran's room does Scene 6 take place in?
2. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
3. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
4. What periodical does Jacob work for?
5. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rio react to news of the assassination in Scene 1?
2. Describe the assassination of Senator Avila at the end of Act I.
3. How is Daisy interrogated in Scene 8?
4. What state is Joey in in Scene 11?
5. Why is Lolita Luna worried in Scene 6?
6. What does Imelda Marcos say about the assassination in Scene 10?
7. In what state is Daisy Avila in Scene 16?
8. How is Romeo killed in Scene 7?
9. How does Ledesma assert dominance over Daisy at the end of Scene 8?
10. How does Imelda Marcos foil Bob Stone's planned interview in Scene 10?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)