|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
2. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) James Stewart.
(c) Kim Novac.
(d) Cary Grant.
3. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He threatens not to get him work.
(b) He kisses him.
(c) He gets him high.
(d) He pulls a knife on him.
4. What is the NPA?
(a) The premier Philippine film school.
(b) A trade workers' union.
(c) The loyalist political party.
(d) An insurgent group.
5. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
(c) Whips herself.
(d) Speaks in tongues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
2. Who is Lolita Luna rumored to be having an affair with?
3. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
4. Which revolutionary European director hits on Joey in Scene 10?
5. Which of the following characters is at the sex show in Scene 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leonor explain her praying in Scene 15?
2. Describe the montage of Scene 15.
3. How does Joey steal from Fassbinder in Scene 17?
4. What does Senator Avila tell Daisy in his soliloquy in Scene 16?
5. How do Trini and Romeo meet in Scene 6?
6. Who do Nestor and Barbara introduce in Scene 2?
7. What does Rio imagine in Scene 16?
8. What does Imelda Marcos say about the assassination in Scene 10?
9. Describe Daisy and Santos meeting in Scene 8.
10. Who visits Perlita in Scene 13?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)