|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alacran recommend in Scene 12 after Carreon skulks off?
(a) A film screening.
(b) A friendly wager.
(c) A debate about the Marcos regime.
(d) A drink.
2. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
(a) Pornographic film star.
(c) Jesuit priest.
3. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(a) Australian natives.
(c) The Americans.
4. Why does Carreon not want to play golf in Scene 12?
(a) He is disgusted by Avila's ideology.
(b) He is bad at the game.
(c) He is using old clubs.
(d) He is missing his first child's birth.
5. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She gives him the key to her room.
(b) She lends him some money.
(c) She makes him some food.
(d) She gives him the night off.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
2. In Scene 14, what is Lolita Luna high on?
3. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
4. Where is the cafe located in Scene 9?
5. At the end of Scene 14, what does Joey offer Fassbinder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Imelda Marcos defend herself in Scene 11?
2. How does Senator Avila relate to his right-wing counterparts in Scene 12?
3. Who do Nestor and Barbara introduce in Scene 2?
4. How does Scene 11 end on an incongruously upbeat note?
5. At the beginning of Scene 10, what do Perlita and Chiquiting gossip about?
6. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
7. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
8. Describe the party at the beginning of Scene 14.
9. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
10. In Scene 9, how does Rio's story about her grandmother reflect the changing Manila?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)