|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
(a) A Broadway musical.
(b) A radio show.
(c) A fable.
(d) A college history lesson.
2. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) Tension Point.
(b) Mistress and the Night.
(c) The Ecstasy.
(d) Agony of Love.
3. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
(a) Studio 54.
(c) Plato's Retreat.
(d) The Boogie Down.
4. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
(a) He is slow.
(b) He is ogling Rio.
(c) He is spitting in their tea.
(d) He smells.
5. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
(a) Watching Daisy.
(b) Cheating on Daisy.
(c) Reading Marx.
(d) Plotting against the Marcos regime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
2. Which revolutionary European director hits on Joey in Scene 10?
3. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
4. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
5. Who is Lolita Luna rumored to be having an affair with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is peculiar about the tryst between Trini and Romeo in Scene 15?
2. Describe the party at the beginning of Scene 14.
3. Who do Nestor and Barbara introduce in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 9, how does Rio's story about her grandmother reflect the changing Manila?
5. How does Scene 11 end on an incongruously upbeat note?
6. What do Nestor and Barbara say about Philippines history in Scene 2?
7. Describe the speech that Avila delivers in Scene 7.
8. What state is Joey in when he enters in Scene 10?
9. How are Tito Alvarez and Lolita Luna greeted at Studio 54 in Scene 14?
10. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)