|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
(a) Her cursing.
(b) Her profligate spending.
(c) Her gossip.
(d) Her outfit.
2. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
(a) Plotting against the Marcos regime.
(b) Watching Daisy.
(c) Reading Marx.
(d) Cheating on Daisy.
3. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
(a) He is slow.
(b) He is ogling Rio.
(c) He smells.
(d) He is spitting in their tea.
4. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) Imelda Marcos.
(b) A new sex show in Manila.
(c) Harrison Ford.
(d) Daisy Avila.
5. While they have sex in Scene 15, what does Romeo accidentally call Trini?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
2. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
3. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
4. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
5. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 9, how does Rio's story about her grandmother reflect the changing Manila?
2. Describe Daisy and Santos meeting in Scene 8.
3. Describe the montage of Scene 15.
4. In Scene 1, what is imparted to the audience through radio clips?
5. How does Scene 11 end on an incongruously upbeat note?
6. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
7. What do Nestor and Barbara say about Philippines history in Scene 2?
8. How does Senator Avila relate to his right-wing counterparts in Scene 12?
9. What state is Joey in when he enters in Scene 10?
10. Why does Chiquiting become annoyed in Scene 14?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)