|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
(a) He does not speak the same language.
(b) He is an opposition leader.
(c) He does not play golf.
(d) He is wheelchair-bound.
2. Whose son is Boomboom?
3. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
(b) Philippine Independence Day.
(c) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
(d) Manila International Film Festival.
4. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He kisses him.
(b) He threatens not to get him work.
(c) He pulls a knife on him.
(d) He gets him high.
5. What do Nestor and Barbara promise about the plot in Scene 2?
(a) Everyone will be okay.
(b) Love will blossom.
(c) Someone will die.
(d) The Marcos regime will fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
2. Why is Uncle berating Joey in Scene 4?
3. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
4. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
5. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rio Gonzaga return to Manila in Scene 3?
2. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
3. What information about Daisy Avila do Nest and Barbara impart in Scene 5?
4. Describe Daisy and Santos meeting in Scene 8.
5. What does Rio think about the Manila she has returned to?
6. What do Nestor and Barbara say about Philippines history in Scene 2?
7. What is peculiar about the tryst between Trini and Romeo in Scene 15?
8. What role does a real historical figure play in Scene 10?
9. What state is Joey in when he enters in Scene 10?
10. In Scene 1, what is imparted to the audience through radio clips?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)