|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
(a) Her gossip.
(b) Her profligate spending.
(c) Her cursing.
(d) Her outfit.
2. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
(a) It will feature a future Oscar winner.
(b) It will not affect national commerce.
(c) It will last two months.
(d) It will be bigger than Cannes.
3. How did Severo Alacran's family die?
(a) They died in a house fire.
(b) They were killed by the Japanese.
(c) They fell ill in a smallpox outbreak.
(d) They died in a traffic accident.
4. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
(a) He has never DJ'ed before.
(b) He is being paid double.
(c) Imelda may attend.
(d) He is playing one of his own songs.
5. What is Chiquiting's job?
(a) Taxi driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is at the sex show in Scene 15?
2. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
3. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
4. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
5. Who are Nestor Noralez and Barbara Villanueva?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Trini and Romeo meet in Scene 6?
2. At the beginning of Scene 10, what do Perlita and Chiquiting gossip about?
3. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
4. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
5. What is peculiar about the tryst between Trini and Romeo in Scene 15?
6. How does Imelda Marcos defend herself in Scene 11?
7. How does Senator Avila relate to his right-wing counterparts in Scene 12?
8. How are Tito Alvarez and Lolita Luna greeted at Studio 54 in Scene 14?
9. In Scene 4, how does Uncle goad Joey?
10. Who do Nestor and Barbara introduce in Scene 2?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)