|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) George Hamilton.
(b) Brooke Shields.
(c) Margot Kiddler.
(d) Linda Blair.
2. Why does Carreon not want to play golf in Scene 12?
(a) He is missing his first child's birth.
(b) He is disgusted by Avila's ideology.
(c) He is bad at the game.
(d) He is using old clubs.
3. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
(a) A jeepney.
(b) A military barracks.
(c) A mobile home.
(d) A teepee.
4. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
(b) The Boogie Down.
(c) Plato's Retreat.
(d) Studio 54.
5. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
(a) It will feature a future Oscar winner.
(b) It will be bigger than Cannes.
(c) It will not affect national commerce.
(d) It will last two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
2. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
3. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
4. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
5. Which character in Scene 12 refuses to enjoy himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lieutenant Carreon skulk off in Scene 12?
2. What does Rio think about the Manila she has returned to?
3. In Scene 9, how does Rio's story about her grandmother reflect the changing Manila?
4. What is a dogeater?
5. How is Joey Sands introduced in Scene 4?
6. What is peculiar about the tryst between Trini and Romeo in Scene 15?
7. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
8. What do Nestor and Barbara say about Philippines history in Scene 2?
9. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
10. What information about Daisy Avila do Nest and Barbara impart in Scene 5?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)