|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Nestor Noralez and Barbara Villanueva?
(a) Radio stars.
(b) Former Philippine presidents.
(c) Itinerrants in Manila.
(d) FIlm critics.
2. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
(a) Tired and flirty.
(b) Respectful and subservient.
(c) Ditsy and cloying.
(d) Brusk and rude.
3. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) His intentions to run for president.
(b) A recommendation for the film festival.
(c) The secret to his golf swing.
(d) Daisy's boyfriend.
4. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) Harrison Ford.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
(c) Daisy Avila.
(d) A new sex show in Manila.
5. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend is getting married.
(b) She misses San Francisco.
(c) The city is less lively than she remembers it.
(d) She is thinking about her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
2. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
3. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
4. Whose son is Boomboom?
5. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lieutenant Carreon skulk off in Scene 12?
2. What is a dogeater?
3. In Scene 1, what is imparted to the audience through radio clips?
4. What does Rio think about the Manila she has returned to?
5. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
6. Describe the montage of Scene 15.
7. Who do Nestor and Barbara introduce in Scene 2?
8. Why does Rio Gonzaga return to Manila in Scene 3?
9. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
10. How does Imelda Marcos defend herself in Scene 11?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)