|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Odeon failing in Manila?
(a) The Film Center construction is blocking the entrance.
(b) The owners are trying to sink it.
(c) Fewer films are coming to the Philippines.
(d) A new multiplex has opened.
2. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
3. How is Freddie Gonzaga related to Rio?
(a) They are not related.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her husband.
(d) He is her father.
4. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) Linda Blair.
(b) Margot Kiddler.
(c) George Hamilton.
(d) Brooke Shields.
5. What is Chiquiting's job?
(d) Taxi driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
2. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
3. Why is Senator Avila well known in the Philippines?
4. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
5. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the montage of Scene 15.
2. Describe the party at the beginning of Scene 14.
3. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
4. What state is Joey in when he enters in Scene 10?
5. At the beginning of Scene 10, what do Perlita and Chiquiting gossip about?
6. Why does Chiquiting become annoyed in Scene 14?
7. How is Joey Sands introduced in Scene 4?
8. Why does Lieutenant Carreon skulk off in Scene 12?
9. In Scene 1, what is imparted to the audience through radio clips?
10. What is a dogeater?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)