|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
(a) Her profligate spending.
(b) Her gossip.
(c) Her cursing.
(d) Her outfit.
2. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(b) Daisy Avila.
3. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He threatens not to get him work.
(b) He gets him high.
(c) He kisses him.
(d) He pulls a knife on him.
4. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) Harrison Ford.
(c) Imelda Marcos.
(d) A new sex show in Manila.
5. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
(a) Amorous Tempest.
(b) Love Letters.
(c) Passions of the Heart.
(d) Joys and Terrors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Senator Avila well known in the Philippines?
2. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
3. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
4. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
5. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
2. Describe Daisy and Santos meeting in Scene 8.
3. Why does Rio Gonzaga return to Manila in Scene 3?
4. Describe the action at the beginning of Scene 17.
5. Describe the party at the beginning of Scene 14.
6. What do Nestor and Barbara say about Philippines history in Scene 2?
7. What is Rio's relationship with the Philippines in Scene 16?
8. How is Romeo killed in Scene 7?
9. What is revealed about life in Manila at the end of Scene 4?
10. How are Tito Alvarez and Lolita Luna greeted at Studio 54 in Scene 14?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)