Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) Miss Philippines title.
(b) A literary prize.
(c) A Rhodes scholariship.
(d) A Philippines Oscar.
2. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) The Ecstasy.
(b) Tension Point.
(c) Mistress and the Night.
(d) Agony of Love.
3. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
(a) Nationalization of the banks.
(b) Free elections.
(c) An end to martial law.
(d) Tax reform.
4. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She lends him some money.
(b) She gives him the key to her room.
(c) She makes him some food.
(d) She gives him the night off.
5. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He pulls a knife on him.
(b) He threatens not to get him work.
(c) He gets him high.
(d) He kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
2. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
3. Why does Carreon not want to play golf in Scene 12?
4. What does Trini declare herself to be at the end of Scene 6?
5. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joey relate to Fassbinder in Scene 17?
2. Describe the assassination of Senator Avila at the end of Act I.
3. How is Daisy interrogated in Scene 8?
4. What is Daisy Avila doing when she is arrested in Scene 4?
5. Describe the speech that Avila delivers in Scene 7.
6. What does Imelda Marcos say about the assassination in Scene 10?
7. What does Rio think about the Manila she has returned to?
8. What state is Joey in in Scene 11?
9. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
10. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)