|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
(b) She looses her wallet.
(c) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
(d) The waiter hits on Rio.
2. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) General Ledesma.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Rainer Fassbinder.
3. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Burying them under the foundations.
(b) Regularly sleeping with them.
(c) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
(d) Refused to recognize their union.
4. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) Mistress and the Night.
(b) The Ecstasy.
(c) Agony of Love.
(d) Tension Point.
5. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
(a) A Broadway musical.
(b) A fable.
(c) A radio show.
(d) A college history lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
2. What is Chiquiting's job?
3. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
4. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
5. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rio think about the Manila she has returned to?
2. In Scene 4, how does Uncle goad Joey?
3. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
4. How are Tito Alvarez and Lolita Luna greeted at Studio 54 in Scene 14?
5. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
6. Who do Nestor and Barbara introduce in Scene 2?
7. Why does Lieutenant Carreon skulk off in Scene 12?
8. What information about Daisy Avila do Nest and Barbara impart in Scene 5?
9. Describe the party at the beginning of Scene 14.
10. How does Senator Avila relate to his right-wing counterparts in Scene 12?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)