|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the cafe located in Scene 9?
(a) The central rambla.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A strip mall.
2. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
3. What does Rio say disgusts her in Scene 9?
(a) The behavior of the Marcos regime.
(b) Her food at the cafe.
(c) The new multiplex.
(d) Her father's new wife.
4. Which character in Scene 12 refuses to enjoy himself?
(a) Joey Sands.
(b) Lieutenant Carreon.
(c) Severo Alacran.
(d) Senator Avila.
5. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The airport.
(b) A radio studio.
(c) The Odeon.
(d) The beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
2. What is the NPA?
3. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
4. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
5. What rumor about Daisy Avila surfaces in Scene 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lieutenant Carreon skulk off in Scene 12?
2. How is Joey Sands introduced in Scene 4?
3. In Scene 4, how does Uncle goad Joey?
4. How does Scene 11 end on an incongruously upbeat note?
5. At the beginning of Scene 10, what do Perlita and Chiquiting gossip about?
6. Why does Chiquiting become annoyed in Scene 14?
7. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
8. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
9. How are Tito Alvarez and Lolita Luna greeted at Studio 54 in Scene 14?
10. How does Senator Avila relate to his right-wing counterparts in Scene 12?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)