|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
(b) Regularly sleeping with them.
(c) Refused to recognize their union.
(d) Burying them under the foundations.
2. Where is Santos Triador in Scene 5?
(a) In America.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) In Senator Avila's estate.
(d) In prison.
3. Which character is the owner of Studio 54?
4. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The Odeon.
(b) The beach.
(c) The airport.
(d) A radio studio.
5. Whose books is Imelda Marcos said to have banned?
(c) Those of former Philippine leaders.
(d) De Gaulle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Romeo claim to be friends with in Scene 6?
2. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
3. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
4. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
5. Whose son is Boomboom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rio think about the Manila she has returned to?
2. Describe the montage of Scene 15.
3. How does Scene 11 end on an incongruously upbeat note?
4. Describe the party at the beginning of Scene 14.
5. What role does a real historical figure play in Scene 10?
6. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
7. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
8. Why does Rio Gonzaga return to Manila in Scene 3?
9. What do Nestor and Barbara say about Philippines history in Scene 2?
10. How does Imelda Marcos defend herself in Scene 11?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)