|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What celebrity has Pucha just seen at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) Corey Haim.
(b) Timothy Hutton.
(c) Brooke Shields.
(d) Burt Reynolds.
2. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Luis Bunuel.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Yves Saint Laurent.
3. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
(a) She is the first girl under 18 to win.
(b) She is the first dark-skinned girl to win.
(c) She is the first university student to win.
(d) She is the first non-loyalist to win.
4. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) Agony of Love.
(b) Tension Point.
(c) Mistress and the Night.
(d) The Ecstasy.
5. Who is Lolita Luna rumored to be having an affair with?
(a) Senator Avila.
(b) President Marcos.
(c) General Ledesma.
(d) Rainer Fassbinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
2. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
3. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
4. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
5. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a dogeater?
2. Why does Chiquiting become annoyed in Scene 14?
3. Describe Daisy and Santos meeting in Scene 8.
4. How does Imelda Marcos defend herself in Scene 11?
5. In Scene 9, how does Rio's story about her grandmother reflect the changing Manila?
6. Why does Lieutenant Carreon skulk off in Scene 12?
7. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
8. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
9. Describe the montage of Scene 15.
10. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)