|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 14, what does Joey offer Fassbinder?
(a) A free night with him.
(b) An invite from the Marcoses.
(d) A sex show.
2. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
(a) She was an extra in the film of M*A*S*H.
(b) She was runner-up in Miss Philippines pageant.
(c) She is the second wealthiest woman in Manila.
(d) She is Imelda Marcos's neice.
3. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
(a) Pornographic film star.
(d) Jesuit priest.
4. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) Kim Novac.
(d) James Stewart.
5. How did Severo Alacran's family die?
(a) They were killed by the Japanese.
(b) They died in a house fire.
(c) They died in a traffic accident.
(d) They fell ill in a smallpox outbreak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
2. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
3. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
4. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
5. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is golfing in Scene 12?
2. What information about Daisy Avila do Nest and Barbara impart in Scene 5?
3. Why does Rio Gonzaga return to Manila in Scene 3?
4. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
5. What state is Joey in when he enters in Scene 10?
6. What is a dogeater?
7. In Scene 1, what is imparted to the audience through radio clips?
8. In Scene 4, how does Uncle goad Joey?
9. Why does Lieutenant Carreon skulk off in Scene 12?
10. How does Imelda Marcos defend herself in Scene 11?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)