|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) A Rhodes scholariship.
(b) Miss Philippines title.
(c) A literary prize.
(d) A Philippines Oscar.
2. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
3. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
(a) Free elections.
(b) Tax reform.
(c) Nationalization of the banks.
(d) An end to martial law.
4. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(c) Australian natives.
(d) The Americans.
5. What do Nestor and Barbara promise about the plot in Scene 2?
(a) Everyone will be okay.
(b) Someone will die.
(c) Love will blossom.
(d) The Marcos regime will fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
2. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
3. What celebrity has Pucha just seen at the beginning of Scene 9?
4. What is the NPA?
5. What term does Joey explain in Scene 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
2. In Scene 1, what is imparted to the audience through radio clips?
3. How is Joey Sands introduced in Scene 4?
4. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
5. In Scene 4, how does Uncle goad Joey?
6. How does Imelda Marcos defend herself in Scene 11?
7. What information about Daisy Avila do Nest and Barbara impart in Scene 5?
8. Describe the party at the beginning of Scene 14.
9. What does Rio think about the Manila she has returned to?
10. Why does Rio Gonzaga return to Manila in Scene 3?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)