|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose son is Boomboom?
2. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
(c) Whips herself.
(d) Speaks in tongues.
3. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
(a) She is the second wealthiest woman in Manila.
(b) She was an extra in the film of M*A*S*H.
(c) She was runner-up in Miss Philippines pageant.
(d) She is Imelda Marcos's neice.
4. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
(a) She is thinking about her grandmother.
(b) The city is less lively than she remembers it.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend is getting married.
(d) She misses San Francisco.
5. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
2. Which revolutionary European director hits on Joey in Scene 10?
3. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
4. Which character is not in attendance at the golf game in Scene 12?
5. What term does Joey explain in Scene 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Imelda Marcos defend herself in Scene 11?
2. What is a dogeater?
3. Describe the party at the beginning of Scene 14.
4. Describe the cafe in Scene 9.
5. Why does Lieutenant Carreon skulk off in Scene 12?
6. Describe the montage of Scene 15.
7. In Scene 1, what is imparted to the audience through radio clips?
8. In Scene 9, how does Rio's story about her grandmother reflect the changing Manila?
9. How does Pucha treat the waiter in Scene 9?
10. How is Joey Sands introduced in Scene 4?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)