|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 10, what reason does Imelda give for Ferdinand's not being there?
(a) He is in a meeting.
(b) He is golfing.
(c) He has a cold.
(d) He is meeting with Burt Reynolds.
2. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) The media was shut down.
(b) The Avila house was burned down.
(c) The roads have been blockaded.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
3. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
(a) Injects him with heroin.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Brandishes his knife.
(d) Kisses him.
4. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
(a) Her miscarried child.
(b) Her burnt-down house.
(c) A dead Senator Avila.
(d) A dead Santos.
5. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
(a) They pity him.
(b) They are disgusted by him.
(c) They are amused by him.
(d) They are in love with him.
6. Whom does Imelda state killed Avila in Scene 10?
7. Where is Santos in Scene 16?
(c) The mountains.
(d) The boglands.
8. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
(a) His city of origin.
(b) His political leanings.
(c) His sign.
(d) His favorite film.
9. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) He thinks Joey is an artistic soul.
(b) His life has been leading to their meeting.
(c) He wants to move to Manila.
(d) He loves him.
10. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
(a) The people's goddess.
(b) The people's mother.
(c) The people's mistress.
(d) The people's servant.
11. In Scene 10, what does Imelda say of her detractors?
(a) They are foreign agents.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They are Communists.
(d) They are deluded.
12. Who does Joey first tell about witnessing the assassination?
13. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Helicopters are circling.
(b) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(c) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
(d) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
14. In his soliloquy in Scene 16, what does Senator Avila beg his daughter to do?
(a) Die quietly.
(b) Regain her senses.
(c) Leave Manila.
(d) FInd love.
15. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
(a) Her father.
(b) A planned terorist strike.
(c) The unions.
(d) The NPA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senator Avila say that Daisy wants to do in Scene 16?
2. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
3. In Scene 5, what does Perlita warm Joey will not be at his safe place?
4. Which character does not appear in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)