|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
(a) She is anemic.
(b) She is manic-depressive.
(c) She has smallpox.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. What final tragedy befalls Daisy at the end of Scene 9?
(a) She miscarries.
(b) She sees Santos murdered.
(c) She is raped by Carreon.
(d) She is strangled to death.
3. Who does Perlita order to watch Joey in Scene 5?
4. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) He wants to move to Manila.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He thinks Joey is an artistic soul.
(d) His life has been leading to their meeting.
5. In Scene 8, what does Ledesma reveal he knows about Daisy?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is bribed the Miss Philippines judges.
(c) She is a progressive.
(d) She was planning to leave Manila.
6. Who shoots Senator Avila?
7. What can Senator Avila in succeed in doing with his daughter in Scene 16?
(a) Feeding her.
(b) Changing her linens.
(c) Singing her to sleep.
(d) Talking to her about Santos.
8. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
(a) Herself and her child.
(b) Marcos and Santos.
(c) Her father and God.
(d) The Philippines and Ledesma.
9. Where is Senator Avila shot?
(a) On the street.
(b) A hotel lobby.
(c) In front of the palace.
(d) At his house.
10. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) The media was shut down.
(b) The Avila house was burned down.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
(d) The roads have been blockaded.
11. Who does Joey first tell about witnessing the assassination?
12. What is the name of the camp in which Daisy is held captive?
13. Who is murdered in Scene 7?
14. Why does Ledesma rebuke Carreon in Scene 8?
(a) Carreon threatens Daisy.
(b) Carreon unties Daisy.
(c) Carreon falls asleep.
(d) Carreon uses foul language.
15. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who -not at the scene of the assassination - starts crying in Scene 17?
2. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
3. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
4. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
5. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)