|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Getting high.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Tending a garden.
(d) Writing in her journal.
2. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
(a) Joey's mother.
(b) Rio's grandmother.
(c) Senator Avila.
(d) William McKinley.
3. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
(a) The people's mother.
(b) The people's goddess.
(c) The people's servant.
(d) The people's mistress.
4. What does Senator Avila say that Daisy wants to do in Scene 16?
(a) Help the people of the Philippines.
(b) Cease existing.
(c) Have a big, happy family.
(d) Move to the United States.
5. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
6. In Scene 8, what does Ledesma reveal he knows about Daisy?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is a progressive.
(c) She is bribed the Miss Philippines judges.
(d) She was planning to leave Manila.
7. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
(b) A print of a Hollywood film.
(c) A gun.
(d) Skin whitener.
8. What does Daisy Avila continuously call for in Scene 16?
(a) Her mother.
9. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
10. In Scene 6, what has Lolita heard about Daisy Avila?
(a) She has joined the rebels in the mountains.
(b) She has fled to East Timor.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is being tortured and raped.
11. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) His life has been leading to their meeting.
(b) He wants to move to Manila.
(c) He thinks Joey is an artistic soul.
(d) He loves him.
12. Where is Santos in Scene 16?
(a) The boglands.
(c) The mountains.
13. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) Nestor and Barbara's studio.
(b) Manila's sewers.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The prison camp.
14. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
(a) He didn't know where else to go.
(b) Chiquiting said she'd meet him here.
(c) He left his DJ equipment here.
(d) The soldiers never come there.
15. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
(a) His sign.
(b) His city of origin.
(c) His favorite film.
(d) His political leanings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
2. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
3. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
4. What does Imelda say about Daisy Avila in Scene 10?
5. What does Fassbinder refuse to do for Joey in Scene 17?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)