|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is discussed in the radio report of Scene 11?
2. What does Daisy Avila continuously call for in Scene 16?
(d) Her mother.
3. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Conducting a press interview.
(d) Doing shots.
4. How long does Imelda Marcos give Bob stone for their Scene 10 interview?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 minutes.
5. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
(b) Bob Stone.
6. Where is Senator Avila shot?
(a) On the street.
(b) A hotel lobby.
(c) At his house.
(d) In front of the palace.
7. Whom does Imelda state killed Avila in Scene 10?
8. What does Avila say he is at the end of Scene 16?
(d) In love.
9. What can Senator Avila in succeed in doing with his daughter in Scene 16?
(a) Talking to her about Santos.
(b) Feeding her.
(c) Singing her to sleep.
(d) Changing her linens.
10. What does "ka" mean?
11. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
(a) Rio's grandmother.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Senator Avila.
12. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
(a) She came from meek beginnings.
(b) She grew up in France.
(c) She was regal from a young age.
(d) She cannot remember her childhood.
13. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) He wants to move to Manila.
(b) He thinks Joey is an artistic soul.
(c) He loves him.
(d) His life has been leading to their meeting.
14. In Scene 6, what has Lolita heard about Daisy Avila?
(a) She has fled to East Timor.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She has joined the rebels in the mountains.
(d) She is being tortured and raped.
15. What does Daisy confess in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings a lullaby to Daisy in Scene 16?
2. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
3. What does Imelda say about Daisy Avila in Scene 10?
4. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
5. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)