|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey kill Uncle in Scene 4?
(a) He strangles him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He poisons him.
(d) He pushes him from a balcony.
2. Who betrays Joey in Scene 4?
3. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
4. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
(a) Murder her.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Free her.
(d) Marry her.
5. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He has dysentery.
(c) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(d) He has whooping cough.
6. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
(b) A friend.
7. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
(a) She was regal from a young age.
(b) She grew up in France.
(c) She came from meek beginnings.
(d) She cannot remember her childhood.
8. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
(a) A dead Senator Avila.
(b) Her miscarried child.
(c) A dead Santos.
(d) Her burnt-down house.
9. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
(b) The Avila house was burned down.
(c) The roads have been blockaded.
(d) The media was shut down.
10. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(b) Whether to commit suicide.
(c) Whether to leave Manila.
(d) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
11. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
(a) William McKinley.
(b) Rio's grandmother.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Senator Avila.
12. What periodical does Jacob work for?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) Der Spiegel.
(d) La Monde.
13. Who sings a lullaby to Daisy in Scene 16?
(a) Senator Avila.
(d) Nestor and Barbara.
14. What final tragedy befalls Daisy at the end of Scene 9?
(a) She is raped by Carreon.
(b) She miscarries.
(c) She sees Santos murdered.
(d) She is strangled to death.
15. What character is discussed in the radio report of Scene 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Imelda particularly proud of regarding the shoes she shows in Scene 10?
2. What does Avila say he is at the end of Scene 16?
3. What special room in Alacran's room does Scene 6 take place in?
4. Which character does not appear in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 10, what does Imelda say of her detractors?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)