|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
2. What does Fassbinder refuse to do for Joey in Scene 17?
(a) Be photographer with him.
(b) Take him to Germany.
(c) Pay him.
(d) Kiss him on the mouth.
3. In Scene 16, who does Senator Avila say Daisy is like?
(a) Imelda Marcos.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Her mother.
4. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Tending a garden.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Getting high.
(d) Writing in her journal.
5. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
(a) Chiquiting said she'd meet him here.
(b) He didn't know where else to go.
(c) He left his DJ equipment here.
(d) The soldiers never come there.
6. What final tragedy befalls Daisy at the end of Scene 9?
(a) She miscarries.
(b) She is strangled to death.
(c) She sees Santos murdered.
(d) She is raped by Carreon.
7. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(b) Helicopters are circling.
(c) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
(d) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
8. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Conducting a press interview.
(d) Doing shots.
9. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
(a) A friend.
10. In Scene 10, what does Imelda say of her detractors?
(a) They are deluded.
(b) They are foreign agents.
(c) They are Communists.
(d) They are jealous.
11. What does Imelda say about Daisy Avila in Scene 10?
(a) She is on her way to England.
(b) She was never questioned.
(c) She has died in childbirth.
(d) She has been released.
12. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
(a) To keep her safe.
(b) So he wouldn't have to see her again.
(c) Because she was deathly ill.
(d) Becomes he did not love her any more.
13. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
(a) William McKinley.
(b) Rio's grandmother.
(c) Senator Avila.
(d) Joey's mother.
14. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
(a) A meeting.
(b) His daughter's room.
(c) A protest.
15. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to commit suicide.
(b) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
(c) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(d) Whether to leave Manila.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "ka" mean?
2. In Scene 8, what does Ledesma reveal he knows about Daisy?
3. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
4. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
5. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)