|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Writing in her journal.
(b) Tending a garden.
(c) Getting high.
(d) Reading the newspaper.
2. How does Joey entertain himself in Scene 17?
(a) He tells wild lies to Fassbinder.
(b) He berates the waiter.
(c) He make up haikus.
(d) He throws sugar packets at passers-by.
3. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
(a) Her miscarried child.
(b) A dead Santos.
(c) Her burnt-down house.
(d) A dead Senator Avila.
4. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
5. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
(a) The soldiers never come there.
(b) He didn't know where else to go.
(c) He left his DJ equipment here.
(d) Chiquiting said she'd meet him here.
6. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
(a) The Philippines and Ledesma.
(b) Marcos and Santos.
(c) Herself and her child.
(d) Her father and God.
7. Who does Perlita order to watch Joey in Scene 5?
8. What final tragedy befalls Daisy at the end of Scene 9?
(a) She is strangled to death.
(b) She miscarries.
(c) She is raped by Carreon.
(d) She sees Santos murdered.
9. What character is discussed in the radio report of Scene 11?
10. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to leave Manila.
(b) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(c) Whether to commit suicide.
(d) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
11. What does the ghost of Senator Avila first ask of Daisy in Scene 9?
(a) Assurance she will not die.
(b) A grandchild.
(c) A hug.
12. What special room in Alacran's room does Scene 6 take place in?
(a) A greenhouse.
(b) A bowling room.
(c) A humidor.
(d) A screen room.
13. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
(a) The people's mother.
(b) The people's mistress.
(c) The people's servant.
(d) The people's goddess.
14. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He has dysentery.
(b) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(c) He has whooping cough.
(d) He is depressed.
15. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Helicopters are circling.
(b) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
(c) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(d) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
2. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
3. What does Daisy Avila continuously call for in Scene 16?
4. What periodical does Jacob work for?
5. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)