|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
(a) Taking photos.
(b) Touching Joey's leg.
(c) Drinking his coffee.
(d) Kicking a stone.
2. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to leave Manila.
(b) Whether to commit suicide.
(c) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
(d) Whether to confront Ledesma.
3. What excuse does Joey give for leaving in Scene 17?
(a) He needs a drink.
(b) He has to pee.
(c) He has a bus to catch.
(d) He is getting cigarettes.
4. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
(b) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(c) Helicopters are circling.
(d) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
5. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
(a) She is anemic.
(b) She is manic-depressive.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has smallpox.
6. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
(a) Class warfare.
(b) Philippine filmmaking.
(c) The overdevelopment of Manila.
(d) Her poor education.
7. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) Conducting a press interview.
(b) Doing shots.
(d) Eating breakfast.
8. Who shoots Senator Avila?
9. What special room in Alacran's room does Scene 6 take place in?
(a) A bowling room.
(b) A humidor.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A screen room.
10. Who does Perlita order to watch Joey in Scene 5?
11. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Getting high.
(b) Writing in her journal.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
(d) Tending a garden.
12. In Scene 5, what does Perlita warm Joey will not be at his safe place?
(b) Phone access.
13. What does Daisy Avila continuously call for in Scene 16?
(c) Her mother.
14. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
(a) His sign.
(b) His political leanings.
(c) His city of origin.
(d) His favorite film.
15. Which character does not appear in Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 10, what reason does Imelda give for Ferdinand's not being there?
2. Whom does Imelda state killed Avila in Scene 10?
3. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
4. Who betrays Joey in Scene 4?
5. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)