|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
(a) Her father.
(b) The NPA.
(c) A planned terorist strike.
(d) The unions.
2. How is Fassbinder distracted when Joey steals his bag in Scene 17?
(a) He is choking on rice.
(b) He writing down an idea for a movie.
(c) He is yelling at Jacob.
(d) He is passed out drunk.
3. What periodical does Jacob work for?
(a) Der Spiegel.
(b) La Monde.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) The New York Times.
4. In Scene 8, what does Ledesma reveal he knows about Daisy?
(a) She was planning to leave Manila.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is a progressive.
(d) She is bribed the Miss Philippines judges.
5. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
(a) His city of origin.
(b) His political leanings.
(c) His sign.
(d) His favorite film.
6. In his soliloquy in Scene 16, what does Senator Avila beg his daughter to do?
(a) Die quietly.
(b) Regain her senses.
(c) FInd love.
(d) Leave Manila.
7. Where is Santos in Scene 16?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The boglands.
8. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
(d) A friend.
9. Where is Senator Avila shot?
(a) In front of the palace.
(b) A hotel lobby.
(c) At his house.
(d) On the street.
10. Who sings a lullaby to Daisy in Scene 16?
(c) Nestor and Barbara.
(d) Senator Avila.
11. What does the ghost of Senator Avila first ask of Daisy in Scene 9?
(a) Assurance she will not die.
(b) A hug.
(c) A grandchild.
12. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
(a) Kicking a stone.
(b) Taking photos.
(c) Touching Joey's leg.
(d) Drinking his coffee.
13. Who shoots Senator Avila?
14. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) He thinks Joey is an artistic soul.
(b) He wants to move to Manila.
(c) He loves him.
(d) His life has been leading to their meeting.
15. What does Imelda say about Daisy Avila in Scene 10?
(a) She has been released.
(b) She has died in childbirth.
(c) She was never questioned.
(d) She is on her way to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
2. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
3. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
4. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
5. At the end of Scene 10, what reason does Imelda give for Ferdinand's not being there?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)