|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots Senator Avila?
2. What does Avila say he is at the end of Scene 16?
(b) In love.
3. At the end of Scene 10, what reason does Imelda give for Ferdinand's not being there?
(a) He is golfing.
(b) He is in a meeting.
(c) He is meeting with Burt Reynolds.
(d) He has a cold.
4. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) The media was shut down.
(b) The Avila house was burned down.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
(d) The roads have been blockaded.
5. How long does Imelda Marcos give Bob stone for their Scene 10 interview?
(a) One hour.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 2 minutes.
6. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Writing in her journal.
(b) Getting high.
(c) Tending a garden.
(d) Reading the newspaper.
7. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
(b) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
(c) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(d) Helicopters are circling.
8. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
(a) She was regal from a young age.
(b) She cannot remember her childhood.
(c) She came from meek beginnings.
(d) She grew up in France.
9. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
(a) Touching Joey's leg.
(b) Drinking his coffee.
(c) Taking photos.
(d) Kicking a stone.
10. What is Lolita worried about in Scene 6?
(a) Not winning the top acrting prize in the film festival.
(b) General Ledesma finding about her other lovers.
(c) Not being able to get foreign products if martial law occurs.
(d) Rebels mudering her if the Marcoses are overthrown.
11. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
(a) Studio 54.
(b) Senator Avila's house.
(c) The Jeeney Cafe.
(d) Barbara and Nestor's studio.
12. What can Senator Avila in succeed in doing with his daughter in Scene 16?
(a) Singing her to sleep.
(b) Changing her linens.
(c) Talking to her about Santos.
(d) Feeding her.
13. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
(a) A print of a Hollywood film.
(b) Skin whitener.
(c) A gun.
14. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
(a) She has smallpox.
(b) She is anemic.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is manic-depressive.
15. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
(a) Injects him with heroin.
(b) Brandishes his knife.
(c) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who betrays Joey in Scene 4?
2. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
3. Where is Santos in Scene 16?
4. Where does Scene 11 take place?
5. Which character does not appear in Scene 2?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)