|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
(a) Drinking his coffee.
(b) Taking photos.
(c) Touching Joey's leg.
(d) Kicking a stone.
2. What does Avila say he is at the end of Scene 16?
(a) In love.
3. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Writing in her journal.
(b) Tending a garden.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
(d) Getting high.
4. At the end of Scene 10, what reason does Imelda give for Ferdinand's not being there?
(a) He is meeting with Burt Reynolds.
(b) He has a cold.
(c) He is in a meeting.
(d) He is golfing.
5. How does Joey entertain himself in Scene 17?
(a) He throws sugar packets at passers-by.
(b) He tells wild lies to Fassbinder.
(c) He berates the waiter.
(d) He make up haikus.
6. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
(a) Senator Avila.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Rio's grandmother.
7. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) The Avila house was burned down.
(b) The media was shut down.
(c) The roads have been blockaded.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
8. What does "ka" mean?
9. Who does Joey first tell about witnessing the assassination?
10. How does Joey kill Uncle in Scene 4?
(a) He pushes him from a balcony.
(b) He poisons him.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He stabs him.
11. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
(b) Bob Stone.
12. What does Daisy Avila continuously call for in Scene 16?
(b) Her mother.
13. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
(a) Her burnt-down house.
(b) A dead Santos.
(c) Her miscarried child.
(d) A dead Senator Avila.
14. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
(a) A print of a Hollywood film.
(b) A gun.
(c) Skin whitener.
15. Who is the only witness to Avila's murder in Scene 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost of Senator Avila first ask of Daisy in Scene 9?
2. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
3. Who is murdered in Scene 7?
4. Who sings a lullaby to Daisy in Scene 16?
5. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)