|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fassbinder refuse to do for Joey in Scene 17?
(a) Pay him.
(b) Be photographer with him.
(c) Kiss him on the mouth.
(d) Take him to Germany.
2. Whom does Imelda state killed Avila in Scene 10?
3. What does Avila say he is at the end of Scene 16?
(c) In love.
4. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) Conducting a press interview.
(c) Doing shots.
(d) Eating breakfast.
5. Why does Freddy get angry at Rio in Scene 1?
(a) She won't tell him where she was last night.
(b) She gets high in front of him.
(c) She laughs at the assassination.
(d) She speaks to him in English.
6. How is Fassbinder distracted when Joey steals his bag in Scene 17?
(a) He is choking on rice.
(b) He writing down an idea for a movie.
(c) He is yelling at Jacob.
(d) He is passed out drunk.
7. Who is murdered in Scene 7?
8. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
(a) Free her.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Murder her.
(d) Marry her.
9. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
10. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
(a) Her poor education.
(b) The overdevelopment of Manila.
(c) Philippine filmmaking.
(d) Class warfare.
11. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
(a) She has smallpox.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is manic-depressive.
(d) She is anemic.
12. Why does Ledesma rebuke Carreon in Scene 8?
(a) Carreon uses foul language.
(b) Carreon falls asleep.
(c) Carreon unties Daisy.
(d) Carreon threatens Daisy.
13. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to leave Manila.
(b) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
(c) Whether to commit suicide.
(d) Whether to confront Ledesma.
14. Who does Perlita order to watch Joey in Scene 5?
15. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
(a) Marcos and Santos.
(b) Her father and God.
(c) Herself and her child.
(d) The Philippines and Ledesma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only witness to Avila's murder in Scene 17?
2. What special room in Alacran's room does Scene 6 take place in?
3. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
4. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
5. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)