|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
(a) Brandishes his knife.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Injects him with heroin.
(d) Kisses him.
2. Who betrays Joey in Scene 4?
3. How does Joey entertain himself in Scene 17?
(a) He make up haikus.
(b) He tells wild lies to Fassbinder.
(c) He berates the waiter.
(d) He throws sugar packets at passers-by.
4. In Scene 8, what does Ledesma reveal he knows about Daisy?
(a) She is bribed the Miss Philippines judges.
(b) She is a progressive.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She was planning to leave Manila.
5. What does Daisy Avila continuously call for in Scene 16?
(a) Her mother.
6. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
(a) She cannot remember her childhood.
(b) She grew up in France.
(c) She was regal from a young age.
(d) She came from meek beginnings.
7. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
(c) Bob Stone.
8. What is Imelda particularly proud of regarding the shoes she shows in Scene 10?
(a) They were made in the Philippines.
(b) They are handmade in Sweden.
(c) They were worn by Grace Kelly.
(d) They are the first she ever owned.
9. Why does Freddy get angry at Rio in Scene 1?
(a) She speaks to him in English.
(b) She won't tell him where she was last night.
(c) She laughs at the assassination.
(d) She gets high in front of him.
10. In Scene 5, what does Perlita warm Joey will not be at his safe place?
(c) Phone access.
11. What does Daisy confess in Scene 4?
12. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
(a) William McKinley.
(b) Rio's grandmother.
(c) Senator Avila.
(d) Joey's mother.
13. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
(a) The overdevelopment of Manila.
(b) Philippine filmmaking.
(c) Her poor education.
(d) Class warfare.
14. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
(a) His daughter's room.
(b) A protest.
(d) A meeting.
15. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
(a) The people's servant.
(b) The people's mistress.
(c) The people's goddess.
(d) The people's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his soliloquy in Scene 16, what does Senator Avila beg his daughter to do?
2. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
3. How is Fassbinder distracted when Joey steals his bag in Scene 17?
4. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
5. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)