|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 10, what reason does Imelda give for Ferdinand's not being there?
(a) He is meeting with Burt Reynolds.
(b) He has a cold.
(c) He is golfing.
(d) He is in a meeting.
2. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
3. In Scene 6, what has Lolita heard about Daisy Avila?
(a) She has joined the rebels in the mountains.
(b) She has fled to East Timor.
(c) She is being tortured and raped.
(d) She is dead.
4. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He has whooping cough.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(d) He has dysentery.
5. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
(b) A protest.
(c) His daughter's room.
(d) A meeting.
6. Who is the only witness to Avila's murder in Scene 17?
7. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
(a) Senator Avila's house.
(b) The Jeeney Cafe.
(c) Studio 54.
(d) Barbara and Nestor's studio.
8. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
(d) Bob Stone.
9. Who -not at the scene of the assassination - starts crying in Scene 17?
10. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He wants to move to Manila.
(c) He thinks Joey is an artistic soul.
(d) His life has been leading to their meeting.
11. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
(a) Because she was deathly ill.
(b) Becomes he did not love her any more.
(c) So he wouldn't have to see her again.
(d) To keep her safe.
12. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
(a) A friend.
13. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
(a) They are disgusted by him.
(b) They pity him.
(c) They are amused by him.
(d) They are in love with him.
14. What special room in Alacran's room does Scene 6 take place in?
(a) A screen room.
(b) A humidor.
(c) A bowling room.
(d) A greenhouse.
15. Why does Ledesma rebuke Carreon in Scene 8?
(a) Carreon threatens Daisy.
(b) Carreon uses foul language.
(c) Carreon unties Daisy.
(d) Carreon falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Senator Avila shot?
2. What does Daisy confess in Scene 4?
3. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
4. What does Senator Avila say that Daisy wants to do in Scene 16?
5. What does the ghost of Senator Avila first ask of Daisy in Scene 9?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)