|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who betrays Joey in Scene 4?
2. Who does Perlita order to watch Joey in Scene 5?
3. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
(a) Injects him with heroin.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Brandishes his knife.
4. Why does Ledesma rebuke Carreon in Scene 8?
(a) Carreon unties Daisy.
(b) Carreon uses foul language.
(c) Carreon falls asleep.
(d) Carreon threatens Daisy.
5. What does Imelda say about Daisy Avila in Scene 10?
(a) She has died in childbirth.
(b) She has been released.
(c) She is on her way to England.
(d) She was never questioned.
6. What final tragedy befalls Daisy at the end of Scene 9?
(a) She is strangled to death.
(b) She sees Santos murdered.
(c) She miscarries.
(d) She is raped by Carreon.
7. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
(a) Touching Joey's leg.
(b) Kicking a stone.
(c) Drinking his coffee.
(d) Taking photos.
8. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(c) He has whooping cough.
(d) He has dysentery.
9. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
(a) Murder her.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Free her.
10. What is the name of the camp in which Daisy is held captive?
11. Who shoots Senator Avila?
12. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
(d) Bob Stone.
13. Who sings a lullaby to Daisy in Scene 16?
(a) Senator Avila.
(c) Nestor and Barbara.
14. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) Conducting a press interview.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Doing shots.
15. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Writing in her journal.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Tending a garden.
(d) Getting high.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, what has Lolita heard about Daisy Avila?
2. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
3. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
4. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
5. Who is murdered in Scene 7?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)