|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final tragedy befalls Daisy at the end of Scene 9?
(a) She sees Santos murdered.
(b) She is raped by Carreon.
(c) She is strangled to death.
(d) She miscarries.
2. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
(a) She is manic-depressive.
(b) She is anemic.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has smallpox.
3. What does Senator Avila say that Daisy wants to do in Scene 16?
(a) Help the people of the Philippines.
(b) Cease existing.
(c) Move to the United States.
(d) Have a big, happy family.
4. In Scene 6, what has Lolita heard about Daisy Avila?
(a) She has joined the rebels in the mountains.
(b) She has fled to East Timor.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is being tortured and raped.
5. How does Joey kill Uncle in Scene 4?
(a) He pushes him from a balcony.
(b) He poisons him.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He stabs him.
6. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Getting high.
(b) Writing in her journal.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
(d) Tending a garden.
7. Who betrays Joey in Scene 4?
8. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
(a) Chiquiting said she'd meet him here.
(b) He didn't know where else to go.
(c) The soldiers never come there.
(d) He left his DJ equipment here.
9. In Scene 5, what does Perlita warm Joey will not be at his safe place?
(b) Phone access.
10. What character is discussed in the radio report of Scene 11?
11. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(b) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
(c) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
(d) Helicopters are circling.
12. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
(a) The NPA.
(b) A planned terorist strike.
(c) Her father.
(d) The unions.
13. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
(a) Taking photos.
(b) Drinking his coffee.
(c) Touching Joey's leg.
(d) Kicking a stone.
14. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
(a) She cannot remember her childhood.
(b) She was regal from a young age.
(c) She grew up in France.
(d) She came from meek beginnings.
15. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 8, what does Ledesma reveal he knows about Daisy?
2. What does "ka" mean?
3. How long does Imelda Marcos give Bob stone for their Scene 10 interview?
4. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
5. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)