|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "ka" mean?
2. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) The media was shut down.
(b) The Avila house was burned down.
(c) The roads have been blockaded.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
3. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
(a) His sign.
(b) His favorite film.
(c) His political leanings.
(d) His city of origin.
4. In Scene 6, what has Lolita heard about Daisy Avila?
(a) She has fled to East Timor.
(b) She is being tortured and raped.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She has joined the rebels in the mountains.
5. How long does Imelda Marcos give Bob stone for their Scene 10 interview?
(a) One hour.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
6. How does Joey entertain himself in Scene 17?
(a) He tells wild lies to Fassbinder.
(b) He throws sugar packets at passers-by.
(c) He berates the waiter.
(d) He make up haikus.
7. What is Imelda particularly proud of regarding the shoes she shows in Scene 10?
(a) They were made in the Philippines.
(b) They are handmade in Sweden.
(c) They are the first she ever owned.
(d) They were worn by Grace Kelly.
8. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
(a) The overdevelopment of Manila.
(b) Philippine filmmaking.
(c) Her poor education.
(d) Class warfare.
9. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
(a) Her father.
(b) A planned terorist strike.
(c) The NPA.
(d) The unions.
10. How does Joey kill Uncle in Scene 4?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He pushes him from a balcony.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He strangles him.
11. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
12. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
(b) Helicopters are circling.
(c) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(d) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
13. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Manila's sewers.
(c) The prison camp.
(d) Nestor and Barbara's studio.
14. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) Doing shots.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Conducting a press interview.
15. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
(a) She is anemic.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has smallpox.
(d) She is manic-depressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
2. What final tragedy befalls Daisy at the end of Scene 9?
3. Who is the only witness to Avila's murder in Scene 17?
4. What periodical does Jacob work for?
5. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)