|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
(b) The roads have been blockaded.
(c) The Avila house was burned down.
(d) The media was shut down.
2. What does the ghost of Senator Avila first ask of Daisy in Scene 9?
(a) Assurance she will not die.
(c) A hug.
(d) A grandchild.
3. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
(a) They are amused by him.
(b) They are disgusted by him.
(c) They are in love with him.
(d) They pity him.
4. What does Imelda say about Daisy Avila in Scene 10?
(a) She was never questioned.
(b) She has died in childbirth.
(c) She has been released.
(d) She is on her way to England.
5. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
(a) So he wouldn't have to see her again.
(b) To keep her safe.
(c) Because she was deathly ill.
(d) Becomes he did not love her any more.
6. Who is the only witness to Avila's murder in Scene 17?
7. In his soliloquy in Scene 16, what does Senator Avila beg his daughter to do?
(a) FInd love.
(b) Die quietly.
(c) Regain her senses.
(d) Leave Manila.
8. What excuse does Joey give for leaving in Scene 17?
(a) He needs a drink.
(b) He has to pee.
(c) He is getting cigarettes.
(d) He has a bus to catch.
9. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
(a) Herself and her child.
(b) Her father and God.
(c) The Philippines and Ledesma.
(d) Marcos and Santos.
10. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to leave Manila.
(b) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(c) Whether to commit suicide.
(d) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
11. Where is Senator Avila shot?
(a) In front of the palace.
(b) On the street.
(c) A hotel lobby.
(d) At his house.
12. What is Imelda particularly proud of regarding the shoes she shows in Scene 10?
(a) They were worn by Grace Kelly.
(b) They are handmade in Sweden.
(c) They are the first she ever owned.
(d) They were made in the Philippines.
13. Whom does Imelda state killed Avila in Scene 10?
14. What character is discussed in the radio report of Scene 11?
15. Why does Ledesma rebuke Carreon in Scene 8?
(a) Carreon falls asleep.
(b) Carreon unties Daisy.
(c) Carreon uses foul language.
(d) Carreon threatens Daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fassbinder refuse to do for Joey in Scene 17?
2. What can Senator Avila in succeed in doing with his daughter in Scene 16?
3. What does Daisy confess in Scene 4?
4. What does Senator Avila say that Daisy wants to do in Scene 16?
5. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)