|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
(a) A friend.
2. Where is Senator Avila shot?
(a) In front of the palace.
(b) A hotel lobby.
(c) On the street.
(d) At his house.
3. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
(a) Senator Avila's house.
(b) The Jeeney Cafe.
(c) Studio 54.
(d) Barbara and Nestor's studio.
4. How long does Imelda Marcos give Bob stone for their Scene 10 interview?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) One hour.
5. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
6. In Scene 10, what does Imelda say of her detractors?
(a) They are foreign agents.
(b) They are Communists.
(c) They are deluded.
(d) They are jealous.
7. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Reading the newspaper.
(b) Tending a garden.
(c) Writing in her journal.
(d) Getting high.
8. How does Joey kill Uncle in Scene 4?
(a) He strangles him.
(b) He poisons him.
(c) He pushes him from a balcony.
(d) He stabs him.
9. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to leave Manila.
(b) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(c) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
(d) Whether to commit suicide.
10. What does Fassbinder refuse to do for Joey in Scene 17?
(a) Kiss him on the mouth.
(b) Take him to Germany.
(c) Be photographer with him.
(d) Pay him.
11. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
(a) They are disgusted by him.
(b) They are amused by him.
(c) They pity him.
(d) They are in love with him.
12. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
(a) Becomes he did not love her any more.
(b) To keep her safe.
(c) Because she was deathly ill.
(d) So he wouldn't have to see her again.
13. What does Avila say he is at the end of Scene 16?
(c) In love.
14. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
(a) Rio's grandmother.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Senator Avila.
15. How is Fassbinder distracted when Joey steals his bag in Scene 17?
(a) He is yelling at Jacob.
(b) He is passed out drunk.
(c) He writing down an idea for a movie.
(d) He is choking on rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
2. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
3. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
4. Who sings a lullaby to Daisy in Scene 16?
5. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)