|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Santos in Scene 16?
(a) The mountains.
(c) The boglands.
2. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(b) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
(c) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
(d) Helicopters are circling.
3. Which character does not appear in Scene 2?
4. What does Imelda say about Daisy Avila in Scene 10?
(a) She was never questioned.
(b) She is on her way to England.
(c) She has died in childbirth.
(d) She has been released.
5. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Brandishes his knife.
(d) Injects him with heroin.
6. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
(a) Bob Stone.
7. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
(a) They are in love with him.
(b) They pity him.
(c) They are disgusted by him.
(d) They are amused by him.
8. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He has dysentery.
(c) He has whooping cough.
(d) He is withdrawing from heroin.
9. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
10. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
(a) Chiquiting said she'd meet him here.
(b) He didn't know where else to go.
(c) The soldiers never come there.
(d) He left his DJ equipment here.
11. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
(a) A print of a Hollywood film.
(b) Skin whitener.
(c) A gun.
12. Who does Joey first tell about witnessing the assassination?
13. Who shoots Senator Avila?
14. Why does Freddy get angry at Rio in Scene 1?
(a) She laughs at the assassination.
(b) She gets high in front of him.
(c) She won't tell him where she was last night.
(d) She speaks to him in English.
15. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) The Avila house was burned down.
(b) The roads have been blockaded.
(c) The media was shut down.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
2. Who sings a lullaby to Daisy in Scene 16?
3. In Scene 5, what does Perlita warm Joey will not be at his safe place?
4. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
5. Who betrays Joey in Scene 4?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)