|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avila say he is at the end of Scene 16?
(d) In love.
2. What does Imelda ask Bob Stone out of nowhere in Scene 10?
(a) His political leanings.
(b) His city of origin.
(c) His sign.
(d) His favorite film.
3. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
(a) Marcos and Santos.
(b) The Philippines and Ledesma.
(c) Herself and her child.
(d) Her father and God.
4. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) His life has been leading to their meeting.
(b) He thinks Joey is an artistic soul.
(c) He wants to move to Manila.
(d) He loves him.
5. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He has dysentery.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(d) He has whooping cough.
6. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
7. What does the ghost of Senator Avila first ask of Daisy in Scene 9?
(b) Assurance she will not die.
(c) A hug.
(d) A grandchild.
8. What periodical does Jacob work for?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) Der Spiegel.
(d) La Monde.
9. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
(a) Senator Avila's house.
(b) Barbara and Nestor's studio.
(c) Studio 54.
(d) The Jeeney Cafe.
10. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Injects him with heroin.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Brandishes his knife.
11. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
(a) A planned terorist strike.
(b) The unions.
(c) The NPA.
(d) Her father.
12. Why does Ledesma rebuke Carreon in Scene 8?
(a) Carreon uses foul language.
(b) Carreon falls asleep.
(c) Carreon threatens Daisy.
(d) Carreon unties Daisy.
13. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
(a) They are in love with him.
(b) They are disgusted by him.
(c) They pity him.
(d) They are amused by him.
14. How long does Imelda Marcos give Bob stone for their Scene 10 interview?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) 2 minutes.
15. Where is Santos in Scene 16?
(a) The boglands.
(b) The mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "ka" mean?
2. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
3. What does Daisy Avila continuously call for in Scene 16?
4. What does Imelda say about her childhood in Scene 10?
5. Who does Joey first tell about witnessing the assassination?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)