|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is not speaking on a phone in Scene 4?
(d) Bob Stone.
2. What does General Ledesma interrogate Daisy about in Scene 8?
(a) The unions.
(b) Her father.
(c) A planned terorist strike.
(d) The NPA.
3. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
(a) The people's servant.
(b) The people's goddess.
(c) The people's mistress.
(d) The people's mother.
4. At the end of Scene 8, what is in the picture that Ledesma shows Daisy?
(a) Her burnt-down house.
(b) A dead Santos.
(c) A dead Senator Avila.
(d) Her miscarried child.
5. In Scene 16, Senator Avila says he sent Daisy's mother away for what reason?
(a) Because she was deathly ill.
(b) To keep her safe.
(c) Becomes he did not love her any more.
(d) So he wouldn't have to see her again.
6. Who -not at the scene of the assassination - starts crying in Scene 17?
7. What excuse does Joey give for leaving in Scene 17?
(a) He is getting cigarettes.
(b) He needs a drink.
(c) He has a bus to catch.
(d) He has to pee.
8. What does Fassbinder refuse to do for Joey in Scene 17?
(a) Take him to Germany.
(b) Be photographer with him.
(c) Pay him.
(d) Kiss him on the mouth.
9. What does Rio rail against at the end of Scene 1?
(a) Her poor education.
(b) Class warfare.
(c) The overdevelopment of Manila.
(d) Philippine filmmaking.
10. Who tells Rio of the assassination in Scene 1?
11. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
(a) Free her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Murder her.
(d) Rape her.
12. How long does Imelda Marcos give Bob stone for their Scene 10 interview?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
13. What does Uncle do to quiet Joey in Scene 3?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Injects him with heroin.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Brandishes his knife.
14. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He has dysentery.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(d) He has whooping cough.
15. In Scene 5, what does Perlita warm Joey will not be at his safe place?
(d) Phone access.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 10, what does Imelda say of her detractors?
2. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
3. What morose, repetitive action is Fassbinder doing throughout Scene 17?
4. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
5. What is Rio doing at the beginning of Scene 1?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)