|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special room in Alacran's room does Scene 6 take place in?
(a) A greenhouse.
(b) A bowling room.
(c) A humidor.
(d) A screen room.
2. What periodical does Jacob work for?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Der Spiegel.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) La Monde.
3. Who shoots Senator Avila?
4. How does Joey entertain himself in Scene 17?
(a) He make up haikus.
(b) He berates the waiter.
(c) He throws sugar packets at passers-by.
(d) He tells wild lies to Fassbinder.
5. What does Daisy debate to herself after confession in Scene 4?
(a) Whether to plea for mercy to the Marcoses.
(b) Whether to leave Manila.
(c) Whether to confront Ledesma.
(d) Whether to commit suicide.
6. Where is Santos in Scene 16?
(c) The mountains.
(d) The boglands.
7. Who betrays Joey in Scene 4?
8. What is Imelda particularly proud of regarding the shoes she shows in Scene 10?
(a) They are handmade in Sweden.
(b) They were worn by Grace Kelly.
(c) They are the first she ever owned.
(d) They were made in the Philippines.
9. What can Senator Avila in succeed in doing with his daughter in Scene 16?
(a) Feeding her.
(b) Singing her to sleep.
(c) Talking to her about Santos.
(d) Changing her linens.
10. In Scene 9, Senator Avila's ghost tells Daisy she must have what?
(d) A friend.
11. What does Senator Avila say that Daisy wants to do in Scene 16?
(a) Cease existing.
(b) Move to the United States.
(c) Have a big, happy family.
(d) Help the people of the Philippines.
12. What is Lolita worried about in Scene 6?
(a) General Ledesma finding about her other lovers.
(b) Rebels mudering her if the Marcoses are overthrown.
(c) Not winning the top acrting prize in the film festival.
(d) Not being able to get foreign products if martial law occurs.
13. Why does Freddy get angry at Rio in Scene 1?
(a) She laughs at the assassination.
(b) She gets high in front of him.
(c) She speaks to him in English.
(d) She won't tell him where she was last night.
14. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
(a) A protest.
(c) A meeting.
(d) His daughter's room.
15. Which ominous military maneuver happens after Avila's murder?
(a) Checkpoints are set up outside Manila.
(b) Soldiers are occupying the factories.
(c) Spikes are being lain on the roads.
(d) Helicopters are circling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Imelda Marcos give Bob stone for their Scene 10 interview?
2. What does "ka" mean?
3. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
4. At the end of Scene 10, what reason does Imelda give for Ferdinand's not being there?
5. How does Imelda characterize herself at the end of her Scene 10 interview?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)