|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
(a) A print of a Hollywood film.
(b) A gun.
(c) Skin whitener.
2. Who sings a lullaby to Daisy in Scene 16?
(b) Senator Avila.
(d) Nestor and Barbara.
3. Who shoots Senator Avila?
4. Why does Freddy get angry at Rio in Scene 1?
(a) She laughs at the assassination.
(b) She speaks to him in English.
(c) She gets high in front of him.
(d) She won't tell him where she was last night.
5. What are Joey and Fassbinder doing at the beginning of Scene 17?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Conducting a press interview.
(d) Doing shots.
6. Which of the following is something that is related to have happened after the assassination in Scene 4?
(a) Ferdinand Marcos has stepped down.
(b) The roads have been blockaded.
(c) The media was shut down.
(d) The Avila house was burned down.
7. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
(a) Senator Avila.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) Rio's grandmother.
(d) Joey's mother.
8. In his soliloquy in Scene 16, what does Senator Avila beg his daughter to do?
(a) Regain her senses.
(b) Leave Manila.
(c) FInd love.
(d) Die quietly.
9. Who does Joey first tell about witnessing the assassination?
10. What does Daisy curse in Scene 9?
(a) Her father and God.
(b) The Philippines and Ledesma.
(c) Marcos and Santos.
(d) Herself and her child.
11. What does Senator Avila say that Daisy wants to do in Scene 16?
(a) Help the people of the Philippines.
(b) Have a big, happy family.
(c) Move to the United States.
(d) Cease existing.
12. Who does Perlita order to watch Joey in Scene 5?
13. Who emerges from the confessional in Scene 4?
14. What special room in Alacran's room does Scene 6 take place in?
(a) A screen room.
(b) A greenhouse.
(c) A humidor.
(d) A bowling room.
15. Before leaving at the end of Scene 8, what does Ledesma promise he will do to Daisy?
(a) Free her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Murder her.
(d) Rape her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fassbinder refuse to do for Joey in Scene 17?
2. Where does Scene 11 take place?
3. In Scene 5, why does Joey say he came to Studio 54?
4. Which character does not appear in Scene 2?
5. What is Avila on his way to when he is killed at the end of Act I?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)