|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Philippine Independence Day.
(b) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
(c) Manila International Film Festival.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
2. Why is Senator Avila well known in the Philippines?
(a) He was once a movie star.
(b) He is vice president.
(c) He is leader of the opposition party.
(d) He is morried into the Marcos family.
3. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) A new sex show in Manila.
(b) Daisy Avila.
(c) Harrison Ford.
(d) Imelda Marcos.
4. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(b) Daisy Avila.
5. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) Rainer Fassbinder.
(b) General Ledesma.
(c) Daisy Avila.
(d) Her husband.
6. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
7. What celebrity has Pucha just seen at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) Brooke Shields.
(b) Burt Reynolds.
(c) Corey Haim.
(d) Timothy Hutton.
8. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
(a) Her grandmother has died.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She is attending school there.
(d) She has a job there,
9. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
(a) She is thinking about her grandmother.
(b) The city is less lively than she remembers it.
(c) She misses San Francisco.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend is getting married.
10. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) A literary prize.
(b) Miss Philippines title.
(c) A Philippines Oscar.
(d) A Rhodes scholariship.
11. Where is the cafe located in Scene 9?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A strip mall.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) The central rambla.
12. Where is Santos Triador in Scene 5?
(a) In America.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the jungle.
(d) In Senator Avila's estate.
13. What does Perlita warn Joey about Uncle in Scene 10?
(a) He is killing Joey.
(b) He owes money to General Ledesma.
(c) He is stealing Joey's money.
(d) He is going to drop Joey.
14. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Gun shots.
(c) Radio clips.
(d) Sounds of lovemaking.
15. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
(a) Joey's music choices.
(b) Gay activity.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Progressive politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
2. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
3. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
4. What do Nestor and Barbara promise about the plot in Scene 2?
5. How is Freddie Gonzaga related to Rio?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)