|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
(a) He pulls out cash.
(b) He says he loves him.
(c) He offers him an acting role.
(d) He gives him drugs.
2. Where is the cafe located in Scene 9?
(a) A strip mall.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The central rambla.
3. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) Daisy's boyfriend.
(b) His intentions to run for president.
(c) The secret to his golf swing.
(d) A recommendation for the film festival.
4. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
5. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
(b) She looses her wallet.
(c) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
(d) The waiter hits on Rio.
6. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He threatens not to get him work.
(b) He pulls a knife on him.
(c) He gets him high.
(d) He kisses him.
7. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
(a) He is being paid double.
(b) He is playing one of his own songs.
(c) He has never DJ'ed before.
(d) Imelda may attend.
8. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
(a) Pornographic film star.
(d) Jesuit priest.
9. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(c) Daisy Avila.
10. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) A new sex show in Manila.
(c) Harrison Ford.
(d) Imelda Marcos.
11. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
(b) Burying them under the foundations.
(c) Refused to recognize their union.
(d) Regularly sleeping with them.
12. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
13. What does Alacran recommend in Scene 12 after Carreon skulks off?
(a) A film screening.
(b) A drink.
(c) A friendly wager.
(d) A debate about the Marcos regime.
14. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
(a) He has sworn a loyalty oath.
(b) He is retiring.
(c) He is friends with Ledesma.
(d) He thinks Marcos will be overthrown soon.
15. What is the NPA?
(a) The loyalist political party.
(b) A trade workers' union.
(c) An insurgent group.
(d) The premier Philippine film school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Odeon failing in Manila?
2. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
3. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
4. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
5. How did Severo Alacran's family die?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)