|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carreon not want to play golf in Scene 12?
(a) He is missing his first child's birth.
(b) He is using old clubs.
(c) He is bad at the game.
(d) He is disgusted by Avila's ideology.
2. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) She looses her wallet.
(b) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
(c) The waiter hits on Rio.
(d) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
3. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
(a) She is the first non-loyalist to win.
(b) She is the first university student to win.
(c) She is the first dark-skinned girl to win.
(d) She is the first girl under 18 to win.
4. Why is Senator Avila well known in the Philippines?
(a) He was once a movie star.
(b) He is morried into the Marcos family.
(c) He is leader of the opposition party.
(d) He is vice president.
5. What does Rio say disgusts her in Scene 9?
(a) The behavior of the Marcos regime.
(b) Her father's new wife.
(c) Her food at the cafe.
(d) The new multiplex.
6. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) Joey Sands.
(d) Leonor Ledesma.
7. What does Perlita warn Joey about Uncle in Scene 10?
(a) He owes money to General Ledesma.
(b) He is stealing Joey's money.
(c) He is going to drop Joey.
(d) He is killing Joey.
8. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
(a) It is Christmas.
(b) It is Daisy Avila's birthday.
(c) It is the anniversary of the Philippine independence.
(d) It is the first day of the film festival.
9. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
(b) Joey Sands.
(d) General Ledesma.
10. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) Kim Novac.
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) James Stewart.
(d) Doris Day.
11. Why is Uncle berating Joey in Scene 4?
(a) He has been out of town.
(b) He has been turning tricks on the side.
(c) He is high.
(d) He is listening to the radio.
12. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
(a) He is retiring.
(b) He is friends with Ledesma.
(c) He thinks Marcos will be overthrown soon.
(d) He has sworn a loyalty oath.
13. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
(d) His children.
14. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A film center.
(b) A soccer stadium.
(c) A monorail.
(d) A new palace.
15. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
(a) She was an extra in the film of M*A*S*H.
(b) She was runner-up in Miss Philippines pageant.
(c) She is the second wealthiest woman in Manila.
(d) She is Imelda Marcos's neice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
2. How is Freddie Gonzaga related to Rio?
3. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
4. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
5. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)