|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Joey explain in Scene 10?
(a) Dialectal materialism.
2. While they have sex in Scene 15, what does Romeo accidentally call Trini?
3. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(a) Daisy Avila.
4. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
(a) Speaks in tongues.
(c) Whips herself.
5. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Sounds of lovemaking.
(b) Radio clips.
(d) Gun shots.
6. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
(a) She is Imelda Marcos's neice.
(b) She was runner-up in Miss Philippines pageant.
(c) She was an extra in the film of M*A*S*H.
(d) She is the second wealthiest woman in Manila.
7. Why is the Odeon failing in Manila?
(a) The Film Center construction is blocking the entrance.
(b) A new multiplex has opened.
(c) Fewer films are coming to the Philippines.
(d) The owners are trying to sink it.
8. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
(a) Amorous Tempest.
(b) Love Letters.
(c) Passions of the Heart.
(d) Joys and Terrors.
9. What does Trini declare herself to be at the end of Scene 6?
(a) An idealist.
(b) An artist.
(c) A socialist.
(d) A feminist.
10. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) His intentions to run for president.
(b) The secret to his golf swing.
(c) Daisy's boyfriend.
(d) A recommendation for the film festival.
11. Who are Nestor Noralez and Barbara Villanueva?
(a) Itinerrants in Manila.
(b) Radio stars.
(c) Former Philippine presidents.
(d) FIlm critics.
12. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
(a) He is being paid double.
(b) He is playing one of his own songs.
(c) He has never DJ'ed before.
(d) Imelda may attend.
13. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend is getting married.
(b) The city is less lively than she remembers it.
(c) She misses San Francisco.
(d) She is thinking about her grandmother.
14. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) Rainer Fassbinder.
(b) Her husband.
(c) General Ledesma.
(d) Daisy Avila.
15. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
(a) Nationalization of the banks.
(b) An end to martial law.
(c) Tax reform.
(d) Free elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lolita Luna rumored to be having an affair with?
2. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
3. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
4. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
5. Which character is not in attendance at the golf game in Scene 12?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)