|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) The secret to his golf swing.
(b) Daisy's boyfriend.
(c) A recommendation for the film festival.
(d) His intentions to run for president.
2. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
(a) She is the first girl under 18 to win.
(b) She is the first dark-skinned girl to win.
(c) She is the first non-loyalist to win.
(d) She is the first university student to win.
3. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) James Stewart.
(d) Kim Novac.
4. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
(a) Nationalization of the banks.
(b) Free elections.
(c) Tax reform.
(d) An end to martial law.
5. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
(a) Speaks in tongues.
(d) Whips herself.
6. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
(a) The 1950's.
(b) The mid-1970's.
(c) The mid 17th century.
(d) The late 19th century.
7. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
(a) It will last two months.
(b) It will not affect national commerce.
(c) It will feature a future Oscar winner.
(d) It will be bigger than Cannes.
8. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(d) Imelda Marcos.
9. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Refused to recognize their union.
(b) Regularly sleeping with them.
(c) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
(d) Burying them under the foundations.
10. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Philippine Independence Day.
(b) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
(d) Manila International Film Festival.
11. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(b) The Americans.
(c) Australian natives.
12. Where is the cafe located in Scene 9?
(a) A strip mall.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) The central rambla.
13. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
(b) Joey Sands.
(d) General Ledesma.
14. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
(a) Drug use.
(b) Gay activity.
(c) Joey's music choices.
(d) Progressive politics.
15. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(b) Sounds of lovemaking.
(c) Radio clips.
(d) Gun shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is not in attendance at the golf game in Scene 12?
2. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
3. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
4. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
5. What does Trini declare herself to be at the end of Scene 6?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)