|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
2. In Scene 6, why does Romeo say he cannot get a drink with Trini?
(a) He is broke.
(b) He is married.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He does not drink.
3. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) James Stewart.
(b) Kim Novac.
(c) Doris Day.
(d) Cary Grant.
4. What does Alacran recommend in Scene 12 after Carreon skulks off?
(a) A friendly wager.
(b) A drink.
(c) A film screening.
(d) A debate about the Marcos regime.
5. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
(a) Lena Horne.
(b) Diana Ross.
(c) Donna Summers.
(d) Gloria Gaynor.
6. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
(a) She was runner-up in Miss Philippines pageant.
(b) She was an extra in the film of M*A*S*H.
(c) She is Imelda Marcos's neice.
(d) She is the second wealthiest woman in Manila.
7. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
(a) He offers him an acting role.
(b) He gives him drugs.
(c) He pulls out cash.
(d) He says he loves him.
8. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
(a) A jeepney.
(b) A teepee.
(c) A military barracks.
(d) A mobile home.
9. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
(a) He is spitting in their tea.
(b) He is slow.
(c) He smells.
(d) He is ogling Rio.
10. Which revolutionary European director hits on Joey in Scene 10?
11. Which character is not in attendance at the golf game in Scene 12?
(a) Joey Sands.
(b) Severo Alacran.
(c) Lieutenant Carreon.
(d) General Ledesma.
12. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
(a) General Ledesma.
(b) Joey Sands.
13. Whose books is Imelda Marcos said to have banned?
(a) Those of former Philippine leaders.
(d) De Gaulle's.
14. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
(a) Her grandmother has died.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She is attending school there.
(d) She has a job there,
15. What do Nestor and Barbara promise about the plot in Scene 2?
(a) Love will blossom.
(b) The Marcos regime will fall.
(c) Everyone will be okay.
(d) Someone will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
2. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
3. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
4. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
5. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)