|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the NPA?
(a) A trade workers' union.
(b) An insurgent group.
(c) The premier Philippine film school.
(d) The loyalist political party.
2. Whose books is Imelda Marcos said to have banned?
(a) De Gaulle's.
(d) Those of former Philippine leaders.
3. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
(a) The beaks of hummingbirds.
(b) Orchid blooms.
(c) The natives' extremities.
(d) The coastline.
4. What does Perlita warn Joey about Uncle in Scene 10?
(a) He is stealing Joey's money.
(b) He owes money to General Ledesma.
(c) He is going to drop Joey.
(d) He is killing Joey.
5. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(b) The Americans.
(c) Australian natives.
6. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The airport.
(b) The Odeon.
(c) The beach.
(d) A radio studio.
7. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
8. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) She looses her wallet.
(b) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
(c) The waiter hits on Rio.
(d) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
9. Which of the following characters is at the sex show in Scene 15?
10. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
(a) Imelda Marcos.
(b) Daisy Avila.
11. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
(a) A teepee.
(b) A mobile home.
(c) A jeepney.
(d) A military barracks.
12. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(b) Daisy Avila.
13. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
(a) Gay activity.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Joey's music choices.
(d) Progressive politics.
14. What celebrity has Pucha just seen at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) Burt Reynolds.
(b) Corey Haim.
(c) Brooke Shields.
(d) Timothy Hutton.
15. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
(a) The Boogie Down.
(b) Plato's Retreat.
(d) Studio 54.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
2. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
3. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
4. Why is Uncle berating Joey in Scene 4?
5. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)