|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Uncle berating Joey in Scene 4?
(a) He is high.
(b) He is listening to the radio.
(c) He has been turning tricks on the side.
(d) He has been out of town.
2. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Daisy Avila.
(c) General Ledesma.
(d) Rainer Fassbinder.
3. In Scene 14, what is Lolita Luna high on?
4. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
(a) Respectful and subservient.
(b) Tired and flirty.
(c) Ditsy and cloying.
(d) Brusk and rude.
5. Why does Carreon not want to play golf in Scene 12?
(a) He is using old clubs.
(b) He is bad at the game.
(c) He is disgusted by Avila's ideology.
(d) He is missing his first child's birth.
6. Where is the cafe located in Scene 9?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The central rambla.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A strip mall.
7. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
(a) Gay activity.
(b) Progressive politics.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Joey's music choices.
8. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
9. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) A Rhodes scholariship.
(b) A Philippines Oscar.
(c) Miss Philippines title.
(d) A literary prize.
10. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Luis Bunuel.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Yves Saint Laurent.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
11. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are more disenfranchised.
(b) They are more forward.
(c) They are more Anglicized.
(d) They are less understandable.
12. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
(b) Plato's Retreat.
(c) Studio 54.
(d) The Boogie Down.
13. What does Rio say disgusts her in Scene 9?
(a) The new multiplex.
(b) Her father's new wife.
(c) Her food at the cafe.
(d) The behavior of the Marcos regime.
14. Which character is not in attendance at the golf game in Scene 12?
(a) General Ledesma.
(b) Joey Sands.
(c) Severo Alacran.
(d) Lieutenant Carreon.
15. What does Alacran recommend in Scene 12 after Carreon skulks off?
(a) A film screening.
(b) A debate about the Marcos regime.
(c) A friendly wager.
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
2. In Scene 6, why does Romeo say he cannot get a drink with Trini?
3. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
4. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
5. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)