|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The Odeon.
(b) The beach.
(c) The airport.
(d) A radio studio.
2. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(a) Daisy Avila.
3. How did Severo Alacran's family die?
(a) They were killed by the Japanese.
(b) They died in a house fire.
(c) They died in a traffic accident.
(d) They fell ill in a smallpox outbreak.
4. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
(a) It is Daisy Avila's birthday.
(b) It is Christmas.
(c) It is the first day of the film festival.
(d) It is the anniversary of the Philippine independence.
5. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) Agony of Love.
(b) The Ecstasy.
(c) Tension Point.
(d) Mistress and the Night.
6. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) Leonor Ledesma.
(d) Joey Sands.
7. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
(a) Joey's music choices.
(b) Progressive politics.
(c) Drug use.
(d) Gay activity.
8. Who is Lolita Luna rumored to be having an affair with?
(a) Rainer Fassbinder.
(b) General Ledesma.
(c) President Marcos.
(d) Senator Avila.
9. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He threatens not to get him work.
(b) He pulls a knife on him.
(c) He kisses him.
(d) He gets him high.
10. Which revolutionary European director hits on Joey in Scene 10?
11. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A monorail.
(b) A soccer stadium.
(c) A new palace.
(d) A film center.
12. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Gun shots.
(c) Sounds of lovemaking.
(d) Radio clips.
13. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
(a) He has never DJ'ed before.
(b) Imelda may attend.
(c) He is being paid double.
(d) He is playing one of his own songs.
14. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She gives him the key to her room.
(b) She gives him the night off.
(c) She makes him some food.
(d) She lends him some money.
15. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Philippine Independence Day.
(b) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
(c) Manila International Film Festival.
(d) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
2. At the end of Scene 14, what does Joey offer Fassbinder?
3. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
4. In Scene 14, what is Lolita Luna high on?
5. What is the NPA?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)