|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
2. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) James Stewart.
(c) Kim Novac.
(d) Cary Grant.
3. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) Her husband.
(b) General Ledesma.
(c) Daisy Avila.
(d) Rainer Fassbinder.
4. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
(a) He says he loves him.
(b) He pulls out cash.
(c) He offers him an acting role.
(d) He gives him drugs.
5. Whose son is Boomboom?
6. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
(a) Gloria Gaynor.
(b) Diana Ross.
(c) Lena Horne.
(d) Donna Summers.
7. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
(a) It will last two months.
(b) It will feature a future Oscar winner.
(c) It will not affect national commerce.
(d) It will be bigger than Cannes.
8. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(d) Daisy Avila.
9. How is Freddie Gonzaga related to Rio?
(a) He is her father.
(b) They are not related.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her husband.
10. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Refused to recognize their union.
(b) Burying them under the foundations.
(c) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
(d) Regularly sleeping with them.
11. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
12. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
(a) Leonor Ledesma.
(b) Joey Sands.
(c) Daisy Avila.
13. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Radio clips.
(c) Gun shots.
(d) Sounds of lovemaking.
14. In Scene 6, why does Romeo say he cannot get a drink with Trini?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He does not drink.
(d) He is sick.
15. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
(a) Watching Daisy.
(b) Reading Marx.
(c) Plotting against the Marcos regime.
(d) Cheating on Daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor about Daisy Avila surfaces in Scene 10?
2. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
3. Where is Santos Triador in Scene 5?
4. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
5. What does Rio say disgusts her in Scene 9?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)