|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
(a) He has never DJ'ed before.
(b) Imelda may attend.
(c) He is being paid double.
(d) He is playing one of his own songs.
2. Which character in Scene 12 refuses to enjoy himself?
(a) Joey Sands.
(b) Senator Avila.
(c) Severo Alacran.
(d) Lieutenant Carreon.
3. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
(a) A sudden rainstorm.
(b) A tremor.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A sneezing fit.
4. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Rainer Fassbinder.
(d) General Ledesma.
5. Whose son is Boomboom?
6. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
(a) His children.
7. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are more disenfranchised.
(b) They are more forward.
(c) They are less understandable.
(d) They are more Anglicized.
8. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
(a) It is Christmas.
(b) It is the first day of the film festival.
(c) It is the anniversary of the Philippine independence.
(d) It is Daisy Avila's birthday.
9. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
(a) Drug use.
(b) Gay activity.
(c) Joey's music choices.
(d) Progressive politics.
10. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
(a) He is spitting in their tea.
(b) He is slow.
(c) He smells.
(d) He is ogling Rio.
11. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
(a) It will not affect national commerce.
(b) It will be bigger than Cannes.
(c) It will feature a future Oscar winner.
(d) It will last two months.
12. What celebrity has Pucha just seen at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) Burt Reynolds.
(b) Brooke Shields.
(c) Corey Haim.
(d) Timothy Hutton.
13. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Yves Saint Laurent.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Luis Bunuel.
(d) Margaret Thatcher.
14. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) James Stewart.
(b) Doris Day.
(c) Cary Grant.
(d) Kim Novac.
15. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The airport.
(b) The beach.
(c) The Odeon.
(d) A radio studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
2. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
3. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
4. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
5. What does Perlita warn Joey about Uncle in Scene 10?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)