|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
(a) It will not affect national commerce.
(b) It will be bigger than Cannes.
(c) It will feature a future Oscar winner.
(d) It will last two months.
2. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
(a) Lena Horne.
(b) Gloria Gaynor.
(c) Diana Ross.
(d) Donna Summers.
3. Why does Carreon not want to play golf in Scene 12?
(a) He is missing his first child's birth.
(b) He is bad at the game.
(c) He is disgusted by Avila's ideology.
(d) He is using old clubs.
4. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
(a) A sneezing fit.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A sudden rainstorm.
(d) A tremor.
5. Why is Uncle berating Joey in Scene 4?
(a) He has been out of town.
(b) He has been turning tricks on the side.
(c) He is high.
(d) He is listening to the radio.
6. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
(b) Leonor Ledesma.
(c) Daisy Avila.
(d) Joey Sands.
7. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Manila International Film Festival.
(b) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
(c) Philippine Independence Day.
(d) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
8. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
(a) Joey Sands.
(b) General Ledesma.
9. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
(a) Her outfit.
(b) Her gossip.
(c) Her cursing.
(d) Her profligate spending.
10. Who are Nestor Noralez and Barbara Villanueva?
(a) FIlm critics.
(b) Radio stars.
(c) Itinerrants in Manila.
(d) Former Philippine presidents.
11. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) Harrison Ford.
(c) Imelda Marcos.
(d) A new sex show in Manila.
12. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
(a) He does not speak the same language.
(b) He is an opposition leader.
(c) He does not play golf.
(d) He is wheelchair-bound.
13. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) Margot Kiddler.
(b) George Hamilton.
(c) Linda Blair.
(d) Brooke Shields.
14. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) Miss Philippines title.
(b) A literary prize.
(c) A Rhodes scholariship.
(d) A Philippines Oscar.
15. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
2. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
3. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
4. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
5. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)