|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
(b) His children.
2. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are less understandable.
(b) They are more Anglicized.
(c) They are more forward.
(d) They are more disenfranchised.
3. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
(a) She is Imelda Marcos's neice.
(b) She is the second wealthiest woman in Manila.
(c) She was runner-up in Miss Philippines pageant.
(d) She was an extra in the film of M*A*S*H.
4. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
(a) He is slow.
(b) He smells.
(c) He is spitting in their tea.
(d) He is ogling Rio.
5. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She gives him the night off.
(b) She makes him some food.
(c) She lends him some money.
(d) She gives him the key to her room.
6. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
(a) He has sworn a loyalty oath.
(b) He is retiring.
(c) He thinks Marcos will be overthrown soon.
(d) He is friends with Ledesma.
7. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) The waiter hits on Rio.
(b) She looses her wallet.
(c) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
(d) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
8. Which of the following characters is at the sex show in Scene 15?
9. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) General Ledesma.
(b) Daisy Avila.
(c) Rainer Fassbinder.
(d) Her husband.
10. Which revolutionary European director hits on Joey in Scene 10?
11. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
(a) Donna Summers.
(b) Gloria Gaynor.
(c) Diana Ross.
(d) Lena Horne.
12. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
(a) The Boogie Down.
(b) Studio 54.
(d) Plato's Retreat.
13. What rumor about Daisy Avila surfaces in Scene 10?
(a) She commited incest with her father.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is a Communist.
(d) She is moving to America.
14. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A tremor.
(c) A sneezing fit.
(d) A sudden rainstorm.
15. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
(b) Joey Sands.
(c) General Ledesma.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Severo Alacran's family die?
2. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
3. Why is the Odeon failing in Manila?
4. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
5. What celebrity has Pucha just seen at the beginning of Scene 9?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)