|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Joey explain in Scene 10?
(b) Dialectal materialism.
2. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
(a) Plotting against the Marcos regime.
(b) Watching Daisy.
(c) Reading Marx.
(d) Cheating on Daisy.
3. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) Agony of Love.
(b) Tension Point.
(c) Mistress and the Night.
(d) The Ecstasy.
4. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The Odeon.
(b) The beach.
(c) The airport.
(d) A radio studio.
5. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) Linda Blair.
(b) Brooke Shields.
(c) Margot Kiddler.
(d) George Hamilton.
6. What rumor about Daisy Avila surfaces in Scene 10?
(a) She is moving to America.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She commited incest with her father.
(d) She is a Communist.
7. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
(a) She is the first girl under 18 to win.
(b) She is the first dark-skinned girl to win.
(c) She is the first university student to win.
(d) She is the first non-loyalist to win.
8. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
(a) A sneezing fit.
(b) A sudden rainstorm.
(c) A tremor.
(d) A cobra.
9. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She lends him some money.
(b) She gives him the night off.
(c) She gives him the key to her room.
(d) She makes him some food.
10. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(b) Daisy Avila.
11. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
(d) His children.
12. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
13. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
(a) The mid-1970's.
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The late 19th century.
(d) The mid 17th century.
14. In Scene 6, why does Romeo say he cannot get a drink with Trini?
(a) He does not drink.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is broke.
(d) He is married.
15. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
(a) Diana Ross.
(b) Gloria Gaynor.
(c) Donna Summers.
(d) Lena Horne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
2. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
3. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
4. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
5. What does Rio say disgusts her in Scene 9?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)