|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
(a) He is ogling Rio.
(b) He is spitting in their tea.
(c) He is slow.
(d) He smells.
2. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Regularly sleeping with them.
(b) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
(c) Refused to recognize their union.
(d) Burying them under the foundations.
3. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
(a) A jeepney.
(b) A teepee.
(c) A mobile home.
(d) A military barracks.
4. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
(a) The beaks of hummingbirds.
(b) Orchid blooms.
(c) The coastline.
(d) The natives' extremities.
5. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
(a) Ditsy and cloying.
(b) Tired and flirty.
(c) Brusk and rude.
(d) Respectful and subservient.
6. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are more disenfranchised.
(b) They are less understandable.
(c) They are more Anglicized.
(d) They are more forward.
7. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) The Ecstasy.
(b) Tension Point.
(c) Agony of Love.
(d) Mistress and the Night.
8. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
(b) Speaks in tongues.
(d) Whips herself.
9. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
(a) Her grandmother has died.
(b) She is attending school there.
(c) She has a job there,
(d) She missed her family.
10. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) Rainer Fassbinder.
(b) General Ledesma.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Daisy Avila.
11. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
(b) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
(c) Philippine Independence Day.
(d) Manila International Film Festival.
12. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
13. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
(a) She was an extra in the film of M*A*S*H.
(b) She was runner-up in Miss Philippines pageant.
(c) She is the second wealthiest woman in Manila.
(d) She is Imelda Marcos's neice.
14. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
(b) Daisy Avila.
(d) Imelda Marcos.
15. In Scene 14, what is Lolita Luna high on?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
2. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
3. Which character is not in attendance at the golf game in Scene 12?
4. Which of the following characters is at the sex show in Scene 15?
5. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)