|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose books is Imelda Marcos said to have banned?
(b) Those of former Philippine leaders.
(d) De Gaulle's.
2. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
(a) Free elections.
(b) Nationalization of the banks.
(c) Tax reform.
(d) An end to martial law.
3. How is Freddie Gonzaga related to Rio?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her husband.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) They are not related.
4. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
(a) Brusk and rude.
(b) Tired and flirty.
(c) Respectful and subservient.
(d) Ditsy and cloying.
5. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
(a) Speaks in tongues.
(c) Whips herself.
6. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(b) Radio clips.
(c) Gun shots.
(d) Sounds of lovemaking.
7. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
(a) He is an opposition leader.
(b) He is wheelchair-bound.
(c) He does not play golf.
(d) He does not speak the same language.
8. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Daisy Avila.
(c) General Ledesma.
(d) Rainer Fassbinder.
9. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) Miss Philippines title.
(b) A Rhodes scholariship.
(c) A literary prize.
(d) A Philippines Oscar.
10. What do Nestor and Barbara promise about the plot in Scene 2?
(a) The Marcos regime will fall.
(b) Everyone will be okay.
(c) Love will blossom.
(d) Someone will die.
11. Where is Santos Triador in Scene 5?
(a) In Senator Avila's estate.
(b) In America.
(c) In the jungle.
(d) In prison.
12. In Scene 14, what is Lolita Luna high on?
13. Where is the cafe located in Scene 9?
(a) A strip mall.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The central rambla.
(d) A movie theater.
14. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) Margot Kiddler.
(b) George Hamilton.
(c) Linda Blair.
(d) Brooke Shields.
15. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He kisses him.
(b) He threatens not to get him work.
(c) He gets him high.
(d) He pulls a knife on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
2. What does Alacran recommend in Scene 12 after Carreon skulks off?
3. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
4. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
5. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)