|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
(a) A teepee.
(b) A military barracks.
(c) A mobile home.
(d) A jeepney.
2. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
(a) A fable.
(b) A Broadway musical.
(c) A college history lesson.
(d) A radio show.
3. What is the NPA?
(a) A trade workers' union.
(b) An insurgent group.
(c) The loyalist political party.
(d) The premier Philippine film school.
4. What does Trini declare herself to be at the end of Scene 6?
(a) A socialist.
(b) An idealist.
(c) An artist.
(d) A feminist.
5. What is Chiquiting's job?
(a) Taxi driver.
6. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
(a) Her cursing.
(b) Her profligate spending.
(c) Her outfit.
(d) Her gossip.
7. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
(a) He is being paid double.
(b) He has never DJ'ed before.
(c) Imelda may attend.
(d) He is playing one of his own songs.
8. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
(b) The Boogie Down.
(c) Studio 54.
(d) Plato's Retreat.
9. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) Miss Philippines title.
(b) A Philippines Oscar.
(c) A literary prize.
(d) A Rhodes scholariship.
10. What rumor about Daisy Avila surfaces in Scene 10?
(a) She commited incest with her father.
(b) She is moving to America.
(c) She is a Communist.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
(a) Daisy Avila.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
12. What term does Joey explain in Scene 10?
(c) Dialectal materialism.
13. Why is the Odeon failing in Manila?
(a) The Film Center construction is blocking the entrance.
(b) The owners are trying to sink it.
(c) Fewer films are coming to the Philippines.
(d) A new multiplex has opened.
14. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(a) Australian natives.
(c) The Americans.
15. Which of the following characters is at the sex show in Scene 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
2. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
3. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
4. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
5. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)