|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
(a) The city is less lively than she remembers it.
(b) She misses San Francisco.
(c) She is thinking about her grandmother.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend is getting married.
2. At the end of Scene 14, what does Joey offer Fassbinder?
(a) A sex show.
(c) A free night with him.
(d) An invite from the Marcoses.
3. Which character is not in attendance at the golf game in Scene 12?
(a) General Ledesma.
(b) Severo Alacran.
(c) Joey Sands.
(d) Lieutenant Carreon.
4. In Scene 14, what is Lolita Luna high on?
5. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) Kim Novac.
(b) Doris Day.
(c) James Stewart.
(d) Cary Grant.
6. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Luis Bunuel.
(d) Yves Saint Laurent.
7. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
(a) He does not play golf.
(b) He does not speak the same language.
(c) He is an opposition leader.
(d) He is wheelchair-bound.
8. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
(a) A jeepney.
(b) A teepee.
(c) A military barracks.
(d) A mobile home.
9. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
(a) His children.
10. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
11. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) His intentions to run for president.
(b) The secret to his golf swing.
(c) A recommendation for the film festival.
(d) Daisy's boyfriend.
12. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
(a) Tired and flirty.
(b) Brusk and rude.
(c) Respectful and subservient.
(d) Ditsy and cloying.
13. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are more Anglicized.
(b) They are less understandable.
(c) They are more forward.
(d) They are more disenfranchised.
14. Who does Romeo claim to be friends with in Scene 6?
(a) Tito Alvarez.
(b) Lolita Luna.
(c) Rainer Fassbinder.
(d) Imelda Marcos.
15. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The airport.
(b) The beach.
(c) A radio studio.
(d) The Odeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
2. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
3. Whose son is Boomboom?
4. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
5. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)