|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the owner of Studio 54?
2. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) Margot Kiddler.
(b) Linda Blair.
(c) George Hamilton.
(d) Brooke Shields.
3. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
(a) It will be bigger than Cannes.
(b) It will not affect national commerce.
(c) It will last two months.
(d) It will feature a future Oscar winner.
4. While they have sex in Scene 15, what does Romeo accidentally call Trini?
5. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
(a) The late 19th century.
(b) The mid 17th century.
(c) The mid-1970's.
(d) The 1950's.
6. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(a) Australian natives.
(b) The Americans.
7. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
(a) The Boogie Down.
(b) Plato's Retreat.
(c) Studio 54.
8. What is Chiquiting's job?
(b) Taxi driver.
9. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
(a) A sudden rainstorm.
(b) A sneezing fit.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A tremor.
10. What do Nestor and Barbara promise about the plot in Scene 2?
(a) Someone will die.
(b) Love will blossom.
(c) The Marcos regime will fall.
(d) Everyone will be okay.
11. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
(a) Her grandmother has died.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She is attending school there.
(d) She has a job there,
12. What does Alacran recommend in Scene 12 after Carreon skulks off?
(a) A drink.
(b) A film screening.
(c) A friendly wager.
(d) A debate about the Marcos regime.
13. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) The waiter hits on Rio.
(b) She looses her wallet.
(c) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
(d) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
14. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
(a) Plotting against the Marcos regime.
(b) Watching Daisy.
(c) Cheating on Daisy.
(d) Reading Marx.
15. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He threatens not to get him work.
(b) He pulls a knife on him.
(c) He gets him high.
(d) He kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
2. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
3. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
4. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
5. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)