|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
(a) Passions of the Heart.
(b) Joys and Terrors.
(c) Love Letters.
(d) Amorous Tempest.
2. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
(a) A military barracks.
(b) A mobile home.
(c) A teepee.
(d) A jeepney.
3. Whose books is Imelda Marcos said to have banned?
(b) Those of former Philippine leaders.
(c) De Gaulle's.
4. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
(a) He thinks Marcos will be overthrown soon.
(b) He is friends with Ledesma.
(c) He is retiring.
(d) He has sworn a loyalty oath.
5. Why does Carreon not want to play golf in Scene 12?
(a) He is disgusted by Avila's ideology.
(b) He is missing his first child's birth.
(c) He is using old clubs.
(d) He is bad at the game.
6. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) Brooke Shields.
(b) Margot Kiddler.
(c) George Hamilton.
(d) Linda Blair.
7. Which character in Scene 12 refuses to enjoy himself?
(a) Joey Sands.
(b) Severo Alacran.
(c) Lieutenant Carreon.
(d) Senator Avila.
8. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
(a) It is Daisy Avila's birthday.
(b) It is the anniversary of the Philippine independence.
(c) It is the first day of the film festival.
(d) It is Christmas.
9. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Regularly sleeping with them.
(b) Burying them under the foundations.
(c) Refused to recognize their union.
(d) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
10. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
(a) He offers him an acting role.
(b) He pulls out cash.
(c) He says he loves him.
(d) He gives him drugs.
11. How did Severo Alacran's family die?
(a) They died in a house fire.
(b) They died in a traffic accident.
(c) They fell ill in a smallpox outbreak.
(d) They were killed by the Japanese.
12. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The beach.
(b) The airport.
(c) The Odeon.
(d) A radio studio.
13. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
(c) Joey Sands.
(d) General Ledesma.
14. Where is Santos Triador in Scene 5?
(a) In the jungle.
(b) In Senator Avila's estate.
(c) In America.
(d) In prison.
15. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
(a) Respectful and subservient.
(b) Tired and flirty.
(c) Ditsy and cloying.
(d) Brusk and rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
2. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
3. What does Perlita warn Joey about Uncle in Scene 10?
4. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
5. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)