|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) Miss Philippines title.
(b) A literary prize.
(c) A Rhodes scholariship.
(d) A Philippines Oscar.
2. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) The Ecstasy.
(b) Tension Point.
(c) Mistress and the Night.
(d) Agony of Love.
3. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
(a) Nationalization of the banks.
(b) Free elections.
(c) An end to martial law.
(d) Tax reform.
4. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She lends him some money.
(b) She gives him the key to her room.
(c) She makes him some food.
(d) She gives him the night off.
5. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
(a) He pulls a knife on him.
(b) He threatens not to get him work.
(c) He gets him high.
(d) He kisses him.
6. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
(a) He thinks Marcos will be overthrown soon.
(b) He is retiring.
(c) He is friends with Ledesma.
(d) He has sworn a loyalty oath.
7. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Yves Saint Laurent.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Luis Bunuel.
8. Why does Carreon not want to play golf in Scene 12?
(a) He is disgusted by Avila's ideology.
(b) He is missing his first child's birth.
(c) He is using old clubs.
(d) He is bad at the game.
9. What does Trini declare herself to be at the end of Scene 6?
(a) An artist.
(b) A socialist.
(c) A feminist.
(d) An idealist.
10. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
(a) He does not play golf.
(b) He is an opposition leader.
(c) He is wheelchair-bound.
(d) He does not speak the same language.
11. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(a) Australian natives.
(c) The Americans.
12. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A film center.
(b) A monorail.
(c) A new palace.
(d) A soccer stadium.
13. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) A radio studio.
(b) The beach.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Odeon.
14. Which character is the owner of Studio 54?
15. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
(a) Passions of the Heart.
(b) Love Letters.
(c) Joys and Terrors.
(d) Amorous Tempest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
2. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
3. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
4. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
5. What does Rio say disgusts her in Scene 9?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)