|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Santos Triador in Scene 5?
(a) In the jungle.
(b) In America.
(c) In Senator Avila's estate.
(d) In prison.
2. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) His intentions to run for president.
(b) The secret to his golf swing.
(c) A recommendation for the film festival.
(d) Daisy's boyfriend.
3. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Radio clips.
(b) Sounds of lovemaking.
(c) Gun shots.
4. What rumor about Daisy Avila surfaces in Scene 10?
(a) She commited incest with her father.
(b) She is a Communist.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is moving to America.
5. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
(a) He is friends with Ledesma.
(b) He thinks Marcos will be overthrown soon.
(c) He is retiring.
(d) He has sworn a loyalty oath.
6. What is the NPA?
(a) The premier Philippine film school.
(b) An insurgent group.
(c) The loyalist political party.
(d) A trade workers' union.
7. Who is Lolita Luna rumored to be having an affair with?
(a) Senator Avila.
(b) President Marcos.
(c) General Ledesma.
(d) Rainer Fassbinder.
8. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are more forward.
(b) They are more disenfranchised.
(c) They are more Anglicized.
(d) They are less understandable.
9. According to Avila in Scene 12, what part of the Philippine temperament does the country a disservice?
10. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A monorail.
(b) A soccer stadium.
(c) A new palace.
(d) A film center.
11. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) A new sex show in Manila.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
(c) Daisy Avila.
(d) Harrison Ford.
12. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) Linda Blair.
(b) Margot Kiddler.
(c) George Hamilton.
(d) Brooke Shields.
13. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
(a) The late 19th century.
(b) The 1950's.
(c) The mid-1970's.
(d) The mid 17th century.
14. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
(a) She missed her family.
(b) Her grandmother has died.
(c) She has a job there,
(d) She is attending school there.
15. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
(a) It is the anniversary of the Philippine independence.
(b) It is Daisy Avila's birthday.
(c) It is the first day of the film festival.
(d) It is Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
2. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
3. What does Trini declare herself to be at the end of Scene 6?
4. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
5. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)