|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the owner of Studio 54?
2. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(b) Daisy Avila.
3. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) The secret to his golf swing.
(b) His intentions to run for president.
(c) Daisy's boyfriend.
(d) A recommendation for the film festival.
4. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
(a) Plotting against the Marcos regime.
(b) Watching Daisy.
(c) Cheating on Daisy.
(d) Reading Marx.
5. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
(a) A jeepney.
(b) A military barracks.
(c) A mobile home.
(d) A teepee.
6. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(a) Australian natives.
(d) The Americans.
7. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Refused to recognize their union.
(b) Burying them under the foundations.
(c) Regularly sleeping with them.
(d) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
8. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
(a) He pulls out cash.
(b) He gives him drugs.
(c) He says he loves him.
(d) He offers him an acting role.
9. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
(a) The natives' extremities.
(b) Orchid blooms.
(c) The beaks of hummingbirds.
(d) The coastline.
10. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The beach.
(b) The Odeon.
(c) A radio studio.
(d) The airport.
11. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
12. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
(b) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
(c) The waiter hits on Rio.
(d) She looses her wallet.
13. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
(a) Her cursing.
(b) Her gossip.
(c) Her outfit.
(d) Her profligate spending.
14. Why is Uncle berating Joey in Scene 4?
(a) He is high.
(b) He has been turning tricks on the side.
(c) He has been out of town.
(d) He is listening to the radio.
15. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
(a) Speaks in tongues.
(b) Whips herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
2. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
3. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
4. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
5. Whose son is Boomboom?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)