|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned among the list in Scene 13?
(a) Margot Kiddler.
(b) Brooke Shields.
(c) Linda Blair.
(d) George Hamilton.
2. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) Daisy's boyfriend.
(b) His intentions to run for president.
(c) The secret to his golf swing.
(d) A recommendation for the film festival.
3. Which character is not in attendance at the golf game in Scene 12?
(a) Severo Alacran.
(b) Lieutenant Carreon.
(c) Joey Sands.
(d) General Ledesma.
4. Whose son is Boomboom?
5. What is the NPA?
(a) The premier Philippine film school.
(b) A trade workers' union.
(c) The loyalist political party.
(d) An insurgent group.
6. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(c) Daisy Avila.
7. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She lends him some money.
(b) She gives him the night off.
(c) She gives him the key to her room.
(d) She makes him some food.
8. Where is Santos Triador in Scene 5?
(a) In Senator Avila's estate.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) In America.
(d) In prison.
9. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
(b) Pornographic film star.
(c) Jesuit priest.
10. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
11. What does Perlita warn Joey about Uncle in Scene 10?
(a) He is going to drop Joey.
(b) He owes money to General Ledesma.
(c) He is killing Joey.
(d) He is stealing Joey's money.
12. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
(a) Reading Marx.
(b) Plotting against the Marcos regime.
(c) Cheating on Daisy.
(d) Watching Daisy.
13. At the end of Scene 14, what does Joey offer Fassbinder?
(b) A free night with him.
(c) A sex show.
(d) An invite from the Marcoses.
14. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are more Anglicized.
(b) They are more disenfranchised.
(c) They are more forward.
(d) They are less understandable.
15. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Luis Bunuel.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Yves Saint Laurent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
2. Why is Uncle berating Joey in Scene 4?
3. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
4. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
5. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)