|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
2. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A new palace.
(b) A soccer stadium.
(c) A monorail.
(d) A film center.
3. Who is Lolita Luna rumored to be having an affair with?
(a) President Marcos.
(b) Senator Avila.
(c) Rainer Fassbinder.
(d) General Ledesma.
4. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The Odeon.
(b) A radio studio.
(c) The beach.
(d) The airport.
5. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) James Stewart.
(b) Kim Novac.
(c) Doris Day.
(d) Cary Grant.
6. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
(a) She is the first university student to win.
(b) She is the first non-loyalist to win.
(c) She is the first dark-skinned girl to win.
(d) She is the first girl under 18 to win.
7. Who drags Lolita Luna out of Studio 54 in Scene 14?
(a) Joey Sands.
(b) General Ledesma.
8. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are more forward.
(b) They are more disenfranchised.
(c) They are less understandable.
(d) They are more Anglicized.
9. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) His intentions to run for president.
(b) Daisy's boyfriend.
(c) The secret to his golf swing.
(d) A recommendation for the film festival.
10. Which character in Scene 12 refuses to enjoy himself?
(a) Lieutenant Carreon.
(b) Senator Avila.
(c) Severo Alacran.
(d) Joey Sands.
11. In Scene 15, what does Leanor Ledesma do as she prays?
(b) Speaks in tongues.
(c) Whips herself.
12. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
(a) Love Letters.
(b) Passions of the Heart.
(c) Joys and Terrors.
(d) Amorous Tempest.
13. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
(a) The coastline.
(b) Orchid blooms.
(c) The natives' extremities.
(d) The beaks of hummingbirds.
14. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
(a) Jesuit priest.
(d) Pornographic film star.
15. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She gives him the night off.
(b) She makes him some food.
(c) She lends him some money.
(d) She gives him the key to her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
2. Which of the following characters is at the sex show in Scene 15?
3. Where is the cafe located in Scene 9?
4. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
5. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)