|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rio say disgusts her in Scene 9?
(a) Her father's new wife.
(b) The new multiplex.
(c) Her food at the cafe.
(d) The behavior of the Marcos regime.
2. Why is Senator Avila well known in the Philippines?
(a) He is morried into the Marcos family.
(b) He is vice president.
(c) He was once a movie star.
(d) He is leader of the opposition party.
3. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
4. What Lolita Luna movie is playing in Scene 6?
(a) Agony of Love.
(b) Tension Point.
(c) Mistress and the Night.
(d) The Ecstasy.
5. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
6. Why is the Odeon failing in Manila?
(a) Fewer films are coming to the Philippines.
(b) The owners are trying to sink it.
(c) The Film Center construction is blocking the entrance.
(d) A new multiplex has opened.
7. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
(a) Pornographic film star.
(d) Jesuit priest.
8. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) Imelda Marcos.
(b) Daisy Avila.
(c) Harrison Ford.
(d) A new sex show in Manila.
9. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Manila International Film Festival.
(b) Philippine Independence Day.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
(d) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
10. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
(a) He is being paid double.
(b) He is playing one of his own songs.
(c) Imelda may attend.
(d) He has never DJ'ed before.
11. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
(a) Drug use.
(b) Gay activity.
(c) Joey's music choices.
(d) Progressive politics.
12. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
(a) James Stewart.
(b) Doris Day.
(c) Kim Novac.
(d) Cary Grant.
13. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
(b) The waiter hits on Rio.
(c) She looses her wallet.
(d) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
14. In Scene 12, what does Alacran press Avila about?
(a) A recommendation for the film festival.
(b) Daisy's boyfriend.
(c) The secret to his golf swing.
(d) His intentions to run for president.
15. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(b) Australian natives.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
2. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
3. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
4. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
5. What interrupts Carreon as he tees off in Scene 12?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)