|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II: Scenes 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Rio and Pucha gossip about in Scene 9?
(a) A new sex show in Manila.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
(c) Harrison Ford.
(d) Daisy Avila.
2. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) Nestor and Barbara's studio.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Manila's sewers.
(d) The prison camp.
3. In Scene 5, what does Perlita warm Joey will not be at his safe place?
(a) Phone access.
4. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Manila International Film Festival.
(b) Philippine Independence Day.
(c) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
5. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
(a) He offers him an acting role.
(b) He pulls out cash.
(c) He gives him drugs.
(d) He says he loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
2. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
3. What final tragedy befalls Daisy at the end of Scene 9?
4. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
5. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)