|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II: Scenes 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
(b) A gun.
(c) A print of a Hollywood film.
(d) Skin whitener.
2. Why does Freddy get angry at Rio in Scene 1?
(a) She gets high in front of him.
(b) She laughs at the assassination.
(c) She won't tell him where she was last night.
(d) She speaks to him in English.
3. What term does Joey explain in Scene 10?
(b) Dialectal materialism.
4. In his soliloquy in Scene 16, what does Senator Avila beg his daughter to do?
(a) FInd love.
(b) Regain her senses.
(c) Die quietly.
(d) Leave Manila.
5. Where is Santos Triador in Scene 5?
(a) In Senator Avila's estate.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) In America.
(d) In prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which U.S. president colonized the Philippines?
2. Why is Daisy Avila ill in Scene 16?
3. What disingenuous comment does Fassbinder make to Joey at the beginning of Scene 17?
4. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
5. Why is Senator Avila out of place in Scene 12?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)