|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
(a) Her grandmother has died.
(b) She has a job there,
(c) She is attending school there.
(d) She missed her family.
2. What is Senator Avila pressing the government for?
(a) Free elections.
(b) An end to martial law.
(c) Tax reform.
(d) Nationalization of the banks.
3. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
(a) The coastline.
(b) The beaks of hummingbirds.
(c) The natives' extremities.
(d) Orchid blooms.
4. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
(a) She is the first dark-skinned girl to win.
(b) She is the first girl under 18 to win.
(c) She is the first university student to win.
(d) She is the first non-loyalist to win.
5. At the end of Scene 14, what does Joey offer Fassbinder?
(b) A sex show.
(c) An invite from the Marcoses.
(d) A free night with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
2. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
3. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
4. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
5. Who does Romeo claim to be friends with in Scene 6?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)