|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these characters is not introduced in Scene 2?
(a) Leonor Ledesma.
(b) Joey Sands.
(c) Daisy Avila.
2. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A monorail.
(b) A new palace.
(c) A soccer stadium.
(d) A film center.
3. At the end of Scene 5, what do the narrators say Santos Triador is always doing?
(a) Watching Daisy.
(b) Plotting against the Marcos regime.
(c) Reading Marx.
(d) Cheating on Daisy.
4. Why is Uncle berating Joey in Scene 4?
(a) He has been turning tricks on the side.
(b) He is high.
(c) He is listening to the radio.
(d) He has been out of town.
5. What performer does Perlita emulate in Scene 14?
(a) Donna Summers.
(b) Diana Ross.
(c) Gloria Gaynor.
(d) Lena Horne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose books is Imelda Marcos said to have banned?
2. In Scene 6, why does Romeo say he cannot get a drink with Trini?
3. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
4. What do Nestor and Barbara promise about the plot in Scene 2?
5. While they have sex in Scene 15, what does Romeo accidentally call Trini?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)