|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
(a) She misses San Francisco.
(b) The city is less lively than she remembers it.
(c) She is thinking about her grandmother.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend is getting married.
2. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Manila International Film Festival.
(b) Philippine Independence Day.
(c) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
3. In Scene 11, whose accusations does Imelda Marcos deny?
4. What celebrity has Pucha just seen at the beginning of Scene 9?
(a) Corey Haim.
(b) Brooke Shields.
(c) Burt Reynolds.
(d) Timothy Hutton.
5. What is unique about Daisy Avila's win in the pageant?
(a) She is the first dark-skinned girl to win.
(b) She is the first girl under 18 to win.
(c) She is the first university student to win.
(d) She is the first non-loyalist to win.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
2. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
3. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
4. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
5. At the end of Scene 14, what does Joey offer Fassbinder?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)