|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Yves Saint Laurent.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Luis Bunuel.
2. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She gives him the key to her room.
(b) She gives him the night off.
(c) She makes him some food.
(d) She lends him some money.
3. Who is Chiquiting excitedly showing off in Scene 14?
(a) Daisy Avila.
4. Why is Senator Avila well known in the Philippines?
(a) He is morried into the Marcos family.
(b) He was once a movie star.
(c) He is vice president.
(d) He is leader of the opposition party.
5. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
(a) They are less understandable.
(b) They are more Anglicized.
(c) They are more disenfranchised.
(d) They are more forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chiquiting's job?
2. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
3. In Scene 10, why is Joey excited about the night's DJ gig?
4. In Scene 6, why does Romeo say he cannot get a drink with Trini?
5. How does Uncle stop Joey from attacking him in Scene 4?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)