|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alacran chastise Chiquiting in Scene 10?
(a) Her cursing.
(b) Her gossip.
(c) Her profligate spending.
(d) Her outfit.
2. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
(a) It will not affect national commerce.
(b) It will feature a future Oscar winner.
(c) It will last two months.
(d) It will be bigger than Cannes.
3. What rumor about Daisy Avila surfaces in Scene 10?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She commited incest with her father.
(c) She is moving to America.
(d) She is a Communist.
4. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
(a) The late 19th century.
(b) The mid-1970's.
(c) The 1950's.
(d) The mid 17th century.
5. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
(a) Love Letters.
(b) Amorous Tempest.
(c) Joys and Terrors.
(d) Passions of the Heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
2. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
3. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
4. What does Trini declare herself to be at the end of Scene 6?
5. In Scene 9, Rio remembers her grandmother taking her to a movie starring who?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)