|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the NPA?
(a) The premier Philippine film school.
(b) A trade workers' union.
(c) The loyalist political party.
(d) An insurgent group.
2. Who does Romeo claim to be friends with in Scene 6?
(a) Rainer Fassbinder.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
(c) Tito Alvarez.
(d) Lolita Luna.
3. Why is Senator Avila well known in the Philippines?
(a) He is vice president.
(b) He is leader of the opposition party.
(c) He is morried into the Marcos family.
(d) He was once a movie star.
4. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
(a) He is slow.
(b) He is ogling Rio.
(c) He is spitting in their tea.
(d) He smells.
5. In Scene 10, what has Imelda Marcos accused of doing regarding her Film Center construction workers?
(a) Burying them under the foundations.
(b) Refused to recognize their union.
(c) Regularly sleeping with them.
(d) Refusing to pay them until work is completed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
2. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
3. Which revolutionary European director hits on Joey in Scene 10?
4. Why is the Odeon failing in Manila?
5. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)