|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scenes 1-8 Synopsis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
(a) Tired and flirty.
(b) Respectful and subservient.
(c) Ditsy and cloying.
(d) Brusk and rude.
2. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
(a) She is attending school there.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) Her grandmother has died.
(d) She has a job there,
3. Where do Romeo and Trini meet in Scene 6?
(a) The beach.
(b) A radio studio.
(c) The Odeon.
(d) The airport.
4. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A new palace.
(b) A soccer stadium.
(c) A monorail.
(d) A film center.
5. What is the NPA?
(a) A trade workers' union.
(b) An insurgent group.
(c) The loyalist political party.
(d) The premier Philippine film school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
2. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
3. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
4. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
5. When did Jean Mallat come to the Philippines?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)