|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II: Scenes 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
(a) A Broadway musical.
(b) A radio show.
(c) A fable.
(d) A college history lesson.
2. What is Rio's father's new wife's claim to fame?
(a) She was an extra in the film of M*A*S*H.
(b) She is the second wealthiest woman in Manila.
(c) She is Imelda Marcos's neice.
(d) She was runner-up in Miss Philippines pageant.
3. In Scene 16, who does Senator Avila say Daisy is like?
(a) Imelda Marcos.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
4. Which revolutionary European director hits on Joey in Scene 10?
5. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(b) He has dysentery.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He has whooping cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 6, what does Lolita ask Alacran to procure for her?
2. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
3. What is the cafe of Scene 9 made up to look like?
4. In Scene 11, what are most of the guerrillas' attitudes toward Joey?
5. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)