|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II: Scenes 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Joey give for leaving in Scene 17?
(a) He needs a drink.
(b) He is getting cigarettes.
(c) He has a bus to catch.
(d) He has to pee.
2. Why does Pucha ostensibly berate the waiter in Scene 9?
(a) He is ogling Rio.
(b) He is spitting in their tea.
(c) He smells.
(d) He is slow.
3. What is the NPA?
(a) The loyalist political party.
(b) An insurgent group.
(c) A trade workers' union.
(d) The premier Philippine film school.
4. Why is Joey ill in Scene 11?
(a) He is withdrawing from heroin.
(b) He has whooping cough.
(c) He has dysentery.
(d) He is depressed.
5. What type of frame for the narrative of the play is introduced in Scene 2?
(a) A college history lesson.
(b) A Broadway musical.
(c) A fable.
(d) A radio show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Senator Avila speaking to in Scene 7?
2. How did Severo Alacran's family die?
3. In what setting does Scene 17 begin?
4. Who does Joey first tell about witnessing the assassination?
5. Who appears as a ghost in Scene 1?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)