|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the famous director in Scene 10 finally persuade Joey to join him at the end of the scene?
(a) He pulls out cash.
(b) He offers him an acting role.
(c) He says he loves him.
(d) He gives him drugs.
2. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
(a) She looses her wallet.
(b) The waiter hits on Rio.
(c) Her sister has a room in the hotel.
(d) Rio wants to go to the old movie theater.
3. Whose books is Imelda Marcos said to have banned?
(b) Those of former Philippine leaders.
(d) De Gaulle's.
4. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She gives him the key to her room.
(b) She gives him the night off.
(c) She lends him some money.
(d) She makes him some food.
5. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Luis Bunuel.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Yves Saint Laurent.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Imelda Marcos congratulate in Scene 11?
2. In Scene 9, why is Rio sad?
3. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
4. What is the name of Nestor and Barbara's melodrama?
5. Who does Romeo claim to be friends with in Scene 6?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)