|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the person Barbara and Nestor interview in Scene 2?
(a) Jesuit priest.
(b) Pornographic film star.
2. What rumor about Daisy Avila surfaces in Scene 10?
(a) She is moving to America.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She commited incest with her father.
(d) She is a Communist.
3. What is the name of the club that Pucha and Rio plan to visit in Scene 9?
(a) Plato's Retreat.
(b) The Boogie Down.
(c) Studio 54.
4. Who originated the term Joey explains in Scene 10?
(b) Australian natives.
(d) The Americans.
5. How does Rio present herself in Scene 3?
(a) Tired and flirty.
(b) Brusk and rude.
(c) Respectful and subservient.
(d) Ditsy and cloying.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
2. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
3. According to Pucha in Scene 9, what has changed about ethnic Filipinos?
4. Why is Pucha scandalized in Scene 9?
5. In Scene 3, why is Rio returning to Manila?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)