|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I: Scenes 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disgusts Tito Alvarez in Scene 14?
(a) Progressive politics.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Gay activity.
(d) Joey's music choices.
2. What excuse does Joey give for leaving in Scene 17?
(a) He has a bus to catch.
(b) He has to pee.
(c) He needs a drink.
(d) He is getting cigarettes.
3. Why does Avila think he is safe from Marcos' retribution?
(a) He is retiring.
(b) He thinks Marcos will be overthrown soon.
(c) He has sworn a loyalty oath.
(d) He is friends with Ledesma.
4. What is significant about the day of Scene 12?
(a) It is the first day of the film festival.
(b) It is Daisy Avila's birthday.
(c) It is Christmas.
(d) It is the anniversary of the Philippine independence.
5. How does Perlita help Joey in Scene 10?
(a) She lends him some money.
(b) She makes him some food.
(c) She gives him the night off.
(d) She gives him the key to her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What celebrity has Pucha just seen at the beginning of Scene 9?
2. What did Mallat measure during his time in the Philippines?
3. Who did Fassbinder dance with all night at the ball?
4. Which of the following characters is at the sex show in Scene 15?
5. In Scene 11, what does Imelda promise about her film festival?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)