Act I, Scenes 1-8 Synopsis
1. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
(b) Philippine Independence Day.
(c) Manila International Film Festival.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
2. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Gun shots.
(c) Radio clips.
(d) Sounds of lovemaking.
3. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Yves Saint Laurent.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Luis Bunuel.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
4. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) Miss Philippines title.
(b) A literary prize.
(c) A Philippines Oscar.
(d) A Rhodes scholariship.
5. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A monorail.
(b) A new palace.
(c) A film center.
(d) A soccer stadium.
6. What is the NPA?
(a) The premier Philippine film school.
(b) A trade workers' union.
(c) An insurgent group.
(d) The loyalist political party.
7. Who are Nestor Noralez and Barbara Villanueva?
(a) Former Philippine presidents.
(b) Itinerrants in Manila.
(c) FIlm critics.
(d) Radio stars.
This section contains 3,931 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)