Act I, Scenes 1-8 Synopsis
1. At the beginning of Dogeaters, what national event is about to happen in Manila?
(a) Philippine Independence Day.
(b) Manila International Film Festival.
(c) Imelda Marcos' birthday.
(d) Ferdinand Marcos' Golden Jubillee.
2. What does the audience hear before the lights come up at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) Radio clips.
(d) Sounds of lovemaking.
3. At the beginning of Dogeaters, who does the announcer say has just met with the Marcoses?
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Luis Bunuel.
(d) Yves Saint Laurent.
4. In Scene 1, what has Daisy Avila just won?
(a) A Philippines Oscar.
(b) A literary prize.
(c) A Rhodes scholariship.
(d) Miss Philippines title.
5. At the beginning of the play, what is being built in Manila?
(a) A monorail.
(b) A film center.
(c) A soccer stadium.
(d) A new palace.
6. What is the NPA?
(a) An insurgent group.
(b) The premier Philippine film school.
(c) A trade workers' union.
(d) The loyalist political party.
7. Who are Nestor Noralez and Barbara Villanueva?
(a) Former Philippine presidents.
(b) Radio stars.
(c) FIlm critics.
(d) Itinerrants in Manila.
This section contains 3,931 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)