Act I, Scenes 1-8 Synopsis
* Nestor and Barbara introduce the characters of the play and explain Philippine history.
* Rio returns home for her grandmother's funeral.
* Joey and Sands is threatened by his pimp Uncle.
* Trini and Romeo meet at the Odeon.
* Daisy and Santos fall in love.
Act I: Scenes 9-11
* Rio and Pucha discuss changes in Manila.
* Chiquiting and Perlita gossip about the ruling elite.
* Joey, ragged and stoned, prepares for his DJ gig.
* Rainer Fassbinder picks up Joey.
* Imelda Marcos defends her brutal repressive acts on Nestor and Barbara's program.
Act I: Scenes 12-15
* Senator Avila plays golf with General Ledesma and Severo Alacran.
* Tito Alvarez, Rainer Fassbinder, and Lolita Luna attend the after-party at Studio 54.
* Joey, Rainer, and Rio attend a sex show.
* Trini and Romeo have sex.
Act I: Scenes 16-17
* Daisy Avila falls ill in her pregnancy.
* Senator Avila tries to attend to...
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)