|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roddy's dog like to ride in?
2. What is wrong with the dog of the man who spreads rumors about Herriot?
3. What is the name of the man's dog who gives discounted haircuts?
4. What does Herriot skip in order to care for an injured stray dog?
5. Who are the owners of the two dogs that Herriot just doesn't love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of things does Herriot do to try and cure Brandy of his pneumonia?
2. What does Herriot see when he visits Scott's farm at the end of chapter 48?
3. How does Herriot describe the stray dog's injuries?
4. What happens when Tristan is put in charge of watching Hamish during the night?
5. Why do men in Darroby get funny haircuts on Sundays?
6. What does Siegfried say to Herriot after he treats Mr. Bailey's dog?
7. What happens after Theo is put to sleep?
8. How does Herriot cure Myrtle when she is really sick?
9. How does Herriot cure Jake?
10. How is Herman cured of his paralysis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why does Herriot choose these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different stages of Herriot's relationship with Helen, and how do these stages affect Herriot and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Herriot is very upset about what happens with Amber, the stray dog. What happens to Amber, and why is this so upsetting to Herriot? How does this event change him as a veterinarian?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)