|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Herriot own?
2. What is Tristan's girlfriend's name?
3. What is wrong with Rip?
4. What does Scott never do while Herriot knows him?
5. What is Herriot doing at Scott's farm when he meets Rip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herriot do to treat Rip's broken leg?
2. How does Herriot cure Myrtle when she is really sick?
3. What does Judy do when new animals on the farm are born?
4. How does Herriot describe the stray dog's injuries?
5. What does Herriot do when he hears about the death of Mr. Potts?
6. What is wrong with Jake when Roddy brings him in to the clinic?
7. What strange thing is Mrs. Ridge excited about in chapter 37?
8. What happens after Digger goes blind?
9. How does Herriot tell the Whithorns to treat the cyst on one of their dogs' paws?
10. What happens when the two new dogs of the Whithorns are brought to the clinic for a check-up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Herriot endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)