|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does is take Roddy's dog to heal from his surgery?
2. What is Cotteral's dog's name?
3. What is Herriot doing at Scott's farm when he meets Rip?
4. What is the name of Herriot's son?
5. How does Herriot treat Mrs. Whitby's dog when he gets pneumonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of things does Herriot do to try and cure Brandy of his pneumonia?
2. How does Herriot try to cure Amber?
3. How does Herriot feel when he has to put Amber to sleep?
4. What happens after Digger goes blind?
5. What happens when Tristan is put in charge of watching Hamish during the night?
6. What happens when the two new dogs of the Whithorns are brought to the clinic for a check-up?
7. What does Siegfried say to Herriot after he treats Mr. Bailey's dog?
8. What is Judy doing when Herriot visits Eric's farm for the third time?
9. How is Herman cured of his paralysis?
10. Why do men in Darroby get funny haircuts on Sundays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)