|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast does Herriot drive to the house call he makes in chapter 12?
2. What kind of dog does Harold have?
3. What is wrong with Helen's dog, Dan?
4. What is the name of the prankster's dog?
5. What kind of dog does Herriot see abandoned on the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herriot do the third time Shep jumps at him and barks?
2. What does Herriot find in the morning after the surgery on the Labrador?
3. What confusing message does Brennan's housekeeper give Herriot?
4. What does Wesley do to make the money to pay for the veterinary care of his dog?
5. What does Herriot do at the end of the Darroby Show?
6. What does Herriot do after Helen and her dog leave the clinic?
7. How does Herriot explain the attack from Harold's dog?
8. How does Herriot cure Penny's gastrointestinal problem?
9. What is wrong with Mr. Dean's dog, and how does Herriot cure it?
10. How does Herriot describe Tip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Herriot performs many acts of service during his time as a veterinarian. What are some of the most significant examples of this service, and how do these events affect the characters involved in them?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)