|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Mr. Bailes own?
2. How fast does Herriot drive to the house call he makes in chapter 12?
3. What is wrong with Partridge's dog?
4. Who does Herriot dance with at the ball?
5. What is wrong with Mrs. Cook's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the misunderstanding about Miss Dooley's name?
2. What does Herriot do after Helen and her dog leave the clinic?
3. What happens when Ben dies?
4. How does Herriot explain the attack from Harold's dog?
5. What happens when Gyp sees Sweep at a dog show?
6. What do Herriot and Bennet do before Herriot returns back to Darroby?
7. How does Herriot describe Tip?
8. How does Herriot describe little Nellie Dimmock?
9. What happens when Herriot treats Percy with a hormone?
10. What does Herriot do the third time Shep jumps at him and barks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not do of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)