|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Albert's dog's name?
2. What is wrong with Helen's dog, Dan?
3. What is wrong with Partridge's dog?
4. What kind of dog does Summergill own?
5. Who does Herriot see Helen with at the Darroby Show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herriot do after Helen and her dog leave the clinic?
2. What does Herriot do when he sees Mick's puffy and irritated eyes?
3. What does Wesley do to make the money to pay for the veterinary care of his dog?
4. What is the misunderstanding about Miss Dooley's name?
5. What happens to Timmy, and how does Herriot treat him?
6. What is wrong with Mr. Dean's dog, and how does Herriot cure it?
7. What does Mrs. Donovan ask of Herriot when he is caring for the abandoned retriever?
8. What happens when Herriot leaves Jock's house after checking on his puppies?
9. What happens when Herriot treats Percy with a hormone?
10. How does Herriot describe little Nellie Dimmock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Herriot is very upset about what happens with Amber, the stray dog. What happens to Amber, and why is this so upsetting to Herriot? How does this event change him as a veterinarian?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)