|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the dog owned by the man who gives discounted haircuts?
(a) She cuts her paw on some chicken wire.
(b) She is attacked by an angry chicken.
(c) She eats some bad chicken.
(d) She is choking on a chicken bone.
2. Where does Jingo contract his liver disease?
(a) From some bad food.
(b) From his best friend.
(c) From rats on the farm.
(d) From a bite of a wild animal.
3. Who are the owners of the two dogs that Herriot just doesn't love?
(a) The Weathertons.
(b) The Wilsons.
(c) The Whiteheads.
(d) The Whithorns.
4. How is Ron Cundall paralyzed?
(a) He is in a terrible car accident.
(b) He is shot in the back.
(c) He has a genetic disease.
(d) He is the victim of a mining collapse.
5. What is the name of Jingo's best friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cobb's beagle's name?
2. What kind of dog does Roddy own?
3. How long does Herriot wait to remove the first plaster cast from Rip?
4. What happens to Joshua?
5. What does Eric's dog do while his bullock is being treated by Herriot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herriot do to cure Pilling's dog, and how does his wife react?
2. What strange habit does Brandy have?
3. How does Herriot cure the overdose of anesthetic he gives Venus?
4. What strange thing is Mrs. Ridge excited about in chapter 37?
5. How is Herman cured of his paralysis?
6. How does Herriot try to cure Amber?
7. What happens when Tristan is put in charge of watching Hamish during the night?
8. How does Herriot feel when he has to put Amber to sleep?
9. How is Ron Cundall paralyzed?
10. What is wrong with Jake when Roddy brings him in to the clinic?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)