|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ron Cundall paralyzed?
(a) He is the victim of a mining collapse.
(b) He is shot in the back.
(c) He has a genetic disease.
(d) He is in a terrible car accident.
2. What does Herriot skip in order to care for an injured stray dog?
(a) The Hunt Ball.
(b) The Darroby Christmas Special.
(c) A friend's wedding.
(d) A date with Helen.
3. What is wrong with Amber from the home for abandoned dogs?
(a) She is vomiting.
(b) She has a discharge from her eyes.
(c) She has mange.
(d) She has distemper.
4. What is Herriot wearing when a policeman calls him about a stray dog?
(a) Surgical garb.
(b) Working clothes.
5. Who is spreading bad rumors about Herriot in the pubs?
(a) Seth Pilling.
(b) Sam Plymouth.
(c) Stewart Phillips.
(d) Stan Pilfer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Mrs. Whitby own?
2. What is Cotteral's dog's name?
3. What is the name of Herriot's son?
4. What does Herriot find when he undoes Kim's bandages for the last time?
5. Who owns Joshua?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herriot see when he visits Scott's farm at the end of chapter 48?
2. What does Herriot prescribe for Mr. Pinkerton's dog?
3. How does Herriot cure the overdose of anesthetic he gives Venus?
4. What happens when the two new dogs of the Whithorns are brought to the clinic for a check-up?
5. How does Herriot tell the Whithorns to treat the cyst on one of their dogs' paws?
6. What happens to Skipper when Jingo dies, and how is he saved?
7. How does Herriot describe the stray dog's injuries?
8. How does Herriot try to cure Amber?
9. What kind of things does Herriot do to try and cure Brandy of his pneumonia?
10. What happens when Tristan is put in charge of watching Hamish during the night?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)