|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the dog of the man who spreads rumors about Herriot?
(a) It has a blockage in the digestive track.
(b) It has a malignant tumor.
(c) It has an eye condition.
(d) It has a skin condition.
2. What is Tristan's girlfriend's name?
3. What is the name of the man's dog who gives discounted haircuts?
4. What kind of dog is Rip?
5. How does Mrs. Whitby's dog get pneumonia?
(a) He stays out in the rain.
(b) He saves a child who falls in a river.
(c) He drinks too much water.
(d) He goes swimming with some children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say he does if his dog dies?
2. What does Herriot say is the problem with Mr. Pinkerton's dog?
3. What is Roddy's dog's name?
4. What is the name of Mr. Potts's dog?
5. What does Eric's dog do when calves are born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herriot say dogs love most in their life?
2. What strange habit does Brandy have?
3. What does Herriot do to cure Pilling's dog, and how does his wife react?
4. How does Herriot cure Jake?
5. What strange thing is Mrs. Ridge excited about in chapter 37?
6. What does Herriot prescribe for Mr. Pinkerton's dog?
7. How does Herriot try to cure Amber?
8. What happens after Theo is put to sleep?
9. What does Siegfried say to Herriot after he treats Mr. Bailey's dog?
10. What does Herriot see when he visits Scott's farm at the end of chapter 48?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)