|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Amber from the home for abandoned dogs?
(a) She has distemper.
(b) She has mange.
(c) She is vomiting.
(d) She has a discharge from her eyes.
2. Who does Siegfried blame for the bad behavior of the dogs in chapter 49?
(a) The servants.
(b) The children of the owners.
(c) The owners.
(d) The dogs' mother.
3. What is wrong with the dog of the man who spreads rumors about Herriot?
(a) It has a blockage in the digestive track.
(b) It has a skin condition.
(c) It has a malignant tumor.
(d) It has an eye condition.
4. What does Herriot say is the problem with Mr. Pinkerton's dog?
(a) He has a small and benign tumor.
(b) He is a healthy dog who is not neutered.
(c) Too much food, not enough exercise.
(d) He is in need of a mate.
5. Which of the following is NOT something used by Herriot to cure Amber?
6. What is the profession of Miss Westerman?
(d) Shop keeper.
7. What is Miss Westerman's dog's name?
8. What is wrong with Rip?
(a) He has poor vision.
(b) He has bad gas.
(c) He has asthma.
(d) He has a lame paw.
9. What does Andrew say he does if his dog dies?
(a) Cry for a year.
(b) Never be the same.
(c) Find a new dog.
(d) Kill himself.
10. What kind of dog is Joshua?
11. What kind of dog does Mr. Potts own?
12. How is Ron Cundall paralyzed?
(a) He is the victim of a mining collapse.
(b) He is in a terrible car accident.
(c) He is shot in the back.
(d) He has a genetic disease.
13. What is Andrew's dog's name?
14. Why is Rip brought into the clinic?
(a) He is run over by a car.
(b) He becomes paralyzed.
(c) He is kicked by a bull.
(d) He gets a paw stuck in an animal trap.
15. What saves Jingo's best friend from death?
(a) An antibiotic.
(b) Some exercise and attention.
(c) Being placed by Jingo.
(d) A new puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dogs are the two that Herriot just doesn't love?
2. What do the owners of the two annoying dogs in chapter 49 name the new dogs they get when the first two die?
3. How does Mrs. Whitby's dog get pneumonia?
4. What are the names of the two dogs who Herriot just doesn't love?
5. What does Mrs. Whitby make for her dog when he gets pneumonia?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)