|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Herriot treating Eric's bullock for?
(a) Back spasms.
(b) Stiff legs.
(c) Roaming Eye.
(d) Wooden tongue.
2. What does Herriot say dogs love most in life?
(a) Other dogs.
(c) Wide spaces.
3. What saves Jingo's best friend from death?
(a) A new puppy.
(b) Being placed by Jingo.
(c) An antibiotic.
(d) Some exercise and attention.
4. What is wrong with Andrew's dog?
(a) He is not drinking any water.
(b) There is blood in his stool.
(c) Vision problems.
(d) He is limping.
5. What does Herriot find when he undoes Kim's bandages for the last time?
(a) A strange discharge.
(b) Good healing.
6. What is the name of Mrs. Whitby's dog?
7. What kind of dog does Herriot own?
8. What kind of dog does Ron Cundall own?
(a) Irish Setter.
9. What is wrong with Amber from the home for abandoned dogs?
(a) She has a discharge from her eyes.
(b) She is vomiting.
(c) She has distemper.
(d) She has mange.
10. Why is Rip brought into the clinic?
(a) He gets a paw stuck in an animal trap.
(b) He is run over by a car.
(c) He is kicked by a bull.
(d) He becomes paralyzed.
11. What does Mrs. Whitby's dog have a strange habit of doing?
(a) Getting his tail stuck in mouse holes.
(b) Getting his tongue stuck in tin cans.
(c) Getting stung by hornets.
(d) Getting his paw stuck in a fence.
12. Who owns Joshua?
(a) Mrs. Rebb.
(b) Mrs. Rider.
(c) Mrs. Rudd.
(d) Mrs. Ridge.
13. What is the profession of Miss Westerman?
(b) Shop keeper.
14. Where does Amber sleep when Herriot takes her home?
(a) The clinic.
(b) The barn.
(c) In the kennel.
(d) His bed.
15. Who runs a home for abandoned dogs?
(a) Sister Violet.
(b) Sister Rain.
(c) Sister Rose.
(d) Sister Fern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot like to do with Mr. Potts?
2. What does Herriot give Cobb's beagle?
3. What kind of dog does Roddy own?
4. What happens to Joshua?
5. How many pills does Herriot give Mr. Bailey to cure his dog?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)