|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot like to do with Mr. Potts?
(a) Walk their dogs.
(b) Go to a pub.
(c) Talk about the past.
(d) Play chess.
2. How does Herriot light his working space while working to cure Amber?
(a) His car headlights.
(b) Candle light.
(d) Surgical lights.
3. What does Mrs. Whitby make for her dog when he gets pneumonia?
(a) A wool jacket.
(b) His favorite meal.
(c) A warm bed.
(d) A hot soup.
4. How long does is take Roddy's dog to heal from his surgery?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Twenty days.
5. Why is Rip brought into the clinic?
(a) He gets a paw stuck in an animal trap.
(b) He is kicked by a bull.
(c) He is run over by a car.
(d) He becomes paralyzed.
6. Who does Siegfried blame for the bad behavior of the dogs in chapter 49?
(a) The dogs' mother.
(b) The servants.
(c) The children of the owners.
(d) The owners.
7. Where does Amber sleep when Herriot takes her home?
(a) The clinic.
(b) In the kennel.
(c) His bed.
(d) The barn.
8. What is the last name of the couple who owns Kim?
9. What does Herriot say dogs love most in life?
(a) Wide spaces.
(c) Other dogs.
10. What is wrong with Rip?
(a) He has bad gas.
(b) He has asthma.
(c) He has a lame paw.
(d) He has poor vision.
11. What is Ron Cundall's dog's name?
12. How is Ron Cundall paralyzed?
(a) He is in a terrible car accident.
(b) He is the victim of a mining collapse.
(c) He is shot in the back.
(d) He has a genetic disease.
13. What time does Cobb wake up Herriot to check on his beagle?
(a) 4:00 A.M..
(b) 1:00 A.M..
(c) 2:00 A.M..
(d) 3:00 A.M..
14. What is wrong with the dog of the man who spreads rumors about Herriot?
(a) It has a blockage in the digestive track.
(b) It has a malignant tumor.
(c) It has a skin condition.
(d) It has an eye condition.
15. What is Herriot treating Eric's bullock for?
(a) Back spasms.
(b) Roaming Eye.
(c) Stiff legs.
(d) Wooden tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Whitby's dog have a strange habit of doing?
2. What is Herriot's dog's name?
3. Where does Eric's dog like to sleep?
4. What does Herriot inspect on his last day at Brennan's practice?
5. What kind of dog is Rip?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)